✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

An EP to follow MX?

Martin04

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want an EP too but something tells me that it won't happen. They've already released an EP before MX and I don't think they'll release another one.

Of course I hope I'm wrong.

I don't buy this logic. That "EP" had 2 tracks on it that actually ended up on the album. That's not really much of an extended play if you ask me... More of a double a-side with a b-side than an EP.

I just hope we see another single before the end of the year with another B-Side. I'm not in any hurry for an EP. We probably won't see anything like that for a while.

With the UK stadium shows announced to begin on May 29, a full seven months after the release of MX, I can easily see the release of an EP or at least a Mylo Xyloto: Special Edition as a way to celebrate / promote those shows. It would give the album a nice little boost in sales as well. I wouldn't expect anything before then though...

• 3 months later...
Just curious what people thought about this... do you think that there will be a follow up EP to Mylo Xyloto, similar to what we saw with Prospect's March following Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends? I feel like the Eno sessions yield a lot of material... plus the references to "Car Kids" in the album artwork makes me feel like the band may have held a few tracks back, and may be hinting at another release.... thoughts?

That song is a pretty good reason to expect an EP. It's probably gonna be the centerpiece of the album. Other songs are just speculations but for that one they specifically stated they're pretty fond of. Chris said that all other lyrics are shit but that he loves Charlie Brown and he said the same thing about CK. I'm not a CK preacher, but what he said about it seems pretty promising, plus the obscene amount of "promotion" for it cannot be for nothing. CK is about this.

this[/url].

:blank: Oh please, Chris

"Under the ocean / By a whale swallowed whole / Swallowed me whole

Pure poetry in motion / We're both down here / Losing control / Sellotaping my soul"

and

"The two of us we drove / A speeding ghost, and a shadow / Luminous to the road to the sea / We swam from the shallows / To battle lightning's glow / Where we're gonna run, God only knows"

Are better than the rest of the lyrics we've heard so far from this era (excluding UWtB, MM, and MtM). C'mon Chris, give us that EP :phu:

:blank: Oh please, Chris

"Under the ocean / By a whale swallowed whole / Swallowed me whole

Pure poetry in motion / We're both down here / Losing control / Sellotaping my soul"

and

"The two of us we drove / A speeding ghost, and a shadow / Luminous to the road to the sea / We swam from the shallows / To battle lightning's glow / Where we're gonna run, God only knows"

Are better than the rest of the lyrics we've heard so far from this era (excluding UWtB, MM, and MtM). C'mon Chris, give us that EP :phu:

Are those from some of the unreleased songs? They sound pretty decent

I think so--the speeding ghost lyrics are from the MX cover, and the other set is from a page in Chris' notebook :shrug:. And they do sound quite good, don't they?

The 'speeding ghost' lyrics are some of the best I have ever heard from Coldplay. If they actually end up in a song I will die happy.