✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

We're not getting Parachutes II.

Mark

I'm sorry, but I'm fed up of people comparing MX against old material.

Coldplay are not returning to their roots. Coldplay are progressing into new territory. No matter what they do, they will always be the band that wrote Politik, Everything's Not Lost, etc, so logically, some of that will manifest in Mylo Xyloto. But if you don't like the new direction, don't listen to it. Listen to your old albums.

Bands who are well-respected move forward; ie Radiohead, U2. Bands who don't move forward so much, are less-respected; ie Oasis. It's a no-brainer to do something new, and is it really that pop? Really? More pop than In My Place? Viva La Vida? Yellow? The Scientist? Clocks? Fix You?

I'm really sorry to rant, it's just frustrating when the only thing anyone has to say about Paradise is how long they've followed the band for.

The songs are bad. There are good changes and bad changes. They changed in a bad way this time, why is that opinion so hard to understand?

And yeah, read before you post another one of these threads complaining about people complaining about the song.

The problem is that saying "The new songs are bad" is as arrogant as saying "the new songs are great".

You can like them or you can hate them, but you can't say (well, you can do whatever you want xD) that THEY JUST ARE THE WORST or THEY JUST ARE THE BEST. That's childish. We're all adults here and we all know what we like and what not. If you say that a song is bad, you're saying that your taste is what matters, and that those who like it just don't know what real music is.

If you say that a song is bad, you're saying that your taste is what matters, and that those who like it just don't know what real music is.
:stunned:

I think that when people say that a song is good or bad you should add the imo behind it in mind. (imo=in my opinion)

People usually leave that out because they think it's obvious that they are talking about an opinion rather than stating what real music is or something.

At least that's what I usually do.

Just because you have been a fan since Parachutes (and I would not want a Parachutes II, by the way), does not mean you have to wave the pom poms and blindly support a band. As an avid fan, I think of Coldplay as family - anyone in my family can be highly critical of each other, but no one else can.

I highly doubt there is anyone in this forum who WILL NOT buy the new album, regradless of the first two singles... so we have a certain right to QUESTION the direction of the new album. They still could win me back around... as much as I don't like the new sound, I can't get "Para-Para-Paradise" out of my head.

Take, for example, U2. When U2 released Achtung Baby, it surprised alot of people in the beginning. The first single was "The Fly" and I remember kids I was friends with thinking. "wtf?" Then they released "Mysterious Ways" and it sounded a little more like U2. The album turned out to be a masterpiece and "One", the third single I believe, blew up. I LOVED that direction.... I hated the "Pop" direction that followed. But I love the courage it took to take a chance... but that does not mean we have to love the direction.

I don't want a Parachutes 2.00 guyyyyys!!! - I just want a song that makes me shiver and Paradise doesn't make it happen..

Then yes, I prefere rock music despite of pop music ... and why not?! This is just an opinion, I don't wanna hurt anybody, just say what I think about it! And if I'm spending time to write my thought about this (in my terrible english, sorry!!) it's just because I do love them so much ... :)

you know, I understand them need to have a change and I ACTUALLY agree, but I don't like this new one and I don't like this direction! I don't think there's nothing wrong in this, and I think that everybody's free to express them own ideas! to me, the fact is that coldplay used to do such a great passional, poetic and powerfull rock music, now i'm still missing something new like this! but I feel confident still!

The progression thing is an excuse that Coldplay would rather stay being commercially relevant.

Oh and the U2 "brand" has been playing it safe for years now for the same reason.

Radiohead on the other hand have just stepped away from it all. No record deal, they put out stuff when they like, how they like with none of the hype train bs......as well as musicially pushing boundaries.

That is the progression Coldplay should be making. But they chose to sell their souls.......

Nobody's asking for Parachutes II. We all want Coldplay to progress musically but not in the way they're doing with Mylo Xyloto. Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends was nothing like their previous material but almost everybody still loved it.

I still don't get why one has to open a new thread for every single thought and present it as something brand new when it has been said in other threads a million times already and could be said there again if one feels the need to.

All these threads are just making the board slow and I can already picture the reaction to a board crash. Well, if it happens, it won't be the admin's fault, it won't be the mods' fault and it won't even be the server's fault.