✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Whats with the MX Haters?

followchrist77

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People have a right to their opinion as you do to yours. Not everyone is going to like everything the band does - that goes for every fanbase for every band out there. Everyone's opinion has validity when it comes to music and criticism arises when someone is less than happy with something. "Go with the flow"? Right, never question, never criticise, and don't you dare deviate from the opinion of the majority. Coldplay isn't a religion - stop acting like it is one.

Exactly. The inernet is a wonderful way for people to voice their opinions- opinions that are not necessarily the same as yours. Get over it the criticism, Coldplay are public figures and public figures aren't loved by everyone.

Exactly. The inernet is a wonderful way for people to voice their opinions- opinions that are not necessarily the same as yours. Get over it the criticism, Coldplay are public figures and public figures aren't loved by everyone.

You spelled internet wrong, your opinion is invalid. :phu:

Not what I ment. I said criticism is cool, but not to the point where you dis the best band in the world. I'm not pointing virtual fingers at anyone, I just wana see some replies from diehard coldplay fans.

But they AREN'T the best band in the world. :laugh3:

I love Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head and Viva la Vida (and little bits of X&Y), and as a band I love 'em to death. But it's alright to not like EVERYTHING they do. I AM disappointed that Every Teardrop is a Waterfall is on the album, I don't really like the new style (mainly that bubble font), and Car Kids would have been an awesome song title...

...but I'm still majorly stoked for the album and I'm sure I'll love it.

Forget that.

I love Coldplay, they're by far my favorite band. But I love them enough to criticize them if I feel the direction they're taking isn't good. If I didn't love them, I wouldn't care. My relationship with Coldplay is built off tough love, because seeing what they're capable of doing in the past and seeing the not so amazing work they've put out from this era just frustrates me.

And the same goes on for other bands I'm really big on too. I love Radiohead, but I hated King of Limbs. That sound in general is one that just didnt appeal to me whatsoever.

Things I hate about The MX era: The font. Its freaking hideous! What the hell were they thinking? In my opinion the entire artwork era of Viva La Vida was so amazing, I loved the splattered paint and Revolutionary theme.

The poppy sound. The para-para and wa-wa-waterfalling just doesn't appeal to me one bit. It sounds cheesy as hell.

Princess of China: The whole song in general sounds piss poor. 20 seconds of la-la-la-ing is lackluster. I only like the minor tricks Jonny throws in before they go for a solo thing. And I'm still considering that I'll be wrong, because the only audio we have available is off the Rock Am Park performance, the studio version may be a thousand times better. I'm gonna get a lot of crap for this, but hey, its my opinion. Just because its a Coldplay fansite, doesn't mean its absolutely mandatory for every single person on here to blindly love all of their work.

With that being said there are still songs I'm very fond of (HLH, CB, MM, MTM, and the Paradise snippet sounded promising to an extent.) Regardless of my negative attitudes towards this era, its still something I'm very excited about, with hope that is slightly starting to dwindle. I can only hope that it will be rekindled with tracks that haven't been played yet, and that they'll win me over once again, because Coldplay always has. :)

Disagreement is healthy. I'm for respecting differing opinions, as it'll make the discussion about this stuff far more interesting than just having comments that say "OH BOY I LOVE EVERYTHING, ITS AMAZING" and this :dance: smiley haha.

Cheers!

And "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" doesn't? :dozey:

You + Point = Missed

I said how can you say one is terrible and the other good when they are both the same type of name. I don't care either way, I like the song and if they released a song called Car Kids i'd like it or not based on the song, not the name.

You + Point = Missed

I said how can you say one is terrible and the other good when they are both the same type of name. I don't care either way, I like the song and if they released a song called Car Kids i'd like it or not based on the song, not the name.

No, I get the point. It's just that I disagree. Just because Car Kids has the word "Kids" in it, it doesn't mean that it's a song aimed at children.

Obviously, people have different opinions about what is cheesy and what is not...and personally, I think that Car Kids is (objectively and relatively) a good title. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall is (objectively and relatively) not.

That said, I actually really enjoy Every Teardrop is a Waterfall. :P

Car Kids seems to me like something that should be the title of an Arcade Fire song for some reason. :|

I thought the same thing. Probably has to do with Win Butler's obsession with words "car" and "kids." :P

Forget that.

I love Coldplay, they're by far my favorite band. But I love them enough to criticize them if I feel the direction they're taking isn't good. If I didn't love them, I wouldn't care. My relationship with Coldplay is built off tough love, because seeing what they're capable of doing in the past and seeing the not so amazing work they've put out from this era just frustrates me.

And this. Very good point!

The Beatles:dazzled:

Haha I love the Beatles but I've always considered them a tad overrated as musicians/songwriters. I appreciate the influence they had on popular music and culture, but most of their songs just aren't my favorite.

:\

Except Come Together. Best song ever.

Haha I love the Beatles but I've always considered them a tad overrated as musicians/songwriters. I appreciate the influence they had on popular music and culture, but their songs just aren't my favorite.

:\

Except Come Together. Best song ever.

I don't even think they're perfect. They have some bad songs :lol: but they influenced almost every band out there and created so many awesome music in such a short time :dazzled:. I really like how their songs are timeless

Well, my other favorite band at the moment is Arcade Fire, but The Beatles are like my all time favorite band, that won't change I think :wacky: