✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Princess Of China, next single!

Mackplay

According to Billboard magazine, Princess Of China is the next Coldplay single and it will be officially released on October 25th.

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/coldplay-s-paradise-video-stars-globe-trotting-1005422552.story

Coldplay's just-released video for "Paradise," the second single off "Mylo Xyloto," is a pachyderm-filled romp involving a fugitive elephant on a worldwide quest to form a like-species rock band. We guess.

Let's see, it starts with "Chris Martin" busting out of a London zoo and stowing away on a flight to South Africa. There, the ambitious elephant gets himself a unicycle and rides out to find three bros already practicing some deep cuts. "Chris" takes over lead vox and following a brief rehearsal process, the pachy-band are then transformed to a packed arena where they perform for an adoring crowd.

It's unclear whether that's really Martin and his bandmates in the furry suits during the Africa scenes, but it's safe to assume that's them during the live set. And that unicycling elephant who takes his head off on a unicyle? That sure looks like Martin (see photo).

It's light, it's silly, it's cinematic and it comes the same week their intense collaboration with Rihanna, "Princess of China," was leaked on the web. That song will be released as a single on Oct. 25. "Paradise" and "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall," the album's first two singles, have sold a combined 1.14 million copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Aside from all the song releases and leaks, Coldplay will also be busy on the TV circuit. They'll appear on "The Colbert Report" on Thursday, "The Today Show" on Friday and "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Oct. 27. On Nov. 12, they'll return to "Saturday Night Live."

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a big FU to Paradise which is still climbing the charts. And for God's sake, the video was just released last night.

It's way too early for a third single. They should have waited until December.

maybe they did not anticipate how well it was received by most critics and the people in general, lol

What an odd choice. Obviously it's RADIO-friendly, but they can't promote it LIVE without her... how are they supposed to promote it on TV show performances, etc? The Oracle said that they only played it live once because they didn't like how it sounded without Rihanna. So how is this going to work? :huh:

I also just don't understand WHY they're ignoring Charlie Brown. All of the reviews are singling it out as a standout track, it sounds killer live... why aren't they making it a single?!

they are just going with the moment....PoC has a lot of buzz right now, so releasing it as a single makes sense

With Charlie Brown, they can release that in about 2-3 months time and since its amazing, it will stand out on its own and further keep the band, and album, in the spotlight

I'm getting tired of seeing how much they seem to be trying to sell more and more and stopped worrying about the music. I like PoC, I enjoy it but also think that they just picked it because it will probably give them another #1 single

Princess Of China - Single Tracklisting?

1. Princess Of China (feat. Rihanna)

2. Princess Of China

3. Great Expectations

am I the only one who sees the irony in this?

What an odd choice. Obviously it's RADIO-friendly, but they can't promote it LIVE without her... how are they supposed to promote it on TV show performances, etc? The Oracle said that they only played it live once because they didn't like how it sounded without Rihanna. So how is this going to work? :huh:

I also just don't understand WHY they're ignoring Charlie Brown. All of the reviews are singling it out as a standout track, it sounds killer live... why aren't they making it a single?!

Seconded.

I still havent recovered from the fact that they've chosed Paradise first, now they do this! And so early?

Anyways, I choose not to believe this until I see an official anoucement.:P

I'm getting tired of seeing how much they seem to be trying to sell more and more and stopped worrying about the music. I like PoC, I enjoy it but also think that they just picked it because it will probably give them another #1 single

Nah, I think it sounds like one of the best songs to put out there. It sounds original and it should do well on the Radio (not to mention RiRi's on there).

Guest howyousawtheworld

This.

It is going to be released as a single fortunately and unfortunately for some.

Get used to it because that inevitable Grammy performance of the song with Rihanna is going to happen. Sorry to say that for some of you!

This.

It is going to be released as a single fortunately and unfortunately for some.

Get used to it because that inevitable Grammy performance of the song with Rihanna is going to happen. Sorry to say that for some of you!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6YF_rYfmG0]Coldplay - Talk ( Live at 48th Grammy Awards 2006) - YouTube[/ame]

Don't worry, im sure Rihanna can top that.