✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Favorite Coldplay song, and why?

4everColdplay

I know it's difficult to pick a favorite song! Every time I try to do so, I end up with... all of the songs as favorites, haha. xD But being the huuuge Coldplayer that I am, I love discussing their music with fellow fans, so I thought this would be a fun little thread. :)

So, if you HAD TO choose one song, which would it be?

I really, reeeally love "Death And All His Friends" as well as "Swallowed In The Sea" and well.., every song (=D). But if I had to pick one favorite, it would probably be "Fix You." It's such an emotional song and one that leaves my stomach with butterflies every time.

Hands down, it's Charlie Brown. :charlie1: Don't believe there is another song like it and it's captured the hearts of all. It's melody and Chris's vocals. Like it came out of heaven and it makes everyone happy and glad to be alive listening and singing to Coldplay music. :nice:

I think mine would be The Scientist. It means so much to me, and I remember when I first listened to it properly...it seemed to really touch me like no other song had. I remember listening to a lot in 2004 when my mother died. It seemed to help me more than anything else. (</cheesy> :P)

Politik is a close second (although musically, their absolute best). It's everything I love about Coldplay - spine tingling crescendos, deep and meaningful lyrics, and a haunting melody. I don't think any other song in the world comes close to the perfection of the last two minutes.

Also near the top spot is Fix You, Charlie Brown, DLIBYH and Square One.

I think mine would be The Scientist. It means so much to me, and I remember when I first listened to it properly...it seemed to really touch me like no other song had. I remember listening to a lot in 2004 when my mother died. It seemed to help me more than anything else. (</cheesy> :P)

Politik is a close second (although musically, their absolute best). It's everything I love about Coldplay - spine tingling crescendos, deep and meaningful lyrics, and a haunting melody. I don't think any other song in the world comes close to the perfection of the last two minutes.

Also near the top spot is Fix You, Charlie Brown, DLIBYH and Square One.

I don't think it's cheesy at all that the song helped you!!! :) In fact, I think it's pretty amazing!

PS: Looove reading everyones posts! Keep it up, guys and girls! ;)

I have my favorite for each album:

Parachutes- Everything's Not Lost ( Because it always gives me hope when I'm down)

ARROBTTH- The Scientist ( I love the concept and the lyrics as well)

X&Y- Fix You ( Probably their most emotional song so far, just in my opinion)

VLVODAAHF- Strawberry Swing ( Love the sweet tune and the colourful video)

MX- Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall ( I can't help jumping and smiling whenever this song explodes in the speakers)

Hands down, it's Charlie Brown. :charlie1: Don't believe there is another song like it and it's captured the hearts of all. It's melody and Chris's vocals. Like it came out of heaven and it makes everyone happy and glad to be alive listening and singing to Coldplay music. :nice:

I agree, it makes me happy everytime and I just want to jump everywhere when I hear it.

I can't pick one... it's too hard.

But I REALLY love : DAAHF, Clocks, Green Eyes, VLV and Charlie Brown.

I really can't choose an all-time favourite because every song is my favourite in a certain situation. I have to say Talk though. It wasn't the first song I heard from Coldplay but it was the song that made me love them and it has been there for me for many years now. The most played Coldplay-song in my library is Cemeteries Of London and I love it but it doesn't mean as much to me as Talk does.