✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Princess Of China, next single!

Mackplay

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting tired of seeing how much they seem to be trying to sell more and more and stopped worrying about the music. I like PoC, I enjoy it but also think that they just picked it because it will probably give them another #1 single

''another #1''

they've only ever had 1 number one, and that was a pop song. Nothing wrong with pop if it's done well and it's not cheesy.

-------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much! I'm sorry but these people who are complaining about Princess of China being a single make no sense. blah blah blah Oh Coldplay's just gotten so poppy and mainstream, blah blah blah, they're just doing this because it will do well on the charts!

No Way! Shut up.... A band trying to be successful and do well in the charts?! Shame on Coldplay... man... they really sold out... (no really, they sell out pretty much everywhere they play, so yea, I guess you could say they've "sold out")

Princess of China will be a great single and will get Coldplay some exposure in a different market where people aren't used to hearing them.

And for those of you who hate on this album for being poppy and mainstream... I'm pretty sure Coldplay, being one of the biggest bands in the world, is already pretty mainstream... hate to ruin it for you. They're not the hidden band you discovered that you're telling all your friends about it.

Good for Coldplay doing well on the charts, and good for Princess of China being the next single. Bring it on!

I think i love you :') THIS ^^

This was expected. To assure fans, I'm positive that Charlie Brown will be a single at some point. It is a standout on the album + a fan favorite live. If released, it should do well on the charts. I'm still wondering why they chose Paradise as the second single. There is nothing special to that song...

I think it's ok to have another single, maybe it's gonna be a kind of double single Paradise/PoC for autumn 2011... with viva la vida promotion, lost! and lovers in japan were also released very closed! maybe we will have a video for PoC at the end of november

my idea for the next singles is:

winter 2012 - Charlie Brown (surprised it's not yet released...)

spring 2012 - Us Against The World OR Up In Flames (as slow single)

summer 2012 - Don't Let It Break Your Heart OR Hurts Like Heaven (I really hope in a 6th single, unless they don't release an EP...)

B Side would be awesome!

But since this isn't varified by the band and it's supposed to come out tommarrow I don't know if I trust it. Besides, if the album is already out, what would be the point of releaseing it as a download only single when it is already #15 on itunes. Well, I don't know anything about that sales stuff, but hopefully we get a physical release!:D

This was expected. To assure fans, I'm positive that Charlie Brown will be a single at some point. It is a standout on the album + a fan favorite live. If released, it should do well on the charts. I'm still wondering why they chose Paradise as the second single. There is nothing special to that song...

They mentioned in an interview (can't remember where) that Paradise was the song that every other song was built around... it's weird, but they explain it best.

It would be nice if someone knew which interview I'm talking about, it's fairly recent...

If this is a single, I would really like them to include a b-side of the song without Rhianna. Even though she didn't destroy the song for me (surprise surprise), I really want PoC with just all Chris in it.

I want to see the difference.

I think it would be dumb of them NOT to release this as a single. You have one of the biggest pop singers on it. It's just crying out to be released as a single. :lol:

It will definitely help with record sales in my opinion and when awards season come around.