✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is it just me...

Mark

...Or is this the most complacent moment from Coldplay in a while? People praise it lyrically but it doesn't really say much, and yeah, it's acoustic, which is alright if you like that...

Is this song ever so overrated?

The only really amazing bit in the lyrics is the 'the tightrope that I'm walking just sways and ties / the devil as he's talking with those angel's eyes' but the rest of them are decent enough. Plus, the intro and the crescendo into Guy's bass is awesome.

So no, not too terribly overrated. If we were rating it, I would give it a solid 7 at least.

As with all the songs, I think it would have been more powerful if it was heard for the first time on the album. It was already played live so we all sort of knew what to expect and that cheapens the song a little bit. They also should jave kept Will's harmonies on the 'float away' part. It was my favourite bit.

Hmm...42 is in kind of a different category for me. That song is pure kickass but for different reasons. The Scientist is arguably better in some respects - it's definitely more catchy and at the same time haunting. Green Eyes I find just a little bit more boring than UATW though, because among all these songs, UATW has best climax and build; everything from "if we could float away" to the instrumental is just marvelous in my opinion.