✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Emirates Stadium, London, UK

Tash

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really looking forward to this, there are a couple of things putting me off though 1. I think the support should have been two of the following Keane, Snow Patrol, or Embrace, and 2. It looks like I am going to have to drag my mum along with me and she may want to leave early because she does not like big crowds, and she has work the next morning, and my dad may be dragged out to Skiathos by my sister, dad usually goes with me.

I am meaning the holiday was originally booked for my sisters boyfriends parents.

Anyway here is my perfect setlist

Mylo Xyloto, Hurts Like Heaven, In My Place, White Shadows, Glass of Water, The Scientist, God Put A Smile Upon Your Face, Don't Panic, Lovers In Japan, Warning Sign, Up in Flames, Us Against The World, Don't Let It Break Your Heart, Viva la Vida, Paradise, Charlie Brown, Clocks, Princess Of China, Paradise, Fix You, Every Teardrops A Waterfall, Everythings Not Lost. I would love them to finish with that. And not necessarily in that order.

I am meaning the holiday was originally booked for my sisters boyfriends parents.

Anyway here is my perfect setlist

Mylo Xyloto, Hurts Like Heaven, In My Place, White Shadows, Glass of Water, The Scientist, God Put A Smile Upon Your Face, Don't Panic, Lovers In Japan, Warning Sign, Up in Flames, Us Against The World, Don't Let It Break Your Heart, Viva la Vida, Paradise, Charlie Brown, Clocks, Princess Of China, Paradise, Fix You, Every Teardrops A Waterfall, Everythings Not Lost. I would love them to finish with that. And not necessarily in that order.

well you will definetly get the vast majority of those :)

Hi all!

Does anybody know for sure if the concert starts around 9 or is there a chance it might start earlier? I just got my tickets and it says "gates open at 5.30pm" - I assumed they would start playing roughly a couple of hours after gates open..

I am asking to get an idea on when it's going to finish as we need to catch our last coach home at 11.30pm from Victoria.

Thanks

Robbie

In Turin it started slightly later than 9 and it finished around 11..You need to consider that it takes about 20 minutes from the stadium to Victoria (if you go by tube) and at the end of the concert it'll be very crowded..I don't know if it's going to be the same, but keep an eye on the clock..

The stage times for tonight (29 May) are:

7:15pm: Rita Ora

8:00pm: Robyn

9:15pm: Coldplay

I guess it will be the same for 4 June :)

edit:

London, Emirates Stadium - 2 & 4 June

6.45pm: Rita Ora

7.30pm: Robyn

8.45pm: Coldplay

festcrowd.jpg

UK stadium dates stage times

29 May 2012 11:21 am

A rundown of the stage times for the UK stadium dates

news_line.png

Good morning. Tonight in Coventry, Coldplay begin the UK leg of their European stadium tour. Some of you have been asking the Oracle for stage times for these dates. And so here they are:

Coventry, Ricoh Arena - 29 May

London, Emirates Stadium - 1 June

6.45pm: Ash

7.30pm: Marina and the Diamonds

Sunderland, Stadium of Light - 7 June

7.15pm: Rita Ora

8.00pm: Robyn

9.15pm: Coldplay

Manchester, Etihad Stadium - 9 June

7.15pm: Charli XCX

Manchester, Etihad Stadium - 10 June

Anchorman

How early are you guys planning to get there? I'd like to be in or near the front, but I'm going with a friend who's never been to London and isn't a Coldplay fan (she doesn't like or dislike them particularly, just likes music in general) and I'm wondering if we'd have to be there for hours to get a place up front. I'm not very experienced with concerts, unfortunately, haha

Funny that Rita Ora is opening for them! I was in an elevator with her not too long ago.

8.45 for the emirates!? ahh thats so early most of it will be in light... xylobands will not be effective will end.. so dissapointing. how come coventry gets 9.15 start:(

Most of the other stadiums are out in the middle of nowhere and probably have older music licences.

The Emirates is pretty new and in a built up area so the curfew for noise will be earlier. I think Twickenham have a similar issue.

I'm quite worried about it being such a huge show in a stadium with a lot of different entrances, does anyone know how this works? Is it difficult to get front row because they might open your door later? Thanks you in advance :nice:.

I don't know about the Emirates but most venues have 1 or 2 GA entrances (despite reports from others, Wembley only has two as well), both open at the same time and both are in similar positions on either side of the ground.

I've turned up a couple of hours before doors open and got in the "pit" for U2 gigs so unless you want to be right on the front, don't worry about being there for too long before it starts.

arsenal.com/news/news-archive/coldplay-set-up-at-emirates-stadium[/url] A

The pictures look great! Bit of an odd question, does it mean that there will be a different stage setup for the Emirates shows? Obviously the current stadium stage is being used in Coventry!

Hopefully they do use the current set up...because it looks amazing even in daylight!

The pictures look great! Bit of an odd question, does it mean that there will be a different stage setup for the Emirates shows? Obviously the current stadium stage is being used in Coventry!

They have multiple similar stages.

im wondering how full the standing area at the emirates will be, wembley the entire pitch was full but videos like this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1oIE-CcsZc]Bruce Springsteen, Emirates Stadium, London May 30 2008 - YouTube[/ame]

and from seeing summertime ball (:embarrassed:) a couple years ago, despite being sold out the ground was half empty despite being sold out..

it seems like the emirates may have some sort of policy:inquisitive:

Cool, thanks for posting the stage times :)

Yeah, we'll get there by tube and will go back to Victoria by tube. So if it starts at 8.45pm it will probably finish no later than 10.45, but like you said, it will be very crowded and I am afraid it will take us ages to get out of the stadium (never been there so I am not sure how big it is and how long it will take to get out).

Cool, thanks for posting the stage times :)

Yeah, we'll get there by tube and will go back to Victoria by tube. So if it starts at 8.45pm it will probably finish no later than 10.45, but like you said, it will be very crowded and I am afraid it will take us ages to get out of the stadium (never been there so I am not sure how big it is and how long it will take to get out).

It'll finish 1hr35 or 1hr40 (at the most) after they come on, and they're usually a few minutes later than planned at the big London shows.

For absolute peace of mind I think you need to leave before or during the last song, then you'll avoid the rush completely and should be able to hop on the first tube :)

I wish that Ash and Marina swapped timings!

festcrowd.jpg

UK stadium dates stage times

29 May 2012 11:21 am

A rundown of the stage times for the UK stadium dates

news_line.png

Good morning. Tonight in Coventry, Coldplay begin the UK leg of their European stadium tour. Some of you have been asking the Oracle for stage times for these dates. And so here they are:

Coventry, Ricoh Arena - 29 May

London, Emirates Stadium - 1 June

6.45pm: Ash

7.30pm: Marina and the Diamonds

Sunderland, Stadium of Light - 7 June

Manchester, Etihad Stadium - 9 June

7.15pm: Charli XCX

Manchester, Etihad Stadium - 10 June

Anchorman

Hello everyone!

It will be my second time to London, but this time for a whole week so I hope to enjoy both the concert and the city!

I don't know if here is the right place where to pist, but a friend of mine who had already bought the ticket can't come anymore, so if anyone of you is searching for a ticket so badly I could help!

Wow, it's less than a week!

It'll finish 1hr35 or 1hr40 (at the most) after they come on, and they're usually a few minutes later than planned at the big London shows.

For absolute peace of mind I think you need to leave before or during the last song, then you'll avoid the rush completely and should be able to hop on the first tube :)

Cool, that definitely helps, thanks :)

Now I have to figure out what the last song will be so we'll know it's time to leave! Any ideas?