✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[30-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ Olympic Stadium, Stockholm, Sweden

Jenjie

What a night! Did you boys and girls actually experience this and survive???

Right now I'm not sure what happened tonight... parrots died, water fell and my yellow xyloband is still flashing like crazy.

How was the broadcast? So many pages to read!

I have some videos, no idea if they're any good, I'll upload Paradise first since it was a bit special :smiley:

Hur var det? :)

It was great listening to it

the quality of the broadcast was the best i've ever heard on radio! Probably one of the best shows theyve done this year.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7th concert and it was amazing. As always. I usually stand first row on the right side but now I decided to change and stand in the middle at the very front and had a great view over the show, fantastic.

Although a little angry with the arrangment since they had 2 (!!!!!!!) toilets outside the arena. 2 toilets for thousands of people, what's up with that! Also they should learn to arrange a proper line (maybe from O2 London) with barrels from the beginning of the day! People really don't care about anything else than themselves and it's sad that it got so hysteric before letting us in, both because of the arrangment but also because of disrespectful people. Just a notice :( people got 'numbers' but who cares about numbers written with a black pencil, anyone could do that and come 3 in the afternoon and just jump in the line? I didn't even get the right number,. 60 numbers wrong.

But after all. I'm happy with the concert, the swedish crowd can really make some noise, it was nice with 2 (!) Paradise, Chris spontanius and cheerfull excitment... also getting Matt McGinn's autograpf signed in my Roadiebook- I was seriously shaking after talking to him since he is such an important person!! Gotta love the roadies in their cute little MX-overalls, they do THE best job in the world making all these liveapperances possible :)

See you in a crowd next year, now I'll have a Coldplayvacation, it's been a busy summer :)! I'll post some videos later, think I got some good ones...

It was such an amazing concert! Was in the queue for almost 10 hours - got great view because of it. I was standing on the right side of the "middle stage", which Chris + the others ran out on a LOT. He was like 2 meters away from me so many times!

The whole concert was great, I'm still in shock/speechless about it. Everything from the way it opened with the lighting in Hurts Like Heaven and the amazing crowd, to the 2 Paradises and the final with ETIAW.

All the effects (lightning, objects, confetti, etc) were so stunning! Chris seemed to be having so much fun, it was crazy! (Did I just imagine it or has he actually said that he really likes Stockholm and Sweden?)

He opened Speed of Sound by singing Born This Way which was really funny cause the crowd (including myself) actually started singing along! :laugh3:

They played Paradise, and right after they announced that they were doing it again. First I thought they were just kidding, but then Chris started telling us about Stand Up To Cancer and that it was an american charity thing that wanted them to film for it.

(I can't remember exactly what Chris said, but it was along the lines of):

"Stand Up To Cancer asked us to shoot a performance, and we asked, 'can't we do it in Sweden? We'd love to do it there, the crowd is so amazing.' And they said, 'sure, bring as many Swedes as you like'. So I have a few lines I have to say, a few TV lines for this thing."

He held a script, put it aside and started talking, but forgot what he was gonna say so he swore a lot (fucking fuck) xD. But then he said like "we're here in Sweden recording" yada yada. And then they jumped into Paradise a second time.

(I saw that people were wondering about them playing it twice, but I think that they meant it to be that way? See, the first time they didn't tell us anything, nor have the "SU2C" sign, nor did Chris read a script for it.)

Wow, this turned really long, I should stop.

Overall, the best night of my life! Can't wait to see them again!

My video of Paradise. Chris talking starts around 03:40 and then Paradise a second time.

Thank you! The radio feed had the DJs talking over everything Chris said, as well as the second recording of Paradise (and we were all REALLY mad).

It turned out they didn't have the rights to stream the second rendition (and then we weren't so mad). Now it all makes sense.

Looong intro (99 Problems and Back to the future). MX starts at 03:05.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Lq2GYzH4k]Coldplay - Intro & Mylo Xyloto & Hurts Like Heaven, Stockholm 30.8 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quNQ-7MoZm8]Coldplay - Major Minus, Stockholm 30.8 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sj76iWHjEk]Coldplay - The Scientist, Stockholm 30.8 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9qp1F7m_wI]Coldplay - Yellow, Stockholm 30.8 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0PMrGpRxHk]Coldplay - Princess Of China, Stockholm 30.8 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4KHkXDjCkU]Coldplay - Up In Flames, Stockholm 30.8 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

DLIBYH, VLV, CB

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dRX6GaEfPM]Coldplay - Don't Let It Break Your Heart & Viva La Vida & Charlie Brown, Stockholm 30.8 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Happy birthday Phil!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfkXrM2uQVg]Coldplay - Clocks, Stockholm 30.8 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrqC9mkBgjs]Coldplay - Fix You, Stockholm 30.8 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Chris the Viking

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36mB-EKkgZo]Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, Stockholm 30.8 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

It was such an amazing concert! Was in the queue for almost 10 hours - got great view because of it. I was standing on the right side of the "middle stage", which Chris + the others ran out on a LOT. He was like 2 meters away from me so many times!

The whole concert was great, I'm still in shock/speechless about it. Everything from the way it opened with the lighting in Hurts Like Heaven and the amazing crowd, to the 2 Paradises and the final with ETIAW.

All the effects (lightning, objects, confetti, etc) were so stunning! Chris seemed to be having so much fun, it was crazy! (Did I just imagine it or has he actually said that he really likes Stockholm and Sweden?)

He opened Speed of Sound by singing Born This Way which was really funny cause the crowd (including myself) actually started singing along! :laugh3:

They played Paradise, and right after they announced that they were doing it again. First I thought they were just kidding, but then Chris started telling us about Stand Up To Cancer and that it was an american charity thing that wanted them to film for it.

(I can't remember exactly what Chris said, but it was along the lines of):

"Stand Up To Cancer asked us to shoot a performance, and we asked, 'can't we do it in Sweden? We'd love to do it there, the crowd is so amazing.' And they said, 'sure, bring as many Swedes as you like'. So I have a few lines I have to say, a few TV lines for this thing."

He held a script, put it aside and started talking, but forgot what he was gonna say so he swore a lot (fucking fuck) xD. But then he said like "we're here in Sweden recording" yada yada. And then they jumped into Paradise a second time.

(I saw that people were wondering about them playing it twice, but I think that they meant it to be that way? See, the first time they didn't tell us anything, nor have the "SU2C" sign, nor did Chris read a script for it.)

Wow, this turned really long, I should stop.

Overall, the best night of my life! Can't wait to see them again!

Glad you had a great time! And thank you for the explanation, indeed now it all makes sense!!!

^ I'll try to translate quickly. My English tho... feel free to laugh and will you help me make it understandable? :D

COLDPLAY IS A PURE PRIMORDIAL FORCE

The quartet makes every song an encore.

Never thought I'd use these two words in the same sentence. But Coldplay is pure primordial force.

You can't defend yourself from this arena bang.

The start is nothing but phenomenal.

Like a runaway circus Coldplay turn up all controls they can find behind the huge Stadion stage. Everything's happening. Fireworks salsa dancing across the ceiling, the crowd neon glittering from the Coldplay controlled wristbands they got at the entrance and the band members peeping up among all the confetti that filled the arena aldready in the second song.

It's a bang. Even by stadium measures.

Now and then Coldplay's show is a monumental display of the band's live performances over the past five years. The explosions and the millimeter fitted choreography that only bands with many years experience of huge stages, a stable peak shape and a bit too much money can achieve.

"Choice of songs hampers"

Still the Brits don't make it all the way. When the band want to slow down halfway through at the end of the runway they don't lose energy only. The songs don't hit and Coldplay have to spend the same amount of time to get back on top that it took to play them.

Dynamic is needed, of course. But the choice of songs hampers a really great atmosphere.

Cause when it's back, as in the finale with "Every teardrop is a waterfall", Coldplay is an irresistable visual arena force few, U2 only, can reach today.

"Oversteered g-force"

In Copenhagen on Tuesday, the band almost hit the 5+ barrier (this newspaper's grading system). And when 33 000 Swedes in 15 minutes have created the same atmosphere as over 50 000 Danes did then, I truly believe the band will score.

Coldplay have polished all their arena manners and it's not just about fireworks, confetti, balloons and other proven megalomania. The London quartet makes every song an encore. The huge round screens filling almost the whole back of the stage makes the band's presence burning and some songs sounds like an oversteered g-force about to push them through the ground.

5+

"HLH"

Pitch dark at Stadion, only mobile phones glowing. Then it breaks loose. Coldplay light up the thousands of wristbands people got at the entrance - and turns the arena into a neon glittering inferno. While the fireworks explode over Stadion. This is truly one of the most powerful opening numbers I've seen a band at this level do.

4+

"IMP"

Second song. Second time with goosebumps, already. Coldplay swirling around in an annual consumption of confetti. Chris Martin seem to be really on tonight. Just like the crowd.

4+

"MM"

Martin sucking up to the crowd a bit, says we chose Coldplay over Gaga. Blood coloured stage that would make even Kent (Swedish band) proud. Amazing heat, volume and joy at Stadion.

4+

"LIJ"

Balloon party Coldplay style. Beach balls, confetti and a bass drum rough as a musk ox bubbling around at Stadion.

I give up for now, the site keeps throwing me out every time I try to edit. I need to leave anyway, someone please continue :smiley:

Or I'll do it later.

Thanks for all the pictures! Was a great night, am still kinda shocked :D

what a great night again!

even if Swedish organization sucked compared to the Danish one, we made it front row on Jonny's side. He smiled at us when we were screaming his name, and Chris and Guy recognized us too.

pics to come when I will be home tonight.