✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Roadie Update!!! - Up in Flames and DLIBYH make the cut

bdevil89

It's getting closer, and great to finally hear from Roadie again.

So it looks like Up in Flames makes the cut, and seems to be a spectacular song along the lines of Fix You perhaps. it's amazing Chris wrote the night before the Itunes festival... wow, could it be the Clocks of the album - Roadie's description is interesting - hypnotically simple (kind of like the sound of the studiofeed sound we got a while back). Can't wait to hear it, and it's a part of the setlist.

I guess for all the haters of the seemingly "trite" titles are going to be disappointed that DLIBYH is making the cut - i don't care about titles - i care about the music and the lyrics personally - and from an earlier tweet - it seems Jonny gets all guitar hero on this one - "violently life affirming" - wow, that's an interesting description - and it seems to be another theme of the album which is pretty much every coldplay album - living life to the fullest.

Cant' wait - one more week till Paradise drops - i hope it's massive - almost as close to Viva if not as good. Viva is a one of kind song that most bands can only dream of - I think Paradise will be close but we'll have to hear it soon enough.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why they should have a rehearsal of a song which won't make the cut 3 days before they must hand the album away?

I'm sure both songs will be up on Mylo Xyloto.

And it sounded interesting but we have to wait. Basically its not more than:

Up in Flames: Simply but emotional

DLIBYH: Life affirming.

Why they should have a rehearsal of a song which won't make the cut 3 days before they must hand the album away?

Right :) but also B-Sides need a close listening :D ...ok,now i wait for the next Blog which confirms PoC on MX :laugh3: !..

And have you read?:

I was amazed at how vast and invigorating it sounded. They’re going to blow the sodding walls out when they kick into this one tomorrow

Ah yes, tomorrow - the band arrive at lunchtime for a full day of rehearsals. I guess I’d better make sure I’m ready…

I'm sure that TOMORROW will be on the album.

Only my thoughts but anyway i'd like to share them XD.

And have you read?:

I was amazed at how vast and invigorating it sounded. They’re going to blow the sodding walls out when they kick into this one tomorrow

Ah yes, tomorrow - the band arrive at lunchtime for a full day of rehearsals. I guess I’d better make sure I’m ready…

I'm sure that TOMORROW will be on the album.

Only my thoughts but anyway i'd like to share them XD.

it is amazing to read the first reviews of Up In Flames and DLIBYH.

Can't wait to hear both!!! Actually, can't wait to hear the whole album!

best roadie #42 blog in a long time!

Yeah, just looking forward to the songs...

I'm very happy that we hear anything new after the official MX announcement and 4 weeks without R42...

I'm excited too, guys, BUT SERIOUSLY. SERIOUSLY.

1) There are haters for DLIBYH's title? A title we don't know yet?? SERIOUSLY???

2) A 'Tomorrow' hint in that blog? You remind me of the guys who saw the walking man videos and said : "hey, Chris' head can be seen in his left leg..." or "we have to count the number of steps to know in how many days the album will come out"... Tomorrow is a word.

Yeah - I don't think he's hinting at Tomorrow - it sounds like he's just talking the start of rehearsals and the eventual longer journey they will embark on for the next 2 yrs - btw, i hope a lot of new songs make the album keeping it fresh - the more the better, well as long as it is what they want.

But again, don't think Roadie is hinting at tomorrow, but who knows with they've been promoting this album.

As for DLIBYH - knowing Chris and his pretty simple titles or at least his theme of love, heartbreak, etc. - it's likely something about breaking your heart at least, again based on Chris' history. Regardless, excited to hear at least 3 new songs on the album.