✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

An EP to follow MX?

Martin04

^ LOL :lol:

Maybe they won't release an EP, but if they don't take out a few b-sides I'll really get angry! :angry:

... Well, maybe not, but I'd love to listen to them, even if some songs didn't fit the record it doesn't mean they're awful, especially because we're talking about CP, their b-sides are as good (if not better) as albums' tracks, as we all know! I'd love to know what they worked on until now, which products of their "experiments" were rejected and why that happened... Just think of Moving To Mars, it's such a stunning song! :wacky:

I love MX and I believe it'd be amazing to discover that there's more of it somewhere hidden, to see it suddenly appear and make me die for its greatness! :wideeyed:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree that I'm always disappointed when single B-sides are just radio edits or live versions or remixes as opposed to new tracks.

But they "have to" do nothing, no matter how much they have in reserve. I think the X&Y sessions were rumored to have the most unused material that got shelved, and we've never heard any of it. Just because it almost made the album doesn't mean it's going to come out, necessarily.

I do agree that I'm always disappointed when single B-sides are just radio edits or live versions or remixes as opposed to new tracks.

But they "have to" do nothing, no matter how much they have in reserve. I think the X&Y sessions were rumored to have the most unused material that got shelved, and we've never heard any of it. Just because it almost made the album doesn't mean it's going to come out, necessarily.

True, but a few songs leaked online I think.

I know a lot of this thread is just fun speculation, but I have to say that I'm surprised that people are already clamoring for an EP in multiple threads when we JUST got the album. Anything's possible, but I don't think Prospekt's March set a trend for how Coldplay are going to do releases from now on or anything like that--I actually think The Oracle said the same thing in the past few weeks and months. Can we just take a breather and enjoy what we have for now? It's still fresh out of the box!

Before and around the VLV release, there were rumors about VLV maybe being a double album or something similar a la Kid A and Amnesiac--I don't remember how those rumors started or what they were based on, but they did end up being somewhat true with the announcement of PM. This time there aren't rumors, which doesn't mean it won't happen, of course, but I'm just putting it out there.

Re: Carkids--I do find it slightly annoying that they've got the name "Carkids" everywhere, like on their clothes and in the "CK" symbol and in the graffiti while it's not a song or a lyric and don't have an explanation for it, but...every Coldplay era has had at least ONE song that never saw the light of day that the fans have begged for, like "So Sad" (we got a clip of that in the end, though), "Deserter," "Famous Old Painters" (we got the instrumental of that, but still) and the list goes on forever. I think it was a song that they were going to put on the album so they went ahead and decorated everything with its name, but when they did the last-minute tracklisting, decided it wasn't going on the record. I do hope it'll end up as a B-side or something, because knowing the title of an unheard song makes it more "real" to you and makes you want it more, but at the same time, think about the hundreds of songs, ranging from demos to full-fledged mastered almost-album tracks, that are sitting in the vault never to be heard. A painful thought, yes, but I think it's kind of silly in that sense to get all worked up about one unknown song that we know the name of when there are countless more that might be better that we're just as likely to never hear.

why do you always write so amazing and long posts?

A Ghost is an unreleased song from Coldplay, written in the time during Parachutes and, the follow up, A Rush of Blood to the Head. There is a live recording on the internet that Chris Martin played solo on an American radio station in 2001. He said in the interview on the same show that it was inspired by Tom Waits.

link