✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Favourite Paradise Youtube Comments

Reilly

And people say this isn't a good. They'll bitch about anything. The replay button has been used a lot since I was here yesterday.

thebouncer12345 5 hours ago

Anything!

prononce music without ''coldplay'' .. NO! IMPOSSIBLE

11kopitar 7 hours ago

How can you not like this song? It is... Coldplay.

MRhamiltong 7 hours ago 4

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

admnistramation - Rap isn't music in the traditional sense - one the lyrics mostly focus on either f'ing some ho, or having done so many times over, or how much bling/jewelry/cash/money/more hos/cars, or how they're the greatest and everyone else sucks, yada yada yada... in the traditional sense of actually creating the music - most times it's a looped beat or some heavily sampled creation. Practically every Jay-Z song that's actually a hit song or popular takes a riff from somewhere else, and plays it over and over again with him rapping about aforementioned subjects. Now that's what I call music vol. 542

Interestingly, Lou Reed who asked at a MTV awards what happened to playing enough real music like rock and roll (implying MTV focuses too much on rap), and perhaps Noel Gallagher knew that rap isn't real creative music if u need to borrow so much for every one of your songs (esp. your hit ones)) when he commented about Jay-Z headlining Glastonbury. Hey even Dylan mentioned it too - but what do Lou Reed, Dylan, or even Gallagher know about music...

Rap isn't music in the traditional sense - one the lyrics mostly focus on either f'ing some ho, or having done so many times over, or how much bling/jewelry/cash/money/more hos/cars, or how they're the greatest and everyone else sucks, yada yada yada... in the traditional sense of actually creating the music - most times it's a looped beat or some heavily sampled creation.

Now I'm not the biggest fan of rap or hip hop per se but this was one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read. Here's just an example of a great song by a great artist: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG2X6QPZG6U]Madvillain - Meat Grinder - YouTube[/ame]

How many times have you even listened to rap? Or do you just hear a Jay-Z or Lil Wayne song on the radio and think that's indicative of the entire genre? :rolleyes:

Look - I think modern rap is pretty much crap, as for old school there is quality stuff - but i don't consider it creative musically bc it just uses samples and beats just looped over somebody speaking (not singing) a bunch of phrases that may or may not make sense. Not music, but some call it music. Sam Cooke - now that's music - classic. Mos Def is good, but overall don't feel it's music like rock and roll and other genres.

Your Madvillians is a perfect example of the musical creativity of rap - it's just a bunch of samples looped over and over again. Not hard to do compared to actually coming up with riffs, chord structure, a vocal melody, etc. Modern day rap is not music in terms of composition of new music (e.g. ideas, motifs, etc.) compared to other genres out there. thanks for pointing that out with your example.

What's up with the lag, i click once, and it double posts - lot of traffic with Up in Flames being played i guess (ok song so far, nothing special, but not as good as Paradise, ETIAW, and the rest of tracks we've heard so far). Listening to See you soon and For you - that's quality old school Coldplay.

Look - I think modern rap is pretty much crap, as for old school there is quality stuff - but i don't consider it creative musically bc it just uses samples and beats just looped over somebody speaking (not singing) a bunch of phrases that may or may not make sense.

Fair enough - obviously there is no right or wrong answer about what type of music is good. I just thought it was unfair how you seemed to categorize rap lyrics being about "f'ing some ho" and similar.

Just curious: What do you think about artists that uses samples and beats, like Flying Lotus or Four Tet for example?

I don't think samples are bad but when it becomes the underlying source of your music then it becomes trite and not creative music. but then again techno is like that too - which is great for the fans of techno but at the end of the day it's repetitive.

To be fair, I really like Kanye's work as he tries to mesh many different genres of music, and though he samples, he also creates his own music - Dark Twisted Fantasy is quite the exception from the hip/hop genre in terms of musical creativity. I really like what he is doing with the genre and giving it more credibility than other people in the hip/hop world.

As for the f'ing ho's - sorry, didn't mean all of them do - but it's a tragedy for a heritage of music that arises from such great music as Motown, Sam Cooke, Jazz that we get a very harsh, uncreative offspring of music that denigrates people for the majority of the time. But, honestly, there's not at least one track on a hip hop album in the last 10 to 20 years where there isn't violence, or denigration of others, or bragging how great they are, and everyone else are not.

Look - I think modern rap is pretty much crap, as for old school there is quality stuff - but i don't consider it creative musically bc it just uses samples and beats just looped over somebody speaking (not singing) a bunch of phrases that may or may not make sense.

It's still music though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw]Tyler The Creator - Yonkers - YouTube[/ame]

Surely you can appreciate creativity in rap music? You probably do just hear Lil Wayne and Jay Z, its like me thinking rock music is shit because Muse and Kings of Leon are awful.

Actually on 2nd thought, rock music IS shit, but its still music.

Reilly - if you consider that music in the same vein as other genres - more power to you - frankly if coldplay came up with "music" like that - there would be armageddon amongst the rank and file - listening to that track, wow... that's exactly my point. and no i don't just listen to Jay Z and Lil Wayne, if you've seen previous posts I mentioned Mos def, and look I don't consider it musically creative - it's spoken word if anything, and oft times unintelligible perhaps on purpose. I've listened to Pharaoe Monche, Jurassic 5, Common - they have decent lyrics but still I feel it's not creative musically, bc it's not something they innately created but have sampled or looped. Perhaps it's a technicality but that's how I view things.

And your video proves my point for me. thanks

This song gave me the courage to come out of the closet and tell my family I'm gay :)

shivaniispartyman 2 hours ago 30 thumbs up

@shivaniispartyman u should be ashamed of yourself, UR A QUEER!!!! Just turn straight faggot, its not that hard, u are not born gay, u choose to be gay

6789msdaniel 35 minutes ago

Personally I think it's great that the song has given the first guy the courage to come out. The second respons is wrong in so many ways. Oh, I just read another response that's even worse .... :(