✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CHARLIE BROWN - THIRD SINGLE REVEALED

JosephRengifo

Hey everyone!

EMI Music Argentina, Colombia and México revealed the "single edit" of Charlie Brown and confirmed that it will be the third single of Mylo Xyloto!

Though Coldplay hasn't made any official announcement yet, I trust EMI sources and I think we will hear news of this new single this week.

Here is the audio, by the way:

[ame=http://soundcloud.com/marco_g2-1/coldplay-charlie-brown-radio-1]http://soundcloud.com/marco_g2-1/coldplay-charlie-brown-radio-1[/ame]

So, do you guys think this is true?

What do you think of the single edit?

:)

I'm very excited to hear that we will be seeing (arguably) the best track from MX getting some recognition in the world.

However the single edit just isn't the same without the piano ending. For some wild reason it just makes the song for me.

It's like 4 minutes of running wild and the last 20 seconds should be the glowing in the dark..

I don't mind the piano being cut out. I prefer it to end with that 'Luminous and wired/we'll be glowing in the dark' line. It's the fact that here it just seems to start. There isn't an intro to this cut, which I find weird. Just seems to start too quickly for my liking, doesn't ease you in or anything. Still in my top 5 Coldplay songs though and by far the best thing on MX.

However the single edit just isn't the same without the piano ending. For some wild reason it just makes the song for me.

It's like 4 minutes of running wild and the last 20 seconds should be the glowing in the dark..

Exactly, I miss that too when it comes on radio (about twenty times a day here :rolleyes:). I also got ridiculously excited when we found out it was an outro for Charlie instead of an intro for LIFL. Love that piano thingy.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I don't mind the piano being cut out. I prefer it to end with that 'Luminous and wired/we'll be glowing in the dark' line. It's the fact that here it just seems to start. There isn't an intro to this cut, which I find weird. Just seems to start too quickly for my liking, doesn't ease you in or anything. Still in my top 5 Coldplay songs though and by far the best thing on MX.

I've heard this song too many times since we first heard it in the summer and I genuinely didn't know he was singing 'luminous and wired'. I thought it was something like 'saw an innocent wire (?!) /liar'! :D

You learn something new every day!