✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Interview with Chris for RS magazine on working with Eno and Rihanna

Blue Nails

This just came by in my timeline:

http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new-and-hot/coldplay-on-working-with-brian-eno-and-rihanna-20110920

Download in Multimedia: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4985039#post4985039

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?height=338&video_pcode=0yM2U60KQrAwuh8NdPRT3oFbLqgw&autoplay=1&deepLinkEmbedCode=RsZGR0MjpeOfq1k4T3k7lxE19zf8PNWD&width=600&embedCode=RsZGR0MjpeOfq1k4T3k7lxE19zf8PNWD"></script>

Enjoy!

---------------

YOUTUBE MIRROR:

Chris Martin of Coldplay On working with Brian Eno and Rihanna - YouTube[/url] here you go :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEGd84MAIJM]Chris Martin of Coldplay On working with Brian Eno and Rihanna - YouTube[/ame]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for putting that on here!

This was a good interview. Clearly, he knows of the "Paradise" backlash and isn't going to let it stop them from putting out a different kind of record! Kudos to him, because if they want to do something new, they should go for it. He can't even put a classification on MX, so we are in for a change here, and I'm willing to see what its going to be. I still love Coldplay! Can't wait for October! :)

Really loved this interview. You can't help but laugh at his crazy anecdotes, like building a great horse and cart as cars are coming in! ha.

also, it felt really raw and really honest at the end when he talks about not caring about being a relevant musician and just wanting to play with the other boys.

Okay,it's clear Chris gives everybody The Middle Finger (not in a negative way)

but he thinks like "What we've done before is great,but what we do now is something else and you hate it or love it"

He doesnt care like he says in the interview and i dont mind,he choose for the route of a more 'Dance' sound and i was listening to AROBTTH yesterday and thought by myself

"MX isnt that big of a change really,it's just more poppy then before,they always have been poppy"

So i have peace at the moment with the direction they are going.

But 'Paradise' is still total shit.

What a great interview. I really love how he called the album "colorful." That's how I feel about the few tracks we've been presented with in studio form.

It sounds to me like Brian Eno has been a very positive influence on this band. They became a behemoth among bands and with that comes a mass of opinions. In reading the other article in this section about Will's fears about MX now that it's been released and how they tried to please everybody in X&Y, it's clear to me that they let some of the negative criticism get to them and they faltered in confidence. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the talking heads and what they say, but I think Eno came in and boosted their confidence. I mean, weren't they thinking about splitting up after X&Y or during the making??

I'm much more excited about this album now that I've heard Mr. Martin ruminate on a few things to do with the album. He has assuaged my fears about PoC and he has left me anxious to hear the rest of the album!

probably the worst interview ive seen him him, seriously....

Chris sounded like he was worried or just depressed LOL

he wasn't funny...at all..which is strange

Mylo Xyloto...is going to be a flop

Rolling Stone will give it a 3/5

Take your Parachutes vinyl, unwrap it and go listen to the Coldplay you desire so much. Their old stuff is still there for you to love, listen and appreciate. Every album is a new sound, new style. You see this in the way they dress, the way their instruments are designed and their concerts. So therefor perhaps Chris might change as well. It's good to see him serious for once. I just goes to show how confidant he is now. He no longer thinks they are the worst band in the world. Which is so refreshing to hear from him. If you aren't happy about change then go be a conservative coldplayer somewhere else. We don't want your negativity.

probably the worst interview ive seen him him, seriously....

Chris sounded like he was worried or just depressed LOL

he wasn't funny...at all..which is strange

Mylo Xyloto...is going to be a flop

Rolling Stone will give it a 3/5

So you dislike everything about this new Era,thats pretty clear. Why youre still here then ?! Look in the mirror and keep hiding behind your Parachutes Vinyl ! Bye