🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

[27-Oct-2011] BBC Radio 1's Student Tour, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's already widely known and I'm just ignorant, I'm sorry.. but, why does Coldplay do the exact same setlist ever show? Is it just their "festival tour" setlist, and they'll change it up, or will be like this every show?

I think they'll make small changes, add more MX songs. But don't expect wholesale changes. The show is too orchestrated with backing tracks, lights, etc.

If it's already widely known and I'm just ignorant, I'm sorry.. but, why does Coldplay do the exact same setlist ever show? Is it just their "festival tour" setlist, and they'll change it up, or will be like this every show?

My understanding is that its because of specific light shows/setups for the song and so they are very familiar with all the songs they play and their order

Does it very much depend upon the venue? It's a closed venue, just slightly bigger than Moody Theater, ACL taping studio.. I think so..

The Moody Theater was much larger. There were 3 levels and about 2500 seats there.

I think the KROQ studio last week was the smallest venue, so far, with only 75-80 fans.