✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Does anyone else regret hearing all the new songs live?

I know I do. It'd be okay if I had just one or two.....but I have to say, I ALWAYS prefer live versions and it gave me unrealistic expectations over the studio versions. I love MX as a whole, but there are so many things from live shows that I was hoping to hear...the only one I wasn't "disappointed" by was MX/HLH and the new tracks that we hadn't heard.

There are a lot of specific things, actually:

-Charlie Brown - bass/loudness/passion in the "light a fire" section live is not on album

-UATW - not enough Will on the studio version (tradeoff for the neat intro though :))

-Major Minus: not enough Jonny

-POC: I just expected something else based on Rock Im Park.

That said, there were still nice surprises. The tracks we hadn't heard were brilliant. And listening to Paradise and MTM on album before live makes me appreciate that track a lot more somehow.

I know what you guys mean. Agreed, tho the ending / 'all the boys, all the girls' parts on Charlie Brown are WAY more epic on the studio version than live. I think they just sorta swapped the emphasis so it was 'light a fire...' that was epic moment live, while the energy appears a little later on in the studio version.

Yes, because MX/HLH, CB and UAtW (in that order) are all really disappointing for me compared to the live versions. The other way around I would have been very nicely surprised by the live counterparts.

MM is much better in the studio but I already knew from the live version that it would never be a favourite.

I avoided PoC so was nicely blown away. UiF too, but it's in the 'MM' category for me :(

Yes and no really... Yes, because they almost always sound better live. No, because I can't wait to hear anything new from my favorite bands. Yes, because live performances are always better in person. No, because they were damn good. Yes, because the album was short and there were so few full songs left. However, I took that all into account when I listened to the album proper. Knowing all along that I had a choice not to listen... If they do this again on LP6, I will think long and hard about listening to anything before the album drops. It's still a fun album and I like it a lot!

I've been thinking about this. In retrospect, I think I would rather have the album first...then go to a concert, then have live versions.

I'm a big fan of live music, and CP is def a live band in my opinion. I'm not really "disappointed" with the album versions, but there was perhaps more of a lofty expectation that no album can provide in comparison to the live versions.

I've been thinking about this. In retrospect, I think I would rather have the album first...then go to a concert, then have live versions.

I'm a big fan of live music, and CP is def a live band in my opinion. I'm not really "disappointed" with the album versions, but there was perhaps more of a lofty expectation that no album can provide in comparison to the live versions.

Spot on for me!

Since I grew to love Parachutes and A Rush and then saw them for the first time they just blew me away - the difference between the CD and the live show. Since then I've mainly listened to the albums just to get to know them enough for the live shows to really hit home (you need to know the songs!)

I think this album has just confirmed it more than ever - Coldplay are a live band.

I wouldn't have listened to the live tracks but I went to their concert so it was unavoidable. This I DEFINITELY do not regret I just wish they didn't play the new songs before I heard the studio album.

Honestly I like all the studio versions more except for Hurts Like Heaven. I hate how spacey the vocals are on "so cold/so cold"

Yeh, I completely understand what you mean. Out of the 14 tracks on the album, I had already heard 9 and there was only MMIX, UFO, AHT, DLIBYH and UWTB. Although, because we were all excited, I suppose none of us could resist the temptation to listen to them live. Oh well, didn't alter the quality of the album.

I avoided all live versions of new songs, so when I bought MX it was basically the first time I had heard most of the songs. I still found it disappointing, so I don't think it really matters what order you hear new music (live then album or album then live), if you don't like it you won't like it no matter what.

Yes and no.... No, because i've seen them several times in the last few months and it was kinda awesome to hear new songs live even before the album was out. Yes, because the studio versions cannot even compare to the live versions of the songs, although Charlie Brown comes close...

Yes. Next time, I'm going to heard new songs once or not at all. It ruined the surprise for me.

That's why I prefer the second half of the album better than the first. Mostly because I've heard the first half so many times, it's been there and done that. When I first played the album, I was itching to skip through all the live songs so I can get to those I haven't heard yet. Didn't though as I forced to keep my hands to myself.

Next time would be a big no-no!

No, I don´t regret that because they´re amazing in their live performances and in every gig they do amazing stuff but when I heard the studio version of the songs I was a little disappointed of some songs like Hurts Like Heaven or Major Minus. I want to think if they were released the album first everybody would thought "this album is crap, these songs are the worst a ever heard" but then we´ll change our minds when we hear them in the festivals.