✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Whats with the MX Haters?

followchrist77

Why are people always complaining?

It's to long.

I don't like ETIAW!

CAR KIDS DIDN'T MAKE IT?

Their new style is strange...

For gosh sakes, your on a coldplay FANsite. You are the ones who took time out of your day to write a post or make a thread about your favorite band. Why not just go with the flow? I understand criticism, but sometimes it goes a little to far people. I love Coldplay more now than I ever did... They just finished their 5th album and I can't wait to hear it. :dozey:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don´t think there are any haters per se, but I think a lot of Coldplay fans have sky high expectations and they have a strong emotional attachment to their favorite Coldplay songs, maybe from the first album, so they feel a new direction might disappoint them. I also think the MX era provoked a lot of criticism, maybe more than ever before, but this is what happens when a band chooses to change and evolve, regardless of what others think. It´s them against the world :)

I agree to some extent. Some people are just not going to like the new sound, and thats fine. But this is a Coldplay fasite, so I hate it when I come across a few people who seem like they really hate Coldplay. Bottom line, we have -1,000% control over what Coldplay do. So just enjoy it. I agree it is really different, but in a good way :)

People have a right to their opinion as you do to yours. Not everyone is going to like everything the band does - that goes for every fanbase for every band out there. Everyone's opinion has validity when it comes to music and criticism arises when someone is less than happy with something. "Go with the flow"? Right, never question, never criticise, and don't you dare deviate from the opinion of the majority. Coldplay isn't a religion - stop acting like it is one.

Why are people always complaining?

Its to long.

I dont like ETIAW!

CAR KIDS DIDN'T MAKE IT?

They're new style is strange...

For gosh sakes, your on a coldplay FANsite. You are the ones who took time out of your day to write a post or make a thread about your favorite band. Why not just go with the flow? I understand criticism, but sometimes it goes a little to far people. I love Coldplay more now than I ever did... They just finished their 5th album and I can't wait to hear it. :dozey:

Amen to that! Mylo Xyloto isn't even out yet- unfortunately people feel the need to say "wow this totally blows, my band's stuff is better" rather than a simple, "eh, not my favorite".

Honestly why bother bringing down everybody that likes their direction with comments about how much they've "gone downhill". I realize the Paradise clip is only 30 seconds long so I'm not gonna rip on it because it isn't the full song anyways (not that I would rip on it, I <3 it).

And yeah I like Coldplay more than ever before too because I'm proud to be a fan of a band that doesn't mind what people think of their new direction. If your on a fansite don't post about how much they suck now, that's just nasty. :/

I agree to some extent. Some people are just not going to like the new sound, and thats fine. But this is a Coldplay fasite, so I hate it when I come across a few people who seem like they really hate Coldplay. Bottom line, we have -1,000% control over what Coldplay do. So just enjoy it. I agree it is really different, but in a good way :)

I think early fans are the ones who seem to really get upset about the new material. I do understand their point of view, but the sooner we all accept that Coldplay are and will always be changing, the better for everyone. It must also be hard for people to come to this forum, of their favorite band, to voice how disappointed they are in them!

It´s just the way of Coldplay that fans do not like. Well, some fans ;)

I love Parachutes, A rush, X&Y and Viva... and I love MX so far. But I can also understand people complaining about something, that began with X&Y: Coldplay is playing more and more for the mainstream. Thinking back to old times, you would never have expected such hip hop or pop elements in a Coldplay song as shown in Etiaw or Paradise.

The only thing I can say is: I love Coldplay and when you listen carefully to all their new songs, even etiaw, you can still hear that it is Coldplay and that there is much more behind their songs, than some people think... please stop to compare their songs with Timberlake, Gaga or wannabe musicians like them.

Just try to understand their music :)

Its still Coldplay. Faster and better than ever before.

People have a right to their opinion as you do to yours. Not everyone is going to like everything the band does - that goes for every fanbase for every band out there. Everyone's opinion has validity when it comes to music and criticism arises when someone is less than happy with something. "Go with the flow"? Right, never question, never criticise, and don't you dare deviate from the opinion of the majority. Coldplay isn't a religion - stop acting like it is one.

I think he did not mean it that way. I took it as in "go with the change". Coldplay always change, so it is kinda pointless to criticize them because they did not make the old music they used to...

That's funny because that was one of the most ridiculous complaints yet. :laugh3:

I have to say agree with you on that one- 9/11 was mostly devastating to the US and to add to that it was 10 YEARS ago. Coldplay is a band- they can release what they want when they want to (only if it's agreed with the label though :P).

Amen to that! Mylo Xyloto isn't even out yet- unfortunately people feel the need to say "wow this totally blows, my band's stuff is better" rather than a simple, "eh, not my favorite".

Honestly why bother bringing down everybody that likes their direction with comments about how much they've "gone downhill". I realize the Paradise clip is only 30 seconds long so I'm not gonna rip on it because it isn't the full song anyways (not that I would rip on it, I <3 it).

And yeah I like Coldplay more than ever before too because I'm proud to be a fan of a band that doesn't mind what people think of their new direction. If your on a fansite don't post about how much they suck now, that's just nasty. :/

Nobel Prize Winner Right there^.

P.S.

Tele, Strat, or what the heck guitar in your pic? Nice one btw.

I think he did not mean it that way. I took it as in "go with the change". Coldplay always change, so it is kinda pointless to criticize them because they did not make the old music they used to...
I understand what you're saying, but you're making the assumption that it's pointless to share your view on something if it happens to be negative. Which is exactly what the OP is saying. Adding to that the fact that he's labeling everyone with something critical to say a 'hater', I'd say my interpretation of what the OP is saying isn't as far off the mark as you think.

I think early fans are the ones who seem to really get upset about the new material. I do understand their point of view, but the sooner we all accept that Coldplay are and will always be changing, the better for everyone. It must also be hard for people to come to this forum, of their favorite band, to voice how disappointed they are in them!

Exactly right ;) :thumbsup:

Iit's pointless to share your view on something if it happens to be negative.

No I think there is a point in sharing your opinion on something, whether negative or not, but there is no point in basing that opinion only on the following criteria "it does not sound like what Coldplay used to do". That is a criteria often used on this forum and I think that it is a miserable life as a fan, not accepting that Coldplay are changing and always hoping for what they used to know and love.

I think criticism is fine as long as people don't start attacking those of us who like it. When ETIAW came out it was a disaster.

Think about it: If you were an established Coldplay fan and they started churning out stuff that you didn't like, wouldn't you be pissed off? I would be, and I would want to voice my opinion about it instead of brewing in silence.

I think criticism is fine as long as people don't start attacking those of us who like it. When ETIAW came out it was a disaster.

This! I think that´s why a lot of ETIAW lovers felt attacked. A lot of posts were respect less of other people´s enjoyment of the song/new material.