✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anyone else a little disappointed with Charlie Brown?

ISawSparks06

When I first heard the snippet of the studio version of Charlie Brown in the Sky Advert's, I thought it was going to quite possibly be might favorite Coldplay song of all time. I heard the studio version, I was pretty disappointed. It almost sounds better in the advert!...Or maybe I just had to high of expectations. Anyway, it's a good song, just not the epic that I thought it would be!

For me the actual studio version is much better than the sky advert version.

Nevertheless I can't get your points because a upbeat rock song like Charlie Brown works always better with a crowd because it seems like the song has more energy.

Its like Clocks live or on the studio version.

i like the studio version but i'm the same as you....i thought it was going to be massive and one of my favourites ever but i feel like it's just missing something......i don't know what though...

100,000 people singing along. That's why the VLV performances from the awards shows back then don't even touch the concert versions. I'm actually a little surprised at how well they pulled the studio version off.

When I first heard the snippet of the studio version of Charlie Brown in the Sky Advert's, I thought it was going to quite possibly be might favorite Coldplay song of all time. I heard the studio version, I was pretty disappointed. It almost sounds better in the advert!...Or maybe I just had to high of expectations. Anyway, it's a good song, just not the epic that I thought it would be!

The leak quality is shit. Maybe it'll be much better on the CD

I have to say unfortunately I agree..it didn't live up to my expectations...Chris' voice is kinda...like he was sleepy or something...meh production... So much better live...

the studio version is way too tame, vocal-wise and bass-wise, or i dont know, its just missing something i couldnt quite put my finger on. it's like Chris was sitting down while taking the vocals. or maybe its the mixing. i dunno, i prefer the live version, the iTunes live version to be exact (jump! jump! jump!)

This part is not as epic in the studio version.

Listen to that. That part would have been the best part on all of MX but on the studio version it's so weak. Why wouldn't they make it sound massive like the live version?

Yes, Im also disapointed and it's probably my own fault for listening to the live version so much.

Heres what I thought sounded better live...

The guitar at the beginning. Its really quiet on the studio version!

The way he sings some of the lines especially "I stole a key"

His vocals in general, I prefered them on the live version

Saying that, its still a great song, and probably my favourite on the album

I love the way he songs "stole the key" but what really bugs me is that it seems he´s a bit tooo early when singin (cartoon)"heart"... its not exactly in time... but maybe its because I´m used to the live-version... but all in all its a great great song... live and studio!! making the chorus NOT start epic isnt the worst idea for a change! I quite like that!

This part is not as epic in the studio version.

Listen to that. That part would have been the best part on all of MX but on the studio version it's so weak. Why wouldn't they make it sound massive like the live version?

Urrrrrrrrgh this is SO spot on. The reason is that there's no bass in the "chorus" in the studio version, which makes it sound incredibly tame at the song's climax.

On the hand, they do the "all the boys" section very loud and well. And I love the string fluorish in the end. :)