🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Lana Del Rey

S.@.m.

I could care less that she used to be Lizzy Grant or that her new 'Lana Del Rey' image was created by the record label.... as long as the songs are good. Video Games remains one of the best songs of 2011 and Blue Jeans isn't bad either.

But everything else that I've heard from her upcoming album (Born to Die, Off to the Races, Summertime Sadness, Million Dollar Man, Diet Mountain Dew, Radio, National Anthem + This Is What Makes Us Girls) aren't very good. If I'm being perfectly honest, these songs are mediocre at best. The worrying thing is they make up over 50% of the album.

Needlessly to say, my expectations for the album have gone down dramatically since I first heard Video Games + Blue Jeans.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, i think the performances weren't that good. Especially Video games. she seemed so nervous and so awkward on stage. I think that it would have been better if she had like a mic stand or s/m. Blue Jeans was a bit improved. I think she has to prepare more and work on her voice a little more, idk.

I still love her and stuff but it was a bit of a mess yanno

Really? She was terrible on SNL.

Just like all her other live performances and that's starting to become a concern.

I thought she was good.

Though there were a couple of sour long notes. One in Blue Jeans made me cringe.

I think a lot of the problem was the background music was too loud. SNL is notorious for balance issues during musical performances. Happened to Coldplay during ParaPara.

• 2 weeks later...