✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Emirates Stadium, London, UK

Tash

Just quickly to let all of you know, i worked at the Ricoh handing out wristbands, and if you do want one, please please turn up early, because last night we ran out at around 8. Unfortunately some people who arrived afterwards didn't get them, we estimated around 300 people didn't get them, and as i am sure you know they make the entire experience so much better. Coming from someone who as of yesterday didn't really like Coldplay, last night converted me and i am now looking forward to working at the emirates, and hopefully seeing the gig again

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking ahead at the weather forecast, and it's looking like it might rain (although obviously it's a few days away so this may change). I've not been to a concert in the rain before, but I saw the pictures of the gigs a couple of weeks ago (I think Spain and Portugal) where everybody was wearing a plastic raincoat, so is this something that they gave out for free, and if so will they do it again here?

Just looking ahead at the weather forecast, and it's looking like it might rain (although obviously it's a few days away so this may change). I've not been to a concert in the rain before, but I saw the pictures of the gigs a couple of weeks ago (I think Spain and Portugal) where everybody was wearing a plastic raincoat, so is this something that they gave out for free, and if so will they do it again here?

I don't even care if it rains. When i saw Coldplay at Wembley Stadium back in 2009 i went standing and about 20 mins before Coldplay came on stage it started raining and it continued until about their 3rd or 4th song. We all got absolutely soaked to the skin but i don't think anyone could have cared less tbh. If anything, seeing them perform in the pouring rain - and it was raining HARD - actually added to the experience for me. :D

I don't even care if it rains. When i saw Coldplay at Wembley Stadium back in 2009 i went standing and about 20 mins before Coldplay came on stage it started raining and it continued until about their 3rd or 4th song. We all got absolutely soaked to the skin but i don't think anyone could have cared less tbh. If anything, seeing them perform in the pouring rain - and it was raining HARD - actually added to the experience for me. :D

AGREED. The rain made the build up amazing. good times from that show.

Hello all! I'm a newbie! On the forum anyway, first saw Coldplay 12 years ago.

I'm going to London by bus on monday the 4th. Would love to be in one of the front pits, anyone whose been to this tour know what time would be good to ensure I got there?

Thanks Muchly

Thinking about it, I can imagine it'd make it something quite special. Fix You in the rain would be pretty amazing :)

Going on Monday...can't wait!

Just a word of warning, if you are collecting your tickets there, the box office may shut at 2 and not normal week day times of 5pm due to the bank hols.. I phoned this morning and they weren't sure yet what time they were opening till.

To be honest, you would think that they would keep it open at least till the gates opened.

Hi guys, does security check if you have a camera? I heard they let you take your phone, but any cameras will be confiscated. That's what it apparently says on the ticket. :)

Yesterday they didn't say anything my professional-look like camera..

Thinking about it, I can imagine it'd make it something quite special. Fix You in the rain would be pretty amazing :)

We didn't get Fix You in the rain, but it was raining during Clocks which was pretty awesome. Here's my video of it from the night:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnnSa7B2qAY&list=UUYrC8vcfHtC5bYnTvZDC79Q&index=6&feature=plcp]Coldplay Clocks Wembley Stadium[/ame]

It might not really look like it from this, but i remember it was actually bucketing it down at this point.

Are we able to take glowsticks along? I kinda have a crazy amount of them I need to use :P

You can indeed! The folk behind me had some, and dropped one just under me. I picked it up and handed it back, but I didn't realise it was leaking. When I looked down there was glowing paint all over the floor...I'm sure it's highly toxic and not to be messed around with, but, wow.

Hi,

is there anyone who has a spare ticket for Monday?

I would be very grateful for one!

I went to the gig on Saturday but I think I cannot miss the Monday one while I`m in London as well.

Please, PM if you have one.

I'm at the Emirates right now! I've already seen a banner about a beating heart for Coldplay although I can't remember it exactly. If that was anyone from Coldplaying then nice!

I'm in the K section.

I'm at the Emirates right now! I've already seen a banner about a beating heart for Coldplay although I can't remember it exactly. If that was anyone from Coldplaying then nice!

I'm in the K section.

how many people are there now?