✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

We're not getting Parachutes II.

Mark

...and is it really that pop? Really? More pop than In My Place? Viva La Vida? Yellow? The Scientist? Clocks? Fix You?

There is a large difference in Viva La Vida and any of the other tracks you mentioned..

If you think that Paradise and ETIAW sound similar to Yellow, In My Place, etc...then I guess you have an argument. But to the rest of us (both the ones who love AND the ones who hate Paradise and ETIAW) there is an obvious distinction from the earlier material. The new stuff is much less alternative and much more pop(referring to ETIAW and Paradise alone). Whether that is good or bad is up to us each to decide.

I'm sorry I've upset people but I wasn't saying that their opinion wasn't valid if they didn't like the songs. And I'm sorry I'm clogging up the forum, but I haven't seen every discussion, and by the time I have it's generally been over.

All I'm saying is, just because it's commercial, does that mean it's totally unlistenable?

I didn't mean to include everybody, some critics are constructive and have lots of merits but most of them are insulting.

The thing is that it gets very annoying to see how you're labeled as a hater every time you post a negative opinion about anything that coldplay does. I wouldn't even find insulting most of the stuff posted here, it's just people talking about their disappointment with this new single.

The thing is that it gets very annoying to see how you're labeled as a hater every time you post a negative opinion about anything that coldplay does. I wouldn't even find insulting most of the stuff posted here, it's just people talking about their disappointment with this new single.

I'd say being a hater is having no clear reason to dislike it, and just choosing to for a reason other than the music.

Well, many people have called me and other users haters just because we dislike the music.

Well I'm not and as I said "it's just frustrating when the only thing anyone has to say about Paradise is how long they've followed the band for." The only annoying thing is hearing people saying "Well I've been a fan from the start, and look how my band has declined". I'm not having a go at anyone who doesn't like the new material. I'm just saying, don't expect it to be like the old stuff and don't decide to dislike it because it's different.

Well, that topic has been discussed in many threads already. No one expects another parachutes, it's just that for me, I think they're taking the wrong direction. When you've been a fan for so long you just realize what are they capable of and that's why some of us are so annoyed now. It doesn't mean we want a new parachutes.

They are talented so if they're going to make pop it's ok, but make it interesting! same with any genre they want to explore.

Not to offend any bullshit haters out there but Coldplay are always changing. Their debut album sucked, apart from songs like ENL, Yellow, Parachutes and Shiver...it sucked. They just wined about love crap but now they've evolved into great artists. I hope to god they don't make another Parachutes. They need to keep moving forward. Have the haters forgotten already about great new songs like "Charlie Brown" and "Hurts Like Heaven"? They show that they can still write amazing songs. Even though they seem to be getting more and more mainstream, they still sound good and at least they aren't rapping.....yet!

If you think the first album sucked then you are the bullshit my friend.