✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Interview with Chris for RS magazine on working with Eno and Rihanna

Blue Nails

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people here should hear the last sentences of Chris Martin again and again.

I'm so proud that they don't care about haters. They just made the music they live for and we will see how the people will like it.

Right on! Haters, If you want the "Old" Coldplay, go listen to the last 4 albums! You gotta at least try to have an open mind about MX! Everyone is intitled to their opinions but this straight-up Coldplay MX era bashing is getting old. The album isnt even out yet!!!! I love the old albums to death, but Im excited and ready to listen to MX!

What a fabulous interview. Everything he said was fantastic- that they're done worrying about where they fit in, they don't care if people hate it, they just want to make the music they like. And the fact that they've decided that they shouldn't be afraid to show what they're listening to, etc, I think explains a lot of their "new direction". He seems a bit more mellow about criticism- I hope he manages to hold onto that!

Also, the fact that he described the album as "colorful" was like... a bulls-eye for me. My favorite thing about Coldplay is how colorful each of their songs is, and the fact that he chose that word to describe MX is... :wacky:

PS- he got a new shirt :o haha

I guess Chris is right in some sense - musicians are free to do whatever music they want - but I guess that some people in this forum are right in the sense that a band has a duty to please their loyal fan base who have been supporting them since they started...

After all, they would not be half of what they are, with the great loyal fans they have.

Chris Martin :thumbsup:

I guess Chris is right in some sense - musicians are free to do whatever music they want - but I guess that some people in this forum are right in the sense that a band has a duty to please their loyal fan base who have been supporting them since they started...

After all, they would not be half of what they are, with the great loyal fans they have.

with the collaboration of the true fans here. because we talk about this collaboration since January .

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4985438#post4985438

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74710

probably the worst interview ive seen him him, seriously....

Chris sounded like he was worried or just depressed LOL

he wasn't funny...at all..which is strange

Mylo Xyloto...is going to be a flop

Rolling Stone will give it a 3/5

Maybe you should listen to that parachutes vinyl? that's what i'm gonna do with my MX vinyl. and i'll love every second of it, because as far as i know so far, it's my favourite album of theirs. stop hating, we don't care if you like the ''old'' coldplay. and why does he have to be funny? and obviously he's worried - who wouldn't be after you've released an album and half of the people who've hear of you, detest you?

Enough

probably the worst interview ive seen him him, seriously....

Chris sounded like he was worried or just depressed LOL

he wasn't funny...at all..which is strange

Mylo Xyloto...is going to be a flop

Rolling Stone will give it a 3/5

If I was an artist doing what I like to do best and provide something to which people could listen whenever the wanted as well as make a dime and then read several thousand comments about how much like s*** my new material sounded, especially after working on it incredibly hard, I wouldn't feel very humorous either, Mr. Campbell. I can understand how Chris feels here, and I wouldn't want to be funny either at this point. Stop posting here if you're going to keep trolling. Your opinions are subjective to your own bias and are not objective or constructive in any way shape or form. You're not contributing to this forum in any way possible. Henceforth, unless you have something objective/constructive to say, just don't say it because it's past the point of annoying. If you hate this era so much, then stop reading into any Coldplay news, stop getting on this forum and talking trash about it, and go about your life listening to "Parachutes", "A Rush of Blood to the Head", and the select songs on "X&Y" and "Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends" for which you care, working your job, and doing whatever else it is you can do in your spare time, other than getting on this website and posting garbage.

"Mylo Xyloto" will go multi-platinum due to the fact that it's Coldplay, it's got popular elements spread throughout it that people love to hear, and it fits within the boundaries of a successful record, which are set by the Music Industry (appeal to future, appeal to popularity, appropriate style, appropriate rhythms, appropriate colors, etc). People all over the world love Coldplay and are open for a different sound, and "millions of people can't be wrong".

Enough is enough.

This is proof that no matter what you say when you are famous, there will always be a few idiots who find something to moan and complain about.

He barely said anything controversial, and he seemed incredibly relaxed and honest. This gets translated as "HE KNOWS MYLO XYLOTO IS GUNNA SUCK!" or "PARACHUTES WAS BETTA" or "BRIAN ENO IS THE BOSS". Jesus christ. Some of you really do need to find hobbies.

This is proof that no matter what you say when you are famous, there will always be a few idiots who find something to moan and complain about.

He barely said anything controversial, and he seemed incredibly relaxed and honest. This gets translated as "HE KNOWS MYLO XYLOTO IS GUNNA SUCK!" or "PARACHUTES WAS BETTA" or "BRIAN ENO IS THE BOSS". Jesus christ. Some of you really do need to find hobbies.

:nod: couldn't have said it better :nod:

You always have the strangest things to say...but it always works. :nod:

In reality, no band is bound to please their fanbase. If they want to continue to be successful, you'd think it would be a good idea, but the idea that they owe us something is false. They've given their current fans a bunch of albums they love. They don't owe anyone anymore than that. People can be disappointed in the change in direction, but beyond that we shouldn't act like they owe us something. Coldplay would be big even without Coldplaying...

And, the reality behind most of the intense criticism of Coldplay's new direction is from fans who think the band have changed spheres. This obviously flys in the face of what nearly every person on the earth thinks when they hear a Coldplay song. Read any reviews? Most people are like, well this is Coldplay - maybe slightly different - but still clearly Coldplay. Honestly, bands like U2 and Radiohead have sustained the greatest shifts in style and still been beloved. Can you imagine if either of them just made records like their first two or three? Where would the world of music be without their new directions?

Honestly, if a band I like takes a new direction, I generally see that as an opportunity for myself to grow as an appreciator of music. Coldplay have not shifted anywhere near enough to actually cause me to feel I've grown. If anything they've made nice incremental shifts which have made my listening experience feel fresh each time.

That's what I want with this new album - fresh. Some people want more of the same, and thats fine because people know what they like.

Let's just not all get high and mighty about Coldplay owing us something.

After all it turns out that most of the haters are so-called "great loyal fans" (because they love Parachutes and AROBTTH so much...) are little children without respect.

Its not the point that they don't like the new stuff - no problem. But the way how they presented and articulated their point of view was childish. It really breakes my heart...

"Where we fit in, I don´t care"

Mylo Xyloto in one sentence there! I always felt this was their album of liberation and this interview has confirmed it. It just shows not only their bravery in breaking stereotypes about music genre and about who Coldplay is, but also it shows a strong artistic integrity, where they are expressing themselves, regardless of the consequences. I believe it is a lesson we can all learn and boy am I looking forward to MX! :)

He says he doesn't care about what people think anymore... but he seems so nervous, I can see that he's in fact concerned, or am I wrong?

"Colourful" is the word that I've always associated the MX era with (if it's not the colourful artwork, instruments and props, then it's definitely the colourful sound). Whether that's something I like is something else. I hope it won't be too colourful, for that would be kitschy in my eyes. I think I'm going to miss the sobriety of their previous albums. But before I judge, I'm dying to hear the album a few times.

I'm confident that they know what they're doing. Even if that would mean I totally don't like the new direction, there's really nothing I could do about it. They don't owe me anything. I was only born too late to be able to enjoy their Parachutes and AROBTTH days to the fullest.

I have the upmost respect for Chris. He doesn't care what anyone else thinks and literally follows his heart (not to sound to cheesey), unlike most people these days. He's just a great, inspiring person

He most definitely is and I trust :chris::will::jonny::guy: :phil: to make great record after great record!!!