✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

If she's a princess and he's a king... shes his daughter? O_O

Sleep

Guys, if a King marries a Princess she can't be a Queen unless she is crowned Queen of...Coldplayland. It isn't an automatic change of ranking, she has to be crowned after the wedding.

Also, they're not a couple yet (I mean, in the song), so, she is still a Princess Of China.

(A very old one, there aren't princesses on China for a very very long time, but I'm digressing...)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, if a King marries a Princess she can't be a Queen unless she is crowned Queen of...Coldplayland. It isn't an automatic change of ranking, she has to be crowned after the wedding.

Also, they're not a couple yet (I mean, in the song), so, she is still a Princess Of China.

(A very old one, there aren't princesses on China for a very very long time, but I'm digressing...)

No, it doesn't work that way. If you are a Royal princess and your hubby becomes King, then you automatically become Queen. Like freezingcoldplay said, this doesn't work the other way around; if a prince marries a queen or a princess that becomes queen, then he'd still be a prince.

The ranking doesn't change when she becomes queen then, because a queen is formally still standing underneath a king in ranking. This is exactly why the prince husband of a queen won't become a King automatically.

In the song they used to be a couple but broke up. So I don't think you can say that they're not a couple yet in the song, so she's still a princess. Also she says she could have been a princess which means that now she's not.

Most important thing though .... the princess and king comment of her in the song is not supposed to be taken literally, say as in Royal King.

The dream of 'every' girl is... being a Princess

The dream of a boy would be... being a PRINCE? NO! Being a KING!

SOOO, while she says: "I could have been" she tells us her desire, and when she says "you could have been a king" she tells the boy's wish. Doesn't mean that they would be a Princess/King couple, it means she'd like a Princess/Prince relationship while he wants a King/Queen relationship

/Thread

SOOO, while she says: "I could have been" she tells us her desire, and when she says "you could have been a king" she tells the boy's wish. Doesn't mean that they would be a Princess/King couple, it means she'd like a Princess/Prince relationship while he wants a King/Queen relationship

/Thread

How can she have a Prince/Princess relationship with someone who wants a King/Queen relationship?

The best explanation is:

They'd be together...

She'd feel like a "Princess"...

He'd feel like a "King"...

In your story, she is a Princess.

She sings that she could have been a Princess.

at first time i heard this song, i felt it weird in the beginning because it sounded so electrico music... but when rihanna came up to the song, i felt there was a princess showing her beauty that represents the song better...

Rafael, bein' a badass like usual, shuts all of you up.

Rafael, bein' a badass like usual, shuts all of you up.
Except that what he said there was what I said already a few posts before.

and you do realise that the people are just making fun instead of really believing that this is about incest, right?

Except that what he said there was what I said already a few posts before.

and you do realise that the people are just making fun instead of really believing that this is about incest, right?

I definitely don't think the song is to be taken literally.

I do think it shows a lack of due diligence on Coldplay's part.

Yes, people of 23 and 33 having a romantically (sexually) relationship is kinda hard to believe while a 7 year old daughter having a romantically (sexually) relationship with her 33 old dad or her 5 year old brother makes much more sense. :|

The age of the singers doesn't matter since the song is not about Rihanna and Chris but about two fictive people who broke up. Or were you joking?

Yes, people of 23 and 33 having a romantically (sexually) relationship is kinda hard to believe while a 7 year old daughter having a romantically (sexually) relationship with her 33 old dad or her 5 year old brother makes much more sense. :|

The age of the singers doesn't matter since the song is not about Rihanna and Chris but about two fictive people who broke up. Or were you joking?

well like when they were older.....i mean when moses and apple were in their 20's......yeah they are little kids.....but oh well i guess i was trying to get a point across and it came out wrong..

What is your point that Moses was designed because Chris wrote a song about Moses, and he said I want a baby alone. He called Moses many years before :thinking:

So no sense the song just the arts and everyone can interpret the songs of fictions. have even ufo song too .

What is your point that Moses was designed because Chris wrote a song about Moses, and he said I want a baby alone. He called Moses many years before :thinking:

So no sense the song just the arts and everyone can interpret the songs of fictions. have even ufo song too .

No, I don't think that's what chrismartin_ meant.

She didn't talk about the song Moses nor about why Chris got a baby. I think she just wanted to suggest that the lyrics to the song Princess of China might have been written while he was thinking of his children. She also said that this was the way she thought about it, so that's even what you are saying yourself 'interpret the songs of fictions'. She just gave her interpretation of a song that we don't really know what it's about. :)