✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay.com Lyrics Have Been Corrected

prjio307

I am not sure if all of you have noticed so I figured I would post it here for everyone.

It looks like the lyrics in the recordings section for Mylo Xyloto have been corrected on Coldplay's official website. Before there were several spots where the lyrics were quite clearly incorrect but it looks like someone went through and fixed all of the mistakes. Good thing too, it was honestly a bit embarassing! Enjoy the official lyrics!

This is good, but UATW still has its weird nonsense lyrics, Charlie Brown still has "poh", and ETIAW's title is misspelled. So I refuse to believe they're correct yet.

Nonsense lyrics? The lyrics are 100% correct on the site, what are you talking about?

Is it the line "my drunken hazard Daniel in a lion's den" that is bothering you? What is it with everyone on this site and not understanding lyrics unless they're straight-forward and logical?

Lyrics, like poetry, don't always HAVE to work rationally and logically as a sentence. This line is playing with suggestion like imagist poetry does. It combines the images of "drunken hazard" and "daniel in a lion's den" to basically depict someone in a really bad place. A drunken hazard, someone who is a drunk and a danger to himself is being combined with the image of daniel in the lion's den, which is scary for obvious reasons.

Basically, as the story goes in the Bible, Daniel was thrown in the lion's den for having faith in God and praying, which was against the law because the king thought that no one should worship anyone but him. Daniel was thrown into the lion's den because of his "crime" against the king but because of his faith in God, God protected him from the lions and he came out unscathed the following day.

Now imagine being there drunk... Yeah... that's where the speaker of these lyrics is at.

As for "poh" and "Waterfal", eh, I can live with it. I compared all of the lyrics on the site with Chris' own handwritten ones. The ones that were emailed out in the digital package from the site on the wristbands. They are spot on. These are indeed the official lyrics.

Nonsense lyrics? The lyrics are 100% correct on the site, what are you talking about?

Is it the line "my drunken hazard Daniel in a lion's den" that is bothering you? What is it with everyone on this site and not understanding lyrics unless they're straight-forward and logical?

Lyrics, like poetry, don't always HAVE to work rationally and logically as a sentence. This line is playing with suggestion like imagist poetry does. It combines the images of "drunken hazard" and "daniel in a lion's den" to basically depict someone in a really bad place.

As for "poh" and "Waterfal", eh, I can live with it. I compared all of the lyrics on the site with Chris' own handwritten ones. The ones that were emailed out in the digital package from the site on the wristbands. They are spot on. These are indeed the official lyrics.

Thank you for this. I cannot stress this enough.

I understand the biblical background, and your explanation is acceptable. I just think it's a line that doesn't fit grammatically with the other lyrics. It's just VERY offputting the way it's phrased. Sorry for thinking that?

I respectfully disagree. I think it is a quite effective image.

Because we're Coldplay fans and Coldplay generally has really really really basic lyrics. Which isn't a bad thing. But when the lyrics are more symbolic people are like OMGZZZzzZZZ WHUTTZZSAdASHLfk

I like the balance they've struck. And UATW is beautiful and has the best lyrics by far on the album. If you don't like it, think about it in the way it was intended. Chris wrote it about a friend who was demonized and lost by drugs. Really quite beautiful if you ask me.

Wait.

I've re-rationalized my interpretation of the lyrics. The phrase "my drunken hazard Daniel in a Lion's Den" is an entire phrase that describes the noun "a friend" (that was a lost).

I CAN SEE THE LIGHT NOW. Because I thought that particular lyric needed a verb somewhere (if you look at all the other lines in the song, they do).

Now someone explain to me why "Oh morning come bursting the clouds amen" is supposed to work (ie where should I mentally place commas to make it at least flow the right way). :lol:

So funny that I have so much trouble with what is my favourite song in the world. :embarrassed:

Chris himself said a couple of times that their lyrics are "shit".

For him, the whole feel of the song, capturing the emotions is more important than precise lyrics.

So stop dissecting every line because that's not the point.

I haven't seen these new lyrics, but the one line I'd like to see changed (someone even started a thread about it) is:

Hear the crocodiles ticking round the world

to

Hear those clocks and dials ticking round the world

Brian Eno overproduced every single U2 record.

Every song is the same from start to finish.

And I don't understand a single word Bono sings unless I read the lyrics.

:|

I'm exaggerating but this is not far from the truth.

U2 is very overrated and I only like their best known songs.

... I don't understand a single word Bono sings unless I read the lyrics.

:|

I'm exaggerating but this is not far from the truth.

U2 is very overrated and I only like their best known songs.

:laugh3: I completely agree!

And I do also agree that the lyrics of a song do not really matter if the music and the way the lyrics are sung is good.

Wait.

Now someone explain to me why "Oh morning come bursting the clouds amen" is supposed to work (ie where should I mentally place commas to make it at least flow the right way). :lol:

I thought that at first too, but I believe the actual words are "Aim in" not "Amen." Bad enunciation, imo

sunlight seeps through the clouds

3135366592_ebf9fb4e0d.jpg

clouds blasting looks like an explosion

:thinking:

it's beautiful, amen (aka. verily, in fact, truely)

now the commas:

oh

morning come busting the clouds

amen