✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay.com Lyrics Have Been Corrected

prjio307

Wait.

I've re-rationalized my interpretation of the lyrics. The phrase "my drunken hazard Daniel in a Lion's Den" is an entire phrase that describes the noun "a friend" (that was a lost).

I CAN SEE THE LIGHT NOW. Because I thought that particular lyric needed a verb somewhere (if you look at all the other lines in the song, they do).

Now someone explain to me why "Oh morning come bursting the clouds amen" is supposed to work (ie where should I mentally place commas to make it at least flow the right way). :lol:

So funny that I have so much trouble with what is my favourite song in the world. :embarrassed:

But the line doesn't sound like it has a comma in it, so why should there be one in the lyrics? If anything, a comma would only disrupt the flow and be more confusing.

Chris himself said a couple of times that their lyrics are "shit".

For him, the whole feel of the song, capturing the emotions is more important than precise lyrics.

So stop dissecting every line because that's not the point.

I haven't seen these new lyrics, but the one line I'd like to see changed (someone even started a thread about it) is:

Hear the crocodiles ticking round the world

to

Hear those clocks and dials ticking round the world

The crocodiles thing is a Peter Pan reference that I don't quite know myself, but it makes sense. :p

sunlight seeps through the clouds

3135366592_ebf9fb4e0d.jpg

clouds blasting looks like an explosion

:thinking:

it's beautiful, amen (aka. verily, in fact, truely)

now the commas:

oh

morning come busting the clouds

amen

Ah that makes sense now. So the "amen" functions like what in an Oldplay song would be the phrase "it's true."

The problem is I keep hearing it as "oh morning come bursting, the clouds they mend." (Like the clouds are mending after a storm)

But the line doesn't sound like it has a comma in it, so why should there be one in the lyrics? If anything, a comma would only disrupt the flow and be more confusing.

I didn't literally mean that. I just meant where should the commas be if I wanted it to be grammatically logical. When sung obviously, there need not be a comma.

Why does no one know the Peter Pan reference?! Maybe I should make a thread about it. Basically Captain Hook, the villain of Peter Pan, had his hand eaten off by a crocodile who, during the struggle, also swallowed a clock. So whenever the crocodile is around, his stomach makes an audible ticking sound, which terrifies Hook. As a result, whenever he hears clocks ticking, Hook is paranoid and terrified because he thinks that the crocodile is back to eat the rest of him! It is a metaphor for paranoia that someone is out to get you.

I haven't seen these new lyrics, but the one line I'd like to see changed (someone even started a thread about it) is:

Hear the crocodiles ticking round the world

to

Hear those clocks and dials ticking round the world

Um...this isn't going to be changed because it's correct as it is.

Also, Brian Eno is a freaking genius. He produced Remain in Light, one of the awesomest albums of all time. OF ALL TIME.

And to say that every U2 song sounds the same is just plain ignorant. Listen to New Year's Day, Trip Through Your Wires, Lemon, Mofo, Where the Streets Have No Name, and Vertigo, then honestly tell me they sound anything alike.

The crocodiles thing is a Peter Pan reference that I don't quite know myself, but it makes sense. :p

Ah that makes sense now. So the "amen" functions like what in an Oldplay song would be the phrase "it's true."

The problem is I keep hearing it as "oh morning come bursting, the clouds they mend." (Like the clouds are mending after a storm)

I didn't literally mean that. I just meant where should the commas be if I wanted it to be grammatically logical. When sung obviously, there need not be a comma.

"Oh morning, come bursting the clouds, amen" is how I see it

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop. :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Why does no one know the Peter Pan reference?! Maybe I should make a thread about it. Basically Captain Hook, the villain of Peter Pan, had his hand eaten off by a crocodile who, during the struggle, also swallowed a clock. So whenever the crocodile is around, his stomach makes an audible ticking sound, which terrifies Hook. As a result, whenever he hears clocks ticking, Hook is paranoid and terrified because he thinks that the crocodile is back to eat the rest of him! It is a metaphor for paranoia that someone is out to get you.

I watched it like 10 years ago. Thanks for that.

I wouldn't wanna change a thing on MX.

I must say, with the exception Paradise and ETIAW, the lyrics on this album are BRILLIANT. It shows some really good work here, kudos Chris ;)

Teardrop has some pretty awesome lyrics after you get past the "I turn the music up, I got my records on / I shut the world outside until the lights come on" punch in the face. I mean, I even like that line, don't we all do that? I gotta state once more - I hated it too when it came out.

I almost made my whore self cry at Paradise yesterday. For no reason. It is too simple, but I adore it, on a visceral level.

It has a similar structure to Fix You (first the verses then the choruses), it's simpler in its message, but more complex production-wise.

The beginning is the best part, at 0:33 all (Hell) Heaven breaks loose. And it's Chris' favorite song to perform, besides VLV.

I understand that some fans feel betrayed after the masterpiece that is VLVODAAHF.

But MX is less pretentious, it's all about feeling like a kid again, and it has beautiful alegoric lyrics.

And the production is more elaborate than on any other CP record.

Patience my friend, you'll come around. ;)

I forgot what interview was this from, but Chris explained why was the song Charlie Brown named after CB.

It's about cartoons in general and how awesome would it be if RL was like that. :)

Like when someone's head gets chopped off and he's OK in the next scene.

And it's about feeling like an underdog all the time, like Charlie Brown.

That song and HLH best describe the album as a whole, especially HLH, with the graffiti and stuff.

Oh thank you so much for explaining!!! :):)I had no idea of that reference or story

I love the song now even more:pleased::pleased: