✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

An EP to follow MX?

Martin04

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of me is hoping Car Kids would be just like Paradise just to see how many people on the forum will slit their wrists. :laugh3:

All these threads about getting an EP makes me curious "Are you people that glad with MX?"

Yes. That's why I can't get enough of it and want more. :P

I hope they don't stream or play all the songs on the EP before we've heard the EP.

This.

I want a MX EP without Car Kids, solely for the entertainment value of the wailing and knashing of teeth that would go on here.

:lol: Seconded!

And now for me to actually contribute something: I think there's always that chance that we'll get an EP, but don't get your hearts set on it, guys. Prospekt's March may have just been a one-off thing for the Viva era.

Lost Boys Remix? Where have you heard about that?)

Remember the Osaka Sun Remix? Actually it was just me speculating. ;)

Maybe there will be a remix EP of Mylo Xyloto :

Paradise (When she was a boy remix)

Charlie Brown (Lost boys remix)

Us Against The World (Chaos remix) < Heavy guitars and Will shouting)

Major Minus (Xylobryte remix)

Princess of China (Be-jing moon mix)

Don't Let It Break Your Heart (Acoustic)

And of course the final track, that is as good as Fix You, Viva La Vida, Charlie Brown and In My Place all combined, Car Kids!

^ :awesome:

I want a MX EP without Car Kids, solely for the entertainment value of the wailing and knashing of teeth that would go on here.

^:lol:

I know a lot of this thread is just fun speculation, but I have to say that I'm surprised that people are already clamoring for an EP in multiple threads when we JUST got the album. Anything's possible, but I don't think Prospekt's March set a trend for how Coldplay are going to do releases from now on or anything like that--I actually think The Oracle said the same thing in the past few weeks and months. Can we just take a breather and enjoy what we have for now? It's still fresh out of the box!

Before and around the VLV release, there were rumors about VLV maybe being a double album or something similar a la Kid A and Amnesiac--I don't remember how those rumors started or what they were based on, but they did end up being somewhat true with the announcement of PM. This time there aren't rumors, which doesn't mean it won't happen, of course, but I'm just putting it out there.

Re: Carkids--I do find it slightly annoying that they've got the name "Carkids" everywhere, like on their clothes and in the "CK" symbol and in the graffiti while it's not a song or a lyric and don't have an explanation for it, but...every Coldplay era has had at least ONE song that never saw the light of day that the fans have begged for, like "So Sad" (we got a clip of that in the end, though), "Deserter," "Famous Old Painters" (we got the instrumental of that, but still) and the list goes on forever. I think it was a song that they were going to put on the album so they went ahead and decorated everything with its name, but when they did the last-minute tracklisting, decided it wasn't going on the record. I do hope it'll end up as a B-side or something, because knowing the title of an unheard song makes it more "real" to you and makes you want it more, but at the same time, think about the hundreds of songs, ranging from demos to full-fledged mastered almost-album tracks, that are sitting in the vault never to be heard. A painful thought, yes, but I think it's kind of silly in that sense to get all worked up about one unknown song that we know the name of when there are countless more that might be better that we're just as likely to never hear.

I know a lot of this thread is just fun speculation, but I have to say that I'm surprised that people are already clamoring for an EP in multiple threads when we JUST got the album. Anything's possible, but I don't think Prospekt's March set a trend for how Coldplay are going to do releases from now on or anything like that--I actually think The Oracle said the same thing in the past few weeks and months. Can we just take a breather and enjoy what we have for now? It's still fresh out of the box!

I know for me personally, I want an EP because I love the album so much!:D

Also I know they have a ton of unreleased material, and have proved time and time again that they keep some pretty great songs to themselves!