✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think the songs Paradise and Every teadrop's a waterfall are about?

parachutes333

Is paradise about escaping reality? Going to sleep and being in a better place? A year ago I was a lot into lucid dreaming and stuff. What do you think every teardrop's a waterfall is about though? What does ETIAW even mean? Does it mean a teardrop is greater and more monumental than it really is?

Paradise: Escaping reality and expecting more but being held back through stuff you can't control.

ETIAW: Standing up to oppression through spirituality and optimism.

Yup.

does optimism kinda mean through music??? I turn the music up? like a positive atmosphere?

does optimism kinda mean through music??? I turn the music up? like a positive atmosphere?

Yeah that's the framework: Being joyous and gaining confidence through the outlet of music. Illustrated through dancing, singing, etc.

It's the opposite of an oppressive Big-Brother kind of thing: The "kids" in the song are free to express themselves through music and dancing as opposed to speaking out directly.

I feel that this song has something to do with the joy of fighting for something you believe in and finally being recognized, even in a negative way. Many people would gladly spend a night in jail if it means getting their beliefs across. This song brings to mind protests against racism/war/for educational reform in the 60's. People would get beaten up, humiliated, and degraded by authorities, but they wouldn't have it any other way. I think this song says that in the joy of that moment, everything seems larger than life. Every (police) siren is a symphony, and every teardrop (of physical pain, perhaps caused by a beating from security?) is a beautiful waterfall.

"You can hurt me bad, but still I'll raise the flag."

From another thread I posted in. I think it makes sense with the concept of the album...fighting against the governnment. I could explain each line in more detail, and how they back up my interpretation, but I'm too lazy, so unless someone cares enough to ask, I won't. :cool:

I think it makes sense with the concept of the album...fighting against the governnment. I could explain each line in more detail, and how they back up my interpretation, but I'm too lazy, so unless someone cares enough to ask, I won't. :cool:

My theory of a story that fits the album is centered around a revolution aswell. I honestly want to hear your theory though