✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is your religion?

Telepian

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. I just thought I'd ask because people group them all the time, which annoys me because they're not the same.

Basically, atheists don't believe in deities (or at least there is an absence of such a belief), while agnostics think the presence of a deity can't be proven or disproven (and is, therefore, unknown).

I am agnostic I am a person who search

I was born Catholic. My mother's family is very Catholic from grandmother so much that it has called as name "crucified" but it is a name given to girls from generation to generation. and my mother supports, every day she hates the name, prefer called Christina . yes horrible fanatic of religion catholic in my family .

but for me I am not Christian because refer religion Catholic = Christianity. started just after Jesus died (a bit like the end of Christianity and not beginning because put many new religions by the people ) and I think it was part of the line of David , Solomon so maybe it was a king Jesus. anyone can say is he wants and do their religions. through the Bible. but for example some apothres anti feminist and alcoholics. and the bible the story of life advice on life . My believe .

so but religions should be staff free no Influencing people, like priests, pastors or rabbis etc and the religions called dictact because is the war always in the history, because anyone have the answer in the name of God.

I want to believe that there is a God as a force-strong for good and love = God a father of good is something like this for me .

Ive been brought up christian. i believe in god and all that and heaven, but i also believe everything happens for a reason. and everything is pre-destined. i also sorta believe we are our own gods and that the test of life is following our own morals and living up to what we think is right.

I'll be an agnostic atheist just to annoy violet weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :awesome:

Well I actually am though, I don't believe in a deity personally but open to the idea of the existence of deities, but its unknowable and therefore irrelevant. But yes violet is right about the term 'agnostic/atheist' you have to be either one of those, agnostic atheist or agnostic theist.

But yeah you can see why they get lumped together just from that last sentence. lul

You guys understand there's a difference between atheism and agnosticism, right?
Thanks for bringing that up. That's why I said agnosticism or atheism and religions.

Some religious people are so ignorant when it comes to other religions or other views of life.

I was baffled last summer when a friend of mine who I invited over for dinner started talking about a guy who was a horrible person according to her. He was rude, without any moral, selfish, just a complete ass all together. Then she finish-up with saying: "basically he was one of these 'atheists', you know, atheists are without empathy, morals, and anti-social. The worst kind of people to walk the earth."

Me and the others just sat there flabbergasted. I knew the one sitting beside me used to be a Muslim but was now like me an atheist leaning towards agnosticism. And she knew I was kind of the same. So after a painful silence I felt I had to say:"Atheists is just a word to describe people who don't believe in God. That's all."

She turned out to really not know what atheism stood for and thought of them as psychopaths. Thank you whoever priest that has been preaching that to her! :angry: