✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is your religion?

Telepian

I was raised catholic : baptised, two communions. Among the children in my family, I'm the only one who believes in God.

Our former pope was great, but I think Benoit XVI is too conservative.

Now that I can "think" more on my own (sorry I don't know how to put that :D ), I don't agree with of all the messages of the Church.

Plus, the other day, I read something that really disturbed me. I'd like to ask to the ones who are familiar with the Bible hear : is it true that Jesus said "you're either with me or against me" ? Because if it's written in the Bible from someone of the positive side, then I don't agree with it at all anymore. (it actually made me think of this Star wars scene when Anakin (Hayden Christensen :dazzled: ) says that, and you know he's just about to become Darth Vador, and to me it was a reference to dictators, not the Bible! I knew there was a reference to the Bible in that movie, but I never realized it was this one!)

To me, God is all about love, and should be. Humans got it all wrong with crusades, wars and the whole package, because they forgot that it's the first message of all. And now, it's sooo complicated to follow that message in your life. I can't seem to really follow it, and I'm not evil. I believe the Church should be a bit more comprehensive towards people and change, focus on LOVE, and celebrate (& help protect) the world God created.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agnostic

Lory you shouldn't feel bad. Christianity doesn't make sense at it's core. The only thing you can't be forgiven for is not believing. The true purpose of it isn't to provide guiding morals as everyone says, it's just to control you. Why else is it okay for a man to kill and steal and be saved if he believes in God, yet another man who could be the most kind and generous in the world is banished to Hell for not believing? A truly benevolent God wouldn't send his children to such a place and encourage belief in him as the 'utmost moral'. And honestly that kind of a fear tactic is no better than what Hitler used. "Believe in and follow me and you live. You can do all the bad things you want. The only thing you have to do is pledge allegiance to me." I mean really- to those who put you down I say...rationally! Such a new concept. Would you use a 2,000 year old book on horse-drawn vehicles to fix your car? Of course not. Things from then don't translate to now. Just saying. And people didn't exactly have ipods and laptops to entertain themselves with all day. What do you think they did? Maybe wrote a lot? Created some intricate stories in their head? Perhaps all that free time is where the Bible came from...

I am woman who is lost in life praying to give me answers in my life, I can be sad because in my life no love in my real life and I pray always to find love one day. but praying only God (because I have always said the name of your son Jesus because dead in cross ) and in my city have procession of women in black crying for Jesus :

http://www.fribourgregion.ch/en/news.cfm?category=&subcat=&id=319532

So

there are days when it's going so badly that find messages in the street, thrown by the peoples.

you know I've never seen the Bible to be a dictature, but I think it's horrible when it is a dictatorship in the name of men, not God. who would believe in God with a message of this on paper and not give hope to people because the religions is just the people created .

in the paper , just this message tells me LOST. ( is in french for me ) and said believe in Jesus Christ is alive. You will receive in your life? there are two that way of life or that of hell.

What is life? What is hell?

life is all that makes you happy and love, and the hell is all that makes unhappy and does not love.

love = joy love, life, ecstasy, heaven. hell = is all that is against love and life.

Jesus Christ has always been the image by the peoples of a man with some femininity quiet with a heart with thorns and a fire inside .

dsc01835n.jpg

dsc01837u.jpg

Guest howyousawtheworld

I believe in God on my own terms. I don't conform to a certain religion. I believe in something, something which religion or science doesn't explain.

I think we all need a sense of belonging, of basic rules that direct us within the framework of our human societies to a more cohesive and harmonious existence, especially as we are growing up. We become more together than we can apart.

But the absolutism is not good, when one tries to divide everything as either red or blue, many colors are missed along the way. If you try and say absolutely 'this is it', it may galvanize a group of believers, but then produces a sort of tunnel vision within the group, which can lead to the denouncing and attempted destruction of anyone who is not of that exact faith, and limit our deeper understanding of the universe we are in.

So belief must be tempered with tolerance and the understanding that we are all not so different from one-another, and we all hold certain universal truths.