✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[27-Apr-2012] Coldplay @ HP Pavilion, San Jose, CA, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe how lucky I got in the general sale... because I was expecting to get a terrible seat. Well the first seat that came up for me was Section 128 next to the stage, row 2! I bought it of course but I can't believe that seat even came up because I thought the first few rows in that section were reserved for the VIP package. I am so excited :dance:

Originally Posted by anacaren08;5117824

section 116 row 2 is not bad at all! thats what I was going for originally. I would have been more than happy to buy them but....

I bought the VIP package and got row 7 in the main floor!

so im very very very happy!

except for if they dont give us wristbands, then ill be very disappointed, and kind of annoyed, and depressed. ugh just heartbreaking, i want to be glowing in the dark!

why does Europe get all the cool stuff!

and why dont i live in London!!

"these are things that i dont understand..."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Me too! I got row 7 with the VIP party package, it was more expensive but whatever. And don't worry, we will get wristbands, that guy that made them for Coldplay said that everyone who goes to a show on the tour will get one so be assured.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

did you guys find out what row and seat you have after you bought the tickets or when you searched for them??

the tickets for the Chicago show go on sale tomorrow night and I need to have my game plan ready! :cheesy:

did you guys find out what row and seat you have after you bought the tickets or when you searched for them??

the tickets for the Chicago show go on sale tomorrow night and I need to have my game plan ready! :cheesy:

It shows the row and seat number when you search.

This is f*cked up! I went to buy tickets for my brother and I, but those idiotic scalpers have already gotten their hands on everything possible. Within the first hour that they were on sale I was on Ticketmaster but no luck, and I'm not gonna pay more than $150 for a ticket because that is just ridiculous.

They really need to do something about this because every show it's the same thing. Require to put the name on the ticket so people can't resell them for a profit. What's the point of having Ticketmaster when you're gonna end up paying somebody more than what the actual price is?

I got floor section 3 row 19 for 4/28. Those any good? Anyone ever been on the floor at HP before? My biggest concern is not being tall enough to see. I have an option to sit in 102 row 3 but that just seems so far away. What to do, what to do?!

• 3 weeks later...
I got floor section 3 row 19 for 4/28. Those any good? Anyone ever been on the floor at HP before? My biggest concern is not being tall enough to see. I have an option to sit in 102 row 3 but that just seems so far away. What to do, what to do?!

Section 102 you'll see better but far away

Row19 you might not see well even if you're closer:\

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyMhvkC3A84]Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall - YouTube[/ame]

On the Road: Wild Flag, Coldplay, Built to Spill and Of Montreal

Mean things have been said about Coldplay - that they're gutless, mild radio-rock, stuck-in-The Bends-era Radiohead lite, innocuously sentimental and utterly unsexy iTunes commercial fodder. That they coast at a corporately determined sweet spot of involatile mass appeal. That they sell out stadiums due in no small part to the existence of girlfriends.

Maybe so, but - hear me out - there's something to be said for that. Coldplay may not have the youthful punch of French counterparts Phoenix or masculine grip of Bruce Springsteen (new single "Hurts like Heaven" clearly shoots for both), but they understand pop and show a genuine commitment to their craft. Their latest Brian Eno-produced album, enigmatically-titled Mylo Xyloto, demonstrates this.

The work shows artistic progression in small, but measurable steps. Most noteworthily, Mylo Xyloto swings further than ever into extremes - mellow sentimentality ("Us Against the World," "Up in Flames") and energizing dance numbers.

The album introduces more synth than the band has traditionally incorporated, and does it well. Chris Martin-Rihanna duet "Princess of China" merges staticky club synths with patently Coldplay orchestrals to good effect, and barreling album standouts "Charlie Brown" and "Don't Let it Break Your Heart" throw Balaeric House flourishes into the mix.

As a whole, the album is expertly well produced, achieving an impossible degree of textural balance between percussion, electronics, acoustic guitars, orchestrals, and, of course, Martin's distinctively semi-nasal falsetto. Perhaps this is perfection to a fault. Indeed, many people would argue that this sort of obsessive smoothing neuters the band. At the same time, Coldplay's orderly polish is what will surely pack HP Pavilion.

http://sfappeal.com/culture/2012/01/on-the-road-wild-flag-coldplay-built-to-spill-and-of-montreal.php

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...