✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Petition for a fan concert of the complete Mylo Xyloto

bdevil89

Hey - listened to the earlier Norwich show which sounded amazing - thx Dan and Rik - well one of the things that came up was the setlist and how they don't change it up often secondary to set design, lighting, etc. It got me thinking about hearing the complete Mylo Xyloto.

Well I attended a Weezer concert last year where they played the entire Blue Album after playing a hit from each successive album they've released - it was amazing hearing the whole album played in succession even though it may have not been a concept album initially.

Mylo Xyloto is a great album with an underlying story - it would be really great to hear it played completely live much like the Wall or other concept albums through out history. Just finished listening to it for an unknownth time, and it really has such varied soundscapes w/ different emotions. It would be amazing to have it offered after a year of touring, perhaps they could do it for the coldplaying community or have limited engagements of fans of the album with other hits played before it to flesh out the concert, much like Weezer did.

Hopefully Phil or whoever else involved with the band read this, and really think about it, It would be amazing - Can you imagine the transition from AHT to DLIBYH to UWTB especially with diehard fans? - it would be mind-blowing. They could even have appropriate props/graphics/video (e.g. running man, perhaps expand on that idea) - it could use dark lights all around the arena (much like what they do in ETIAW video) - man, the ideas are limitless. It would be massive.

Anyway, let's start a petition, and see how much interest there is - from all levels of fandom - I'm sure we can come up with some great ideas for the band to use to really make it an experience - even make a dvd and cd out of it (win-win for everyone involved). Hopefully, Phil reads this and gets the boys to start thinking about it. And if it's limited concerts, maybe get Rhianna to come along (that might be less feasible though).

About to listen to the album again - and MX needs a brother song that expands that idea into a full length song - that chord progression and melody is like heaven.

The difference from Weezer is that Blue Album/Pinkerton were classic albums at the beginning of their career that they didn't play much from anymore in spite of being fan favorites. Weezer also had been facing critical ire for pretty much every album of theirs in the last decade, and many fans had begged them to revisit their roots. So things like this are usually reserved for nostalgia tours.

Since MX has just released, something like that is not necessary, especially since songs that haven't yet been played live from it like UWTB or DLIBYH will likely be debuted live shortly in the future (probably once they can afford longer setlists when they stop the festivals and start the arenas/stadiums). And even then, playing the album in sequence from beginning to end probably won't happen.

When they're washed up in wheelchairs 30 years from now, then we can talk. :P

The difference from Weezer is that Blue Album/Pinkerton were classic albums at the beginning of their career that they didn't play much from anymore in spite of being fan favorites. Weezer also had been facing critical ire for pretty much every album of theirs in the last decade, and many fans had begged them to revisit their roots. So things like this are usually reserved for nostalgia tours.

Since MX has just released, something like that is not necessary, especially since songs that haven't yet been played live from it like UWTB or DLIBYH will likely be debuted live shortly in the future (probably once they can afford longer setlists when they stop the festivals and start the arenas/stadiums). And even then, playing the album in sequence from beginning to end probably won't happen.

When they're washed up in wheelchairs 30 years from now, then we can talk. :P

I went to see The Flaming Lips play The Soft Bulletin, and that wasn't necessarily a 'fan favorite' and a 'classic album'.

I'd love to see a sort of concept show for Mylo Xyloto :D

Yeah - it's not unheard of - i see a lot of bands do that - They play their complete albums on successive nights, I think My Morning Jacket may have done that last year. I hope Coldplay are not above doing something like that - the album is great, and they're very much about the album being heard in its entirety and in succession (e.g. not allowing streaming sites to have the album) -

Corkus - it's not about longer setlists - it's about the continuity of the songs - and i did say after they do their proper international tour with their set in stone setlists - it could be near the end of the tour - This album deserves to be heard in its original conception - it's a wild ride, and I would love to see it live the way they intended, rather than jukebox style. I really wish they could be more free form in their setlist, and their playing - it's like they're just a well-oiled machine - it's too slick. Love the older concerts where they seemingly improvised or Jonny did a guitar slide/wall of sound.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities - it would sell for sure, and if they like the album enough to do it, then I don't see why they can't after the majority of the tour.

If nothing else it would be nice if they did a one-off concert (televised or streamed). I think they came close to performing all of X&Y for MTV (I think it was called Live Leak), although they didn't play every song. Maybe they could do something like that for MX.

It wouldn't really feel right if they played all of MX in order this early after release, this is the type of thing is what bands tend to do later in their careers. And even then, they should play AROBTTH rather than MX. Yes, it isn't a concept album but honestly neither is MX. Hopefully they'll come to their senses and realise that if they have a masterpiece album, then it's A Rush of Blood to the Head.

Ending the concert with Amsterdam would be pure sex.

Later in the career is great, but they can still do it for this tour era - it's a concept album, it has a story - Rush of Blood to the head doesn't really have a story to it, it's a bunch of songs about existential/love/break up songs - Mylo Xyloto - has within its lyrics actual storylines (HLH, Paradise, CB, UATW, ETIAW, MM, UFO/POC/UIF/DLIBYH/UWTB as well more to the romance part that is)

This concert could be done in the next two years, near the end of their touring for the fans or limited engagements, it would be great to listen to it the way it was intended especially live and with props/effects/etc geared to their songs. It would be massive.

• 1 month later...

I really love this idea. Actually thought of this a while back. MX isn't an album you listen on shuffle mode, you listen to it as a whole. Make it an exclusive concert for the real fans in an imitate setting. How amazing would that be.

MX is, in a way, their first proper concept album.

Although all of their albums (especially X&Y and VLV) had a certain story.

Wouldn't mind hearing it live in it's entirety, but 5 songs are enough for me. HLH/P/CB/MM/ETIAW.

This is never gonna happen (on the tour), but they could do a special show and play the entire album. :)

I would like a live movie, since this concert would probally be in london and I wouldn't be able to go.

I've seen a special where they've played the entire Viva and one where they played the entire X&Y, so I think it would be awesome if they did that! Also, while I'm makingt wishes, I want scrapped scenes from the MX movie to be playing in the background while they play the songs. That would be awesome!:D