✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[27-Apr-2012] Coldplay @ HP Pavilion, San Jose, CA, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I was having a bad day and then I get to the arena door and my ticket doesn't scan. They take me to the will call and I find out my ticket is counterfeit. I had floor 1, row 20. THANKFULLY, they still had tickets for floor 1, row 13 right next to the x-stage!

So, I was having a bad day and then I get to the arena door and my ticket doesn't scan. They take me to the will call and I find out my ticket is counterfeit. I had floor 1, row 20. THANKFULLY, they still had tickets for floor 1, row 13 right next to the x-stage!

Oh no! I'm glad you were able to get another ticket though. Enjoy the show and please keep us posted.

Setlist:

1 Mylo Xyloto

2 Hurts Like Heaven

3 In My Place

4 Major Minus

5 Lovers In Japan

6 The Scientist

7 Yellow

8 Violet Hill

9 God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

10 Princess Of China

11 Up In Flames

12 Warning Sign

13 Don't Let It Break Your Heart

14 Viva La Vida

15 Charlie Brown

16 Paradise

17 Us Against The World

18 Clocks

19 Fix You

20 Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

link

Just got back to my hotel room. Me and Caroline waited for about an hour after the show but I guess the boys left right away. Anyway, the show was phenomenal, they really blew me away. I got tons of pics and video on my camera, which I will upload when I get home Sunday. I got goosebumps when the wristbands went off at the beginning, there are no words to describe it. No changes in the set list but I enjoyed the concert completely. We were right next to the xstage so when they came out to it, we went to the barrier and they were right in front of us, it was amazing. Getting to finally hear Warning Sign.. Amazing. DLIBYH is so good live, definitely a highlight for me.The crowd was great, which Chris commented on several times. The Paradise singalong at the show was one of the strongest I've ever heard from a crowd. That about sums it up :)

And then I had my first Coldplay concert. :dazzled: I'm just going to ramble in this review . . .

First off, the only (small) complaint I have is the sound. Maybe it's because I sat on the side of the stage, which probably doesn't receive the best sound, but I really wish the vocals were louder and clearer. The overall mixing sounded a little distorted to me, but it wasn't too distracting.

The band and the music itself were, well, explosive. That's probably not the best adjective, but I'm going to use it. Their sound hits you like some tidal wave and you're completely enveloped in the music. The boys just sounded so great together, and they put so much effort into their playing (after GPASUYF, Jonny has pretty much become my guitar hero). I will never understand how Chris has so much energy to leap, frolic, spin around, etc. throughout the gig. His enthusiasm was contagious, and his voice sounded pretty fantastic. I loved his falsetto during Up in Flames.

Highlight of the night for me was definitely Warning Sign (is it routine for Chris to mess up in the middle of it now? :lol: his apology was pretty endearing). Beautiful acoustic-ish rendition (Jonny's guitar added so much to it :heart: ) with a very lovely piano outro. I also really liked the mellow piano-vocal intro to Yellow before Chris' acoustic guitar takes over.

I think I'll stop now.

ETA: Forgot to mention the LIGHTS. LASERS. XYLOBANDS. MIND-NUMBING AND DAZZLING COLORS EVERYWHERE. Those were great.