✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is your religion?

Telepian

has great songs your religion Elevation Church :)

on youtube :

"Kingdom Come" by Elevation Worship - YouTube

I want to know why you put the word church inside Elevation Church ?

and you think the church is the religions is not important for God and Jesus ?

I never read the bible I just do not interest me sorry :\

but someone could tell me what it means to "the church" in the Bible, I'm not sure is in Corinthiens, Apocalypse ?

is just questions

well, Elevation is not "my religion". Elevation Church is a congregation, a group of people coming together with a purpose: "So that people far from God will be filled with life in Christ" that's our goal. It's a church, like other groups of people that come together to find others that share their belifs. Church is not about (or shouldn't be anyways) about "MY CHURCH, MY RELIGION" what a church should really be is a group of believers that come together in one place. no church is "THE CHURCH" the place is NOT what's important but the group of people that come together for the sole purpose of Worship & the need to understands Gods word, before there even where churches (buildings) or denominations, Christs believers met in homes because where one or more people come together in His name then there is a church. I hope I made myself clear..

anyways :nice: YES! :surprised: I loooove their songs. Those guys really know how to Worship & get all of us pumped up! they really move us, when I look up on the stage every Sunday I see them just making such a difference in our lives with great music & all of their songs they put them in CDs so we can enjoy at home too :nice: Chris, the lead singer in the videos you posted is my favorite! he has an awesome voice

I love this one the most:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmRSyVrimL0]"All Creatures Of Our God And King" - ELEVATION WORSHIP - YouTube[/ame]

Kingdom Come is my second favorite because they quote the Our Father ♥

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg Lory once again I am completely lost in trying to grab what you are trying to say here. Are you asking why she talks about church? Maybe, because she means church :confused: She was just saying that she is part of Elevation Church. And what is that second question about? Are you asking if she thinks that the church is more important than religion or God?

You haven't read the bible but are asking where it mentiones 'church'?:inquisitive: The idea of a church is that people with the same believe/religion can gather. A church is not the same as a religion. Why would you want to see 'church' being mentioned in the bible? A quote coming close to referring church might be:

Hebrews 10:25

"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."

According to the Bible Jesus went to church as well (synagoge in this case :uhoh:)

Yeah, so as I thought. They probably meant assertive. Having the heart in the right place and stand for what you believe in :smug: I like it that they do services in not dull places in not dull ways. Their approach seems to work, they are one of the fastest growing churches and they got a lot of young people in there.

the Bible no understand me either. is why I ask querstions.

everyone put interpretations of the Bible in the world, that is why there are so many religions in the world and so many people in their belief and gated community. Religions should be a whole accessible to all it means love and less the laws by religions through people speak in ther name of God.

So yes in this time synagoge but church not really put as building not existe in the Bible. or so it says that the church is a consept as to put Jesus is the husband of church it joined the first law "Love" .

http://www.gospeltruth.net/1837LTPC/ltpc14_christ_husbandofchu.htm

well, Elevation is not "my religion". Elevation Church is a congregation, a group of people coming together with a purpose: "So that people far from God will be filled with life in Christ" that's our goal. It's a church, like other groups of people that come together to find others that share their belifs. Church is not about (or shouldn't be anyways) about "MY CHURCH, MY RELIGION" what a church should really be is a group of believers that come together in one place. no church is "THE CHURCH" the place is NOT what's important but the group of people that come together for the sole purpose of Worship & the need to understands Gods word, before there even where churches (buildings) or denominations, Christs believers met in homes because where one or more people come together in His name then there is a church. I hope I made myself clear..

anyways :nice: YES! :surprised: I loooove their songs. Those guys really know how to Worship & get all of us pumped up! they really move us, when I look up on the stage every Sunday I see them just making such a difference in our lives with great music & all of their songs they put them in CDs so we can enjoy at home too :nice: Chris, the lead singer in the videos you posted is my favorite! he has an awesome voice

I love this one the most:

Kingdom Come is my second favorite because they quote the Our Father ♥

it's great that young people sing for Jesus and God. they believe in the positive. it's cool ;-)

me for example I'm banned because I have no religion. a pastor told me that if I do not choose a religion I'm not accepted by God and therefore I am pagan and any religion and be a person who refuse all the commandments of God and not good person .

but if I know that the first commandment is to "love your neighbor as yourself am" I guess the people who practice religions make the law instead of God who should be not loved by God in the the name of God. it's terrible. just because just because I chose no religion :(

I wonder the people we know sing talking about the Bible or more speak to God because it is personal to them but many are not in the religions to believe in religions or anothers. they are banished by the people who practice religions who preach the religions because it did not really chosen religions ?

we are on Coldplay and example Chris Martin said :

In a 2005 Rolling Stone magazine interview, Martin said of his religious views: "I definitely believe in God. How can you look at anything and not be overwhelmed by the miraculousness of it?"[35] In the same interview he spoke of going through a period of spiritual confusion, stating "I went through a weird patch, starting when I was about sixteen to twenty-two, of getting God, religion, superstition, judgement all confused".[35] However, in a 2008 interview he stated:

"I'm always trying to work out what 'He' or 'She' is. I don't know if it's Allah or Jesus or Mohammed or Zeus. But I'd go for Zeus."[36]

Following the said interview, he released a text message declaring himself an "Alltheist", a word of his invention meaning that he believes in "everything".[36]

I think the high run of religions, priests, pastors, rabbis religions have denied Chris Martin because he did not choose a religion. and is a kind of atheist/christian/pagan

just the example of songs by singers and the bands:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llsw21BVvfU&feature=related]Coldplay-Moses alternative video - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZFCeiVEEcc]coldplay - til kingdom come (acoustic session) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clq01TXQR0s]Johnny Cash Hurt - YouTube[/ame]

but this song is : "[i felt like] I just lost my girlfriend, because that song isn't mine anymore.."

-Trent Reznor

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fu3n6md-IY&feature=related]Johnny Cash - Jesus - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT2eJ0ddNYg&feature=related]Pet Shop Boys - The Sodom and Gomorrah Show (Album Version) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvSc7RLfUpA]Pet Shop Boys - The Resurrectionist - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftjEcrrf7r0&ob=av2e]U2 - One - Anton Corbjin Version - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGAUTC3UP40]U2 - Yahweh - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD_0fqvT32g]U2 (Feat. Green Day) - The Saints are Coming - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIv33F7KoPM]Morten Harket - Heaven's Not For Saints (@ Eurovision 1996) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v99KaA03VRA]Morten Harket "Lord" - YouTube[/ame]

I asked to a pastor if certains songs spoke well of Bible of Jesus and God. he said no it's personal interpretations of the songs but that does not mean the Bible and biblical teaching and even the songs from part of devil because notation sexual is evil .

practice the war in the name of God and religion is more important and more true ?

so I concluded that people who practice the biblical teaching only likes the book bible believe in a book only, the story and are not interested in people listening to the lessons.

I do not know when I go to a community, it's like listening to the empty feeling no love about God or even Jesus. telling old stories about the protagonist is dead for thousands years

I wonder the people we know sing talking about the Bible or more speak to God because it is personal to them but many are not in the religions to believe in religions or anothers. they are banished by the people who practice religions who preach the religions because it did not really chosen religions ?

I asked to a pastor if certains songs spoke well of Bible of Jesus and God. he said no it's personal interpretations of the songs but that does not mean the Bible and biblical teaching and even the songs from part of devil because notation sexual is evil .

practice the war in the name of God and religion is more important and more true ?

so I concluded that people who practice the biblical teaching only likes the book bible believe in a book only, the story and are not interested in people listening to the lessons.

I do not know when I go to a community, it's like listening to the empty feeling no love about God or even Jesus. telling old stories about the protagonist is dead for thousands years

the thing is tho.. it's not about them or me or us. it shouldn't be, if they think it is then the whole experience of what we've been thought is wasted on us, the problem in my eyes with denominations & different interpretations of the bible are that not only it divides us but it makes us believe that what we as individuals think is the right way is the way to go & that we focus on that instead of trying to think of others & see what they have to say & what it is that they are struggling with. In the last few months I've been trying to focus my attention in the letters Paul wrote & what they mean & how I should apply them to my life in order to be an example to others not in order to make it about me & my salvation, I've been a Catholic all my life & for the first time in all the years I had knowledge of "religion", only now I see what the bible means & how the pictures is much bigger than just me. it completely blew my mind that in all the years that I considered myself a follower of Christ I didn't have the slighted idea what being a Christian meant ( & by Christian I mean a follower of Christ, not a Methodist.. nor a Catholic not a Baptist but all of those put together as one church ) I didn't understand why I was praying, I thought I did it.. "oh it's what the priest told us at mass" "oh well I need to pray because that's what God says" only now I've realized that it was more than all that, I put my attention on the rules that were laid out in front of me following mindlessly because I was told to do so & that somehow it was for my own good. Now even if I'm still growing in my faith I feel a big weight lifted off because I chose on my own to follow Christ not because others told me so but because it's easy for me to understand what the bible means & why God gave us these teachings. I don't mean to say that to be a good person you have to be a Christian, what I'm saying is that from my own experience in life & all that I have struggled with (addictions to a number of things, pregnancy due to abuse & also neglect on my behalf) I tried numerous ways to get rid of all the problems & simply being a good person didn't cut it for me, I truly believe there is a God that cares for me as much as anyone else & that's why I don't make it about myself, I have my selfish moments as anyone else but I try to persevere in my focus & going to church has helped me be in the right path. I don't see how all that has happened is just a big coincidence & I ended up where I'm now, in the time & place surrounded my the ones that care for me because it just happened, I don't know how all this could just happen, I've experiences personally the love of God & that's why I have faith that He exists & watches over me, I've seen lives changed because of the love that a changed person can give & how unselfish & easy it is for them to be there for others. There are countless people that use Christianity to do completely unforgivable things & if that is what they chose then let them be but if they really came to know what the bible says & why Jesus came to die for us they wouldn't do the things they do, they wouldn't say the things they say. I know it's a matter of faith (

- note that the end it says: DO YOU BELIEVE THIS? ) I can't give you proof that God exists or that Jesus came to save us. I can't, it's up to you to be the person you want to be, I won't judge you or avoid you because you don't share my beliefs but if there is others that go to their so called church & then act like a complete hypocrite & do what benefits themselves because they have a self given right to interpret the bible as they like, that's their mistake. I'm no philosopher but if you ask me, Jesus teachings are pretty black & white. If you believe in Christ & in Heaven & Hell you wouldn't think that someone like Johnny Cash knows the first thing about Jesus because He sang about him in his song, if you say praise the lord or write a pretty little song about God or Jesus then you go & use the lyrics wrote by a satanist in another one of your songs, ( like Johnny Cash has done ) how does that make sense? where is the logic in that?

I'm sorry I didn't really understand your reply completely but I hope I made myself a little bit more clear in all this. I love the church I attend because I don't feel pressured to be what I'm not.. I'm not thrown out because I'm different or I believe something else, I'm actually encourage to go to further more understand it. When I was still Catholic & my husband was going to Elevation, many people there knew I came from a different perspective but I wasn't judged once & that's what made me want to go back. believe me, before I chose Elevation even if it was the church my husband attended I tried several different places & in all I felt judged & even if they told me I was welcome I didn't see how pointing fingers at others during their preaching was going to help them being Godly people, it all felt like it was more about pride than anything else. Not all places are like that, I'm sure there are countless churches like Elevation but in my city I feel like it's where now in this point of my life I'm supposed to be.

I really enjoy their videos,

I find them very creative -

http://vimeo.com/14728653

http://vimeo.com/14394638

I think everyone interprets the Bible in its own way ;)

I think another way but because I'm atheist christian, but too agnostic because I saw something strange and weird in my life.

and that the lawyers of the Bible that dictate the rules and speaking on behalf of Jesus and God.

I will never return in a community because it is a dictatorship. that's what I felt. :(

for my own good. just need to be well with God because it's just a mystical power called love. call God the father is normal because that's the one who gives life to human beings.

example, in the name of the father and son = father gives life to the son, the holy spirit is love cycle its called life. and everyone can see it in real life.

I am an atheist because I do not believe that Jesus died for us, but it is the Jews who condemned Jesus. and that the curse is something that turns against the Jews for generations) they deny the teaching that Jesus wanted to give that is love. this LOVE that is invisible God through Joseph & Marie marriage

because the first golden rule is love, the family the friends.

I am a believer because I believe in Jesus, but just because he died because of the Jews. he ressurection I do not know. but God never killed his son. it's the opposite of what the Bible teaches.

I do not believe that people are satanic, because they are depressed. and they express things they really are a one time in life.

sure but maybe have decried as evil people do evil around and then they are satanic. is a term decries evil free.

the apostles were human beings with feelings, some traitor and other alcoholic.

example Paul to change the status of women in religion and Jesus the women were an integral part in religion. So there is a differance between the first and second testaments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_the_Apostle

Paul and his teaching of love comes from nothing but is all :

Various aspects of Paul's teaching was widely criticized. Nietzsche points out, to protest the valuation of what he calls the decline to be attributed to Christianity, has a word of Paul in 1 Cor 1, 28, "" God chose what is weak to the world, which is foolish before the world, which is ignoble and despised ": this was the formula in hoc signo the decadence triumphed. "(The Antichrist, LI). Here are the relevant verses:

"But what the world is for foolish, that's what God chose to confound the wise, and what the world is for nothing, that's what God chose to confound the strong, and God has chosen this that the world is without consideration and without power, which is nothing, to reduce to nothing that is, that no flesh should boast before God. "(1 Corinthians 27-29, Canon Crampon translat)

bah so complicat the bible

and for my part I still reread the Song of Songs and 10 commandments only and I will remember this in the Bible for the belief in love family friends because it's why the Bible exists.

but that's just my personal beliefs.

Agnostic

Lory you shouldn't feel bad. Christianity doesn't make sense at it's core. The only thing you can't be forgiven for is not believing. The true purpose of it isn't to provide guiding morals as everyone says, it's just to control you. Why else is it okay for a man to kill and steal and be saved if he believes in God, yet another man who could be the most kind and generous in the world is banished to Hell for not believing? A truly benevolent God wouldn't send his children to such a place and encourage belief in him as the 'utmost moral'. And honestly that kind of a fear tactic is no better than what Hitler used. "Believe in and follow me and you live. You can do all the bad things you want. The only thing you have to do is pledge allegiance to me." I mean really- to those who put you down I say...rationally! Such a new concept. Would you use a 2,000 year old book on horse-drawn vehicles to fix your car? Of course not. Things from then don't translate to now. Just saying. And people didn't exactly have ipods and laptops to entertain themselves with all day. What do you think they did? Maybe wrote a lot? Created some intricate stories in their head? Perhaps all that free time is where the Bible came from...

Agnostic

Lory you shouldn't feel bad. Christianity doesn't make sense at it's core. The only thing you can't be forgiven for is not believing. The true purpose of it isn't to provide guiding morals as everyone says, it's just to control you. Why else is it okay for a man to kill and steal and be saved if he believes in God, yet another man who could be the most kind and generous in the world is banished to Hell for not believing? A truly benevolent God wouldn't send his children to such a place and encourage belief in him as the 'utmost moral'. And honestly that kind of a fear tactic is no better than what Hitler used. "Believe in and follow me and you live. You can do all the bad things you want. The only thing you have to do is pledge allegiance to me." I mean really- to those who put you down I say...rationally! Such a new concept. Would you use a 2,000 year old book on horse-drawn vehicles to fix your car? Of course not. Things from then don't translate to now. Just saying. And people didn't exactly have ipods and laptops to entertain themselves with all day. What do you think they did? Maybe wrote a lot? Created some intricate stories in their head? Perhaps all that free time is where the Bible came from...

Sorry but I totally disagree with you. I'm catholic and I go to the church every Sunday and I never thought in that way. I have lots of friends who are atheists and I never seen them as idiots or whatever just because they don't believe in God. I think that everyone should believe in whatever he/she wants and that being atheist is not a sin at all. What I see as a true seen is that some people call themselves "christian" and then they don't give a jack about what a true christian should do and do all kinds of bad things.

And yeah, it's true that if you, for exaple, kill someone you can still be "forgiven" with confession but only if you really realize that the things you've done are bad and unfair (and lots of people don't, sadly)

Sorry but I totally disagree with you. I'm catholic and I go to the church every Sunday and I never thought in that way. I have lots of friends who are atheists and I never seen them as idiots or whatever just because they don't believe in God. I think that everyone should believe in whatever he/she wants and that being atheist is not a sin at all. What I see as a true seen is that some people call themselves "christian" and then they don't give a jack about what a true christian should do and do all kinds of bad things.

And yeah, it's true that if you, for exaple, kill someone you can still be "forgiven" with confession but only if you really realize that the things you've done are bad and unfair (and lots of people don't, sadly)

Didn't say idiots sir. Where do you see that phrase in thre? People can believe in things whether or not they make "logical sense." Love doesn't make logical sense but people still feel it all the time. I'm trying to make someone feel better. And so is my point then.

Didn't say idiots sir. Where do you see that phrase in thre? People can believe in things whether or not they make "logical sense." Love doesn't make logical sense but people still feel it all the time. I'm trying to make someone feel better. And so is my point then.

I was just saying that I disagree with the first line of your post, because I'm christian and I'm not like that.

Anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding, my english is awful and I have some difficulties talking deep things not in my tongue :)

I believe it's all like an interconnected web; vibrate a string and something happens elsewhere in the web. What we do sets up a series of vibrations that ripple and may set off others to amplify or reflect the same vibration, or respond in a certain fashion, and this affects the whole of our human web, of society. For we are interconnected, though separate at times, nonetheless come back to that connection with what we have gained.

So send out good vibrations, vibrations that improve humanity and humanity's understanding! For in doing so, we all make a wonderful sound that rises higher and higher to the heavens and beyond.

The love you take is equal to the love you make. The message in a bottle comes back to you a thousand fold.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Now theres going to be a discussion about religion, to christians, catholic, athiests, agnostics, jewish, buddist etc.. just answer the question, no need to call christians dumb and ignorant and no need to call athiest total sinners. You´re just giving your religion a bad name.

Now theres going to be a discussion about religion, to christians, catholic, athiests, agnostics, jewish, buddist etc.. just answer the question, no need to call christians dumb and ignorant and no need to call athiest total sinners. You´re just giving your religion a bad name.

I really doubt that atheists or agnostics care about giving their religion a bad name.

I'm nothing religion wise. I don't need a label.

I believe in God. If you think about how vast the universe is and how beautiful life can be, and how small we are in the scheme of everything...And think about all of the unexplained things in life..How can you not?

But that's just me.

I was raised catholic. I was baptised, confirmed and did my first comunion. Confirmation however, used to be diferent when I was a kid, it was more like a second baptism as it didn't seem necesary for the child to have any input on it. Therefore I received my confirmation when I was a baby. When I did my first comunion it was primarily to please my mom, as I was starting to find dificult to believe a lot of what was taught in church and/or I just didn't agree with a lot of it. That feeling kept getting strong to the point where I am now, as a non religious, non believer person. I have nothing against religion or people in it, I just realized it just isn't for me :shrug:

I really doubt that atheists or agnostics care about giving their religion a bad name.

I forgot it wasn´t a religion, well their society. I feel as if they´re choking me and making me feel dumb for believing in a ¨invisible man with a long beard¨ and the highly religious people calling me a sinner.

I´ll agree with rainplay and not label it.

^ I think atheism makes sense.

I think atheists themselves, though, are assholes.

My thing is I believe in God, but I have lost faith in the Christian church. It does nothing but institutionalize hate and bigotry. And if God is about that, consider me atheist.

I was raised in a Christian family and I'm in a catholic school, I was baptised, and did my first comunion. But now I don't believe in God (even if I did for a long time when I was younger), so now I consider myself as an atheist.

Atheist in general describe religious people as "stupid" that's why I guess most of the time they seem annoying, or they pretend to know a lot of things and that others are just too dumb to understand anything... But the thing is, not all of them are like that.