• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people always complaining?

Its to long.

I dont like ETIAW!

CAR KIDS DIDN'T MAKE IT?

They're new style is strange...

For gosh sakes, your on a coldplay FANsite. You are the ones who took time out of your day to write a post or make a thread about your favorite band. Why not just go with the flow? I understand criticism, but sometimes it goes a little to far people. I love Coldplay more now than I ever did... They just finished their 5th album and I can't wait to hear it. :dozey:

Learn how to English plz.

U2 is bigger than coldplay right now. Radiohead too I think, even if I hate them D:

U2 yes, Radiohead.. Ehh not here at least... I was talking music with one of my friends like yesterday, talking about what concerts I was gonna drag her to, and told her Coldplay and Radiohead..And she said "hmm radiohead..are they opening for coldplay?"

I don't mind someone being critical, I just can't stand arrogance. I've seen a few posters quite blatantly declare that many of the songs on MX are objectively worthless and that they could do better themselves.

Yeah, that doesn't sit well with me at all.

Really, all they are saying is that they are fans of indie rock and Coldplay don't play indie-alt rock anymore like they did on Parachutes. But they are saying it in such a damn annoying way.

I don't mind someone being critical, I just can't stand arrogance. I've seen a few posters quite blatantly declare that many of the songs on MX are objectively worthless and that they could do better themselves.

Yeah, that doesn't sit well with me at all.

Really, all they are saying is that they are fans of indie rock and Coldplay don't play indie-alt rock anymore like they did on Parachutes. But they are saying it in such a damn annoying way.

Agreed. Constructive criticism is the way to go. Not just attacking it.

Yeah, I saw that guy's post, too. Who the hell says that they're better than someone else at anything? I doubt if Coldplay heard some 3rd graders' recorder concert they would say "we're better than this crap!"

It´s disheartening to see the word objectively being thrown around...when it comes to music, I really can not see how anything can be objective and can be proven scientifically. Again I know this might hurt some people, but your opinion is really only just that...your opinion.

Argh again comparison with the Beatles! hehe No other band was in their position to revolutionize music history, so any direct comparison would be very unfair I think.

I have seen Coldplay being described as the biggest band in the world in nearly every article I read. Apparently it´s something a lot of people think. Maybe it has something to do with their sales...if you sell more than any other band, then you are automatically the world´s biggest band. I do not have numbers to prove this, but it is my guess as to why they got that title. I really don´t care either way as I don´t need them to be the world´s biggest band in order for me to like them...(although great success gives great artistic freedom so for that I am grateful on their behalf)

I agree with constructive criticism, which I interpret as a criticism directed to the song , without pretending to know best and without dissing other people for thinking differently.

I have seen Coldplay being described as the biggest band in the world in nearly every article I read. Apparently it´s something a lot of people think. Maybe it has something to do with their sales...if you sell more than any other band, then you are automatically the world´s biggest band. I do not have numbers to prove this, but it is my guess as to why they got that title. I really don´t care either way as I don´t need them to be the world´s biggest band in order for me to like them...(although great success gives great artistic freedom so for that I am grateful on their behalf)

Well, according to that Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber or Britney Spears should be bigger than coldplay :nod:

Artistic freedom? :lol:

Agreed. Constructive criticism is the way to go. Not just attacking it.

Yeah, I saw that guy's post, too. Who the hell says that they're better than someone else at anything? I doubt if Coldplay heard some 3rd graders' recorder concert they would say "we're better than this crap!"

Yep Constructive being keyword. I am seeing alot of attacking though, that's why I made this thread. To complain about the attackers, not the constructive criticism.

It wouldn't be any good if everyone here agreed on how great everything is they do. Some discussion is important.

Myself, I'm a fan especially of the older work. Viva (album) pleased me a lot, but I just don't like the MX direction. Most of the new songs I've heard aren't really my taste and don't compare at all (in my point of view) to any pre-X&Y stuff. Doesn't mean I would do better. :p

Most of the new songs I've heard aren't really my taste and don't compare at all (in my point of view) to any pre-X&Y stuff. :p

Yeah I think the important thing to remember here is that they don´t COMPARE at all, meaning they can´t really be compared as they are totally different. The new songs might not fall into everyone´s tastes but can´t really be compared to anything that came before...

Yep Constructive being keyword. I am seeing alot of attacking though, that's why I made this thread. To complain about the attackers, not the constructive criticism.

That goes both ways though. If you automatically scream HATER at everyone who dares to criticise, then you're no better than those who criticise unconstructively.

What's with the MX lovers?

There's always going to be people who will not like something, they have a right to express their opinion and as much as you as a fan have the right to simply post "HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!" they have a right as a fan to post "THIS IS CRAP, I HATE IT!".

Guest Osaka Sun

Is it just me or is Mylo Xyloto released in late October? :rolleyes:

Why are we fighting about the album now? We've only heard two songs in their official form (Major Minus could be updated) and one 30-second clip.

Is it just me or is Mylo Xyloto released in late October? :rolleyes:

Why are we fighting about the album now? We've only heard two songs in their official form (Major Minus could be updated) and one 30-second clip.

Bickering has become a sport in this forum....:confused: