✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Whats with the MX Haters?

followchrist77

T

There's always going to be people who will not like something, they have a right to express their opinion and as much as you as a fan have the right to simply post "HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!" they have a right as a fan to post "THIS IS CRAP, I HATE IT!".

Yep I definitely do not dispute that right. What I am against is "This is so crap. You must be deaf for liking it!" or "This song sucks. Whoever likes it has no musical taste". As long as they stick to their opinion, I am fine :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I will spell it out...CURRENT sales, not past sales :)

:facepalm:

Again... are The Black Eyed Peas bigger than coldplay then? Seriously music sales mean nothing. Bands, solo artists,etc. doesn't matter, it's still music. They might sell more albums but they're nt getting better (considering what they've released, not the songs we haven't heard yet)

That goes both ways though. If you automatically scream HATER at everyone who dares to criticise, then you're no better than those who criticise unconstructively.

What's with the MX lovers?

There's always going to be people who will not like something, they have a right to express their opinion and as much as you as a fan have the right to simply post "HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!" they have a right as a fan to post "THIS IS CRAP, I HATE IT!".

Good point Imke. :wacko:

Bickering has become a sport in this forum....:confused:

Yes, as it always will be when people with differing opinions are grouped together on a website.

Why are people always complaining?

It's to long.

I don't like ETIAW!

CAR KIDS DIDN'T MAKE IT?

Their new style is strange...

For gosh sakes, your on a coldplay FANsite.

Yeah, why are they always complaining! I can remember someone even started a thread complaining about Paradise's release date being one day after 9/11, ten years after. Really.

.... oh wait, that was you.

:facepalm:

Again... are The Black Eyed Peas bigger than coldplay then? Seriously music sales mean nothing. Bands, solo artists,etc. doesn't matter, it's still music. They might sell more albums but they're nt getting better (considering what they've released, not the songs we haven't heard yet)

I doubt Black Eyed Peas have sold as much as Coldplay. I am just saying that Coldplay are called the biggest band in the world by many people probably because of their sales, wide appeal (USA and Europe) and success at live concerts. I can´t see what other criteria they could possibly be using as "great=musically best" is a matter of opinion

Why are people always complaining?

It's to long.

I don't like ETIAW!

CAR KIDS DIDN'T MAKE IT?

Their new style is strange...

For gosh sakes, your on a coldplay FANsite. You are the ones who took time out of your day to write a post or make a thread about your favorite band. Why not just go with the flow? I understand criticism, but sometimes it goes a little to far people. I love Coldplay more now than I ever did... They just finished their 5th album and I can't wait to hear it. :dozey:

for gosh sakes ? :laugh3::lol::P

I doubt Black Eyed Peas have sold as much as Coldplay. I am just saying that Coldplay are called the biggest band in the world by many people probably because of their sales, wide appeal (USA and Europe) and success at live concerts. I can´t see what other criteria they could possibly be using as "great=musically best" is a matter of opinion

BEP has sold more than coldplay, believe it or not.

take a look @ the killers....they have changed their style with the first single of their last album, but at least it's a nice song

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIZdjT1472Y&ob=av2e]The Killers - Human - YouTube[/ame]

this single is better than ETIAW and PARADISE hands down (and i'm not even a big fan of the killers)

BEP has sold more than coldplay, believe it or not.

As overall album sales, or just one album? And high sales both in Europe and USA or just in USA? Anyway mine was and remains just a guess. I don´t know why most journalists and such call Coldplay the greatest band in the world. Of course they are to me, but I don´t know what criteria they use

As overall album sales, or just one album? And high sales both in Europe and USA or just in USA? Anyway mine was and remains just a guess. I don´t know why most journalists and such call Coldplay the greatest band in the world. Of course they are to me, but I don´t know what criteria they use

all over the world.

I find it ridiculous that anyone is complaining about songs we haven't even heard not being on the record. Sure, I understand MTM complaints, I love that song.. but Car Kids? REALLY? Sounds like a horrible title anyway! Based on what is that going to be any better than anything we've heard of MX (which, by the way, is actually excellent).

For me, it's a bit too soon to judge an album with the songs we have heard so far. I understand people on both sides. What I don't understand is the natural reaction to "attack" other people over their comments.

I admit I have my own reservations about what's to come because I think we have quite high expectations, which is understandable given the band's catalogue. However, it's music, people. It's not the end of the world. If you like it, fine. If you don't, listen to something else and hope that in the future they'll write something that is more of your taste.

Of course, to me, singles are quite often not really the best songs in an album. At least, that's what I think. So, I am not going to base my opinion on Paradise. I liked ETIAW and I am not completely against Paradise but I want better songs, of course.

From all the new era stuff we have heard I'd rank them as:

Charlie Brown

Hurts Like Heaven

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

Princess of China (live version w/o Rihanna, can't judge actual yet)

Us Against the World

Paradise

Moving to Mars

Major Minus

I do think that Paradise will come off better live than the album, version though. I like Paradise but it doesn't stand out to me, In my preference I'd have it on a level with Christmas Lights, 42, The Hardest Part, A Rush of Blood to the Head, Shiver in terms of album version likability. Songs like Shiver, God Put a Smile on Your Face, Talk and Lost work much better for me in the live version vs the album. I have a feeling Paradise will be the same.