✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Interview with Chris for RS magazine on working with Eno and Rihanna

Blue Nails

Liberation didn't mean Chris was going to magic away nerves. Obviously they don't want the world to think its shit. The difference is they're embracing themselves. I think having rihanna on a track speaks to that, not going mainstream, and I hate the idea of her presence right now.

Too many people are upset and what to assume they know the real coldplay. What we see is what we get.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He says he doesn't care about what people think anymore... but he seems so nervous, I can see that he's in fact concerned, or am I wrong?

"Colourful" is the word that I've always associated the MX era with (if it's not the colourful artwork, instruments and props, then it's definitely the colourful sound). Whether that's something I like is something else. I hope it won't be too colourful, for that would be kitschy in my eyes. I think I'm going to miss the sobriety of their previous albums. But before I judge, I'm dying to hear the album a few times.

I'm confident that they know what they're doing. Even if that would mean I totally don't like the new direction, there's really nothing I could do about it. They don't owe me anything. I was only born too late to be able to enjoy their Parachutes and AROBTTH days to the fullest.

Thank you! :clap:

I am coming around to the idea of Rihanna. The main thing is that we all like the new stuff. The best bands change their sounds to suit themselves and keep people interested. I am sure people would be moaning if we were getting a Parachutes sounding album continuously and poeple would say: 'why aren't they trying something different?' look on the bright side, although for me there is no bad side to it. They are guaranteed a number one in princess of china with rihanna.

After all it turns out that most of the haters are so-called "great loyal fans" (because they love Parachutes and AROBTTH so much...) are little children without respect.

Its not the point that they don't like the new stuff - no problem. But the way how they presented and articulated their point of view was childish. It really breakes my heart...

Don't let it break your heart! Sorry I had to :p

Chris Martin of Coldplay On working with Brian Eno and Rihanna - YouTube[/url] here you go :)

the most intresting part of this interview is when chris says

"We are better in making albums rather then singles"

i think he totally knows what the weak spot of he's band is.

It he doesn't give a shit about fans opinion why he feels he need inform us about this? Why he didn't say it previously, before other albums, huh?

I give no credit oppinion to coldplay fans who do not listen with the heart but just with the pants .

and the others british bands that is copying between them have the same sound british childish teen emo bud sound more boysband go go girls. genre kasabian and said are inspired by Coldplay pff

I think it's a good idea for Chris Martin to loko around him and see the world!! And a big part of that world right now is glorious R&B. I think it's good that Coldplay is looking at contemporary trends in music and just gets with them. The more diversity to their songs, the better, I say! :)

This will be like a, like a revolution. Like Muse always sings bout revolution in their songs, but Christ Martin will actually lead us on the path!! :):)

The path, the path of contemporary society.

I think it's great Coldplay is showing thier true COLOURS (and COLOURS BEING A BIG PART OF THIS ERA!!) by being so alternative that they can just PULL OFF! Stuff like this. And I'm sure we'll get it in brilliant song format, because experiments are important, but you got to tone it down to make it fit into good songs, else no one will want to listen haha. :)

So that's my 2 cents!~ let my voice be heard. This will surely brighten up my cocktailparties with my high class college friends. Viva la Martin!