✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Impossible to listen to HLH without MX

rainman1000

Is it just me or is everyone facing the same problem? I have to play MX first and let it continue to HLH, else it is just a little abrupt ! I wonder if they will just release the both of them as a Single, else its gonna sound weird on the radio.

Yup. Same with PoC without the short instrumental at the end of UFO. ETIAW without MMIX to an extent as well.

I honestly am kind of doubting that HLH will be released as a single. I would imagine that CB and POC are probably a bit more commercially viable.

Nonetheless, if they do release it as a single, I can't see how they wouldn't combine the tracks. It definitely would be a bit abrupt to cut right into HLH.

I honestly am kind of doubting that HLH will be released as a single. I would imagine that CB and POC are probably a bit more commercially viable.

Nonetheless, if they do release it as a single, I can't see how they wouldn't combine the tracks. It definitely would be a bit abrupt to cut right into HLH.

POC is certainly single-worthy, it's their most pop-ish track ever!

I also enjoy HLH far more with MX before it. Also, as single material it doesn't suit that much, but it is great as live track! I have HLH now on my mp3 wihout MX in front of it and it starts weird like this :S, needs MX

I love MX.

That being said, why does it need to be a separate track?

Coldplay's notion of a 'concept album' is apparently as simple as starting the next song at the very end of the previous one. It's fine if you're listening to the album all the way through, but not if you want to listen to individual tracks. To me, the short instrumental passages are pretty meaningless as separate tracks and would've been better integrated as long intros instead - MX / HLH is the perfect example of this. I agree with the original poster in that it's impossible to listen to these two apart so they should've just been one track all along.

That's pretty much my only complaint about the album so far though! It's a fine collection of songs, even though I'd heard over half of them already!

To me, the short instrumental passages are pretty meaningless as separate tracks and would've been better integrated as long intros instead - MX / HLH is the perfect example of this.

Exactly, there's no reason why the instrumentals are separate from the tracks.

An example of an instrumental track that fits perfectly within the context of an album is Treefingers on Radiohead's Kid A. Do I go out of my way to listen to Treefingers? No, but it makes sense that it's a separate track within the context of the album, especially following the emotional climax of How to Disappear Completely.

I'm definitely glad they're on different tracks. If I've only got a short time to listen to a few tracks (ie a 10 minute drive or something), it's hardly ideal to have about a minute of build up.

I edited the tracks before I even listened to the album for the first time and re-tagged it all to be an 11 track album. It works for me. I can't imagine listening to HLH or DLIBYH without their intros.

I do wonder though, what the hell is wrong with doing an album entirely made up of normal length songs? VLV had all that double-track business and now MX has a bunch of intros with their own track numbers, when they would've made fine 13 and 11 track albums respectively.