✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Blown away...

viva la justin

Out of all the songs we got at the festivals this was the only one I skipped. Hearing it on the album absolutely astonished me, it is so so so beautiful, and atmospheric. It's one of my faves for sure. Does anyone feel the same? I feel like most people loved the live version too.

If anyone shares my opinion, what is it about the studio version that makes it (IMO) so much better?

For me it's that intro, oh and the vocals sound great.

Reminds me of a bit of When The Ships Come In by Bob Dylan from The Times They Are a-Chaning 64' - "Dylan would say: "I can't really say that adults don't understand young people any more than you can say big fishes don't understand little fishes. I didn't mean "The Times They Are a-Changin'" as a statement... It's a feeling."[4]" from Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Times_They_Are_a-Changin'

Personally, I prefer this style, not so much distraction but a flow of telling in half-reflection.

You skipped the live version???

Is that towards my Post? I didn't check out Live version - but I think this song is the one which has more linkage to Co.'s old style - which I love, a bit of Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan, pure and peaceful Country/Folk when the emotional haze has gone rest, like sunset. But to fit it into the context, it has a synth intro/bridge.

But, why I always feel the sound effect is not good [i wonder the recording room's space]. The guitar is a bit too vague and set behind.

blown away is a good description - I totally agree. I just heard it for the first time and I just had to close my eyes and take it all in. It's beautiful. I have been enjoying the newer sounds of Coldplay, but YES it was great to hear something of the older style. Lovely, lovely song. I had to listen to it again and again.

Out of all the songs we got at the festivals this was the only one I skipped. Hearing it on the album absolutely astonished me, it is so so so beautiful, and atmospheric. It's one of my faves for sure. Does anyone feel the same? I feel like most people loved the live version too.

If anyone shares my opinion, what is it about the studio version that makes it (IMO) so much better?

For me it's that intro, oh and the vocals sound great.

I thought exactly the same thing. It's now one of my faves.