✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Roadie Update!!! - Up in Flames and DLIBYH make the cut

bdevil89

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, by the way, cue johncrawford_44 talking about Up In Flames and how beautiful it is like we didn't already know that because he takes information from other sources and presents them as if he already knew it...

For Example: David Rossi said there will be strings on Paradise, and later that day John was going on about how there were strings Paradise...

"Up In Flames feels the same to me right now. It’s immense. I first heard it when the guys were sound-checking at the iTunes show. Apparently, Chris had started the song the previous night, so it was less than 24 hours old at that point. It was hypnotic in its simplicity, but devastatingly, achingly gorgeous. The final version has lost none of this and is a masterwork of restraint. It hasn’t been crammed with a million ideas and embellishments. Every part is there simply to enhance the emotional impact. I can only predict floods of tears in every quarter."

SIMPLICITY! :D I am excited. Some of my favorite Coldplay songs have been simple. Well, most of them have been. I have a hunch this will be one of MX's most organic songs. "It hasn't been crammed with a million ideas and embellishments." This kinda infers for me that R42 may not be fond of many of the minor sounds, overproduction, and stuff thrown into songs for this era. This will be no Major Minus or ETIAW, thats for sure. :)

I hope it provides much of what has made Coldplay my favorite band. According to R42 it does!

1. Simplicity. Check.

2. Gorgeous and hypnotic sound. Check.

3. An incredibly significant, emotional impact. CHECK.

how do we delete messages - i click the edit button which says edit/delete - but i don't see how to actually delete the repeat posts. Oh well, this new announcement is creating huge traffic on coldplaying appropriately enough.
don't worry about them for now -we're also doing a bit of work on the server at the same time which won't help :)

I'm excited too, guys, BUT SERIOUSLY. SERIOUSLY.

1) There are haters for DLIBYH's title? A title we don't know yet?? SERIOUSLY???

2) A 'Tomorrow' hint in that blog? You remind me of the guys who saw the walking man videos and said : "hey, Chris' head can be seen in his left leg..." or "we have to count the number of steps to know in how many days the album will come out"... Tomorrow is a word.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Oh, by the way, cue johncrawford_44 talking about Up In Flames and how beautiful it is like we didn't already know that because he takes information from other sources and presents them as if he already knew it...

For Example: David Rossi said there will be strings on Paradise, and later that day John was going on about how there were strings Paradise...

When did John ever talk about how beautiful up in flames was?

I am not a big fan of the title ETIAW, but the song turned out okay, so for those of you judging DLIBYH before hearing it, learn to not judge a book by it's cover...

Well it's even worse than judging a book by it's cover! In this case, people are judging DLIBYH as if they were judging "The Great Gatsby" when given TGG. Or "Lord of the Rings" from LOTR. Lame. :rolleyes:

I'm excited too, guys, BUT SERIOUSLY. SERIOUSLY.

1) There are haters for DLIBYH's title? A title we don't know yet?? SERIOUSLY???

2) A 'Tomorrow' hint in that blog? You remind me of the guys who saw the walking man videos and said : "hey, Chris' head can be seen in his left leg..." or "we have to count the number of steps to know in how many days the album will come out"... Tomorrow is a word.

Not that I don't agree, but for the record they aren't hating on "DLIBYH", they're hating on the title (if it is a title, which I wouldn't mind because I don't actually think its bad...it reminds me of Oasis' Stop Crying Your Heart Out) "Don't Let It Break Your Heart.

And also, it might've been a coincidence, but the fuzzy man took 110 steps and was put out onto YouTube on May 24th. So, 110 days from May 24th is September 12th (aka Paradise's release date...).

So you're telling me and everyone in this forum that I am running around claiming to know everything and bragging about it?! Dude, really? Check back on my posts and see if I am "bragging". I love the haters on this site... like, how do you build up such resentment towards someon you don't know? If I was hiding, why would I use my name? Come find me... we can talk.

So you're telling me and everyone in this forum that I am running around claiming to know everything and bragging about it?! Dude, really? Check back on my posts and see if I am "bragging". I love the haters on this site... like, how do you build up such resentment towards someon you don't know? If I was hiding, why would I use my name? Come find me... we can talk.

Ignore them, in a week everyone will know you were right, or wrong, but i think your right. And in your defense you gave us a lyric, so thats something we didnt know