✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[8-Feb-2012] Coldplay @ Club Nokia, Los Angeles, CA, USA

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going to the Grammy's? Lucky! How did you get a ticket?

All the italicized are the events I plan/hope to attend. As of right now, I'm on a waiting list for the Grammy tickets which I applied for through seatfillersandmore...I've done a lot of events with them, so crossing my fingers! Last year my boyfriend was accepted to go to the event :D

But also, they sell tickets for the Grammy's too! I haven't done research on how much they are but I believe they're sold in packages. A few years ago, I got lucky and while watching the red carpet arrivals, a nice lady who had to leave gave me her ticket to the show :)

Are you going to the Grammy's? Lucky! How did you get a ticket?

I take it back, I just looked it up and it said "Alas, tickets to the annual Grammy Awards show are not available to the general public; it's "by invitation only" to nominees, recording artists, & record company execs."

I guess I got lucky when that lady gave me her ticket...no wonder it looked so fancy and nice! Here's a picture of how it looks (my boyfriend holding his ticket)

180300_10150090393701814_603026813_6895713_5654111_n.jpg

Ticket to the American Music Awards, however are available for purchase which I have done so in the past...they were $100 for balcony seats at the Shrine Auditorium.

I take it back, I just looked it up and it said "Alas, tickets to the annual Grammy Awards show are not available to the general public; it's "by invitation only" to nominees, recording artists, & record company execs."

I guess I got lucky when that lady gave me her ticket...no wonder it looked so fancy and nice!

Ticket to the American Music Awards, however are available for purchase which I have done so in the past...they were $100 for balcony seats at the Shrine Auditorium.

I went to the American Music Awards 2 years ago at the Nokia Theater. But I would love to go to the Grammy's. My son has a friend who is nominated for an award. :)

Does anyone know what the deal is on lining up? I read some reviews today on the venue and apparently they will turn people away if they run out of PIT wristbands before you show up. That wouldn't be an issue but I am also hearing that they don't allow you to line up until a certain pre determined time , of course they won't say judging by how secretive they are about other things

Does anyone know what the deal is on lining up? I read some reviews today on the venue and apparently they will turn people away if they run out of PIT wristbands before you show up. That wouldn't be an issue but I am also hearing that they don't allow you to line up until a certain pre determined time , of course they won't say judging by how secretive they are about other things

I don't see how they can sell you a ticket for $300, and then tell you "sorry, we ran out of wristbands"... I wouldn't sweat it.

Jason

When I was there before, the whole floor was one price GA. But for crowd control, they created 2 sections on the floor. The earliest arrivals got to be closer to the stage, and were given a wristband that allowed them beyond the rope. We got there just before showtime, so didn't get the special wristband, but were still GA on the floor. I'm thinking they'll do something similar, but those of us with the Pit tickets will be the ones allowed beyond the ropes.

I got the $100 GA tickets. How far back are the ropes?

For this show, no idea. For the last show I saw there, the ropes were just in front of the sound booth, which is on the floor. We stood right next to the sound techs. It is a very small place, and reminded me of the Hollywood Palladium.

Hey guys. It looks like some of you guys are socal experts so I'm gonna ask y'all. First, anyone have any experience with tickets that were purchased by someone else? My super cool wife got me a $300 pit ticket for my birthday and I'm paranoid about being able to get it from will call window since it will be me trying to pick it up and not her. I'm extra paranoid cuz I'm driving my butt all the way from Tucson for this. I'll be destroyed if something goes wrong. This is my dream show.

Call Ticketmaster customer service and see what they suggest. Whatever instructions they give you, I would recommend bringing the credit card used to make the purchase, a photocopy of your wife's driver's license, a print out of the order confirmation (with order number) that Ticketmaster e-mailed you, and, of course, your own driver's license. I would also call the venue itself and ask them, since they will be in control of the tickets at will call, and get the name of the person who you speak with over the phone...

Jason

I went to the American Music Awards 2 years ago at the Nokia Theater. But I would love to go to the Grammy's. My son has a friend who is nominated for an award. :)

They're still taking requests on that website until Jan 31st, give it a try. Seeing how lucky you've been in the past, you just might get accepted! :)

Does the credit card she used have your name on it too? If you have the same card, you should be ok.

Actually, it doesn't. We're kinda weird and keep entirely separate accounts. Called the venue and they said to call TM as they only gain access to the tickets on the day of show. I'm a little nervous about talking to TM only because some service rep may say something that doesn't turn out to be true. I suppose worst case I could have someone impersonate my wife if it came to it. Any volunteers? :wink3: Also means I'll have to commandeer her license and credit card for a few days. :laugh3:

Actually, it doesn't. We're kinda weird and keep entirely separate accounts. Called the venue and they said to call TM as they only gain access to the tickets on the day of show. I'm a little nervous about talking to TM only because some service rep may say something that doesn't turn out to be true. I suppose worst case I could have someone impersonate my wife if it came to it. Any volunteers? :wink3: Also means I'll have to commandeer her license and credit card for a few days. :laugh3:

This is what it says on my confirmation email:

Thank you for purchasing tickets on Ticketmaster.

Your order number for this purchase is XXXXXXXX/T44. Show complete order detail.

You will receive your tickets via: Will Call - Tickets held at Will Call can only be retrieved by the cardholder with original credit card of purchase and a valid photo ID with signature such as a state ID, driver's license or passport.

Click here for additional details regarding Will Call.

You purchased 1 ticket to:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Coldplay - iHeartRadio Live Benefit

Club Nokia, Los Angeles, CA

Wed, Feb 8, 2012 07:00 PM

And this is what it says on on the Will Call link:

Most venues, which sell tickets via Ticketmaster, offer what is called a "Will Call" Box Office, through which you can pick your tickets up right at the event prior to the show. If you were able to choose Will Call for your tickets, then it is available for your event. Box office rules and hours vary. Some may not be open until an hour prior to event time, while others may be open during regular business hours every day. Some buildings advise patrons to arrive very early to pick up tickets to avoid long lines. In the United States, most venues will not let you pick up your tickets from will call until the day of the event. In Canada, many venues will let you pick up your tickets before the day of the event--see below if you plan to pick up your tickets at will call in Canada before the day of the event.

In order to pick up your tickets, you may be required to present:

Your valid state (if a resident of the United States) or government issued (if a resident of Canada or other country) photo ID, driver's license or passport. A valid ID must be duly issued by a government agency and include a photo and a signature.

The credit card you used to purchase the tickets.

Your confirmation number.

The box office will not release tickets if the name on the ID and credit card does not match the name used to purchase the tickets from Ticketmaster or if the photo on the ID does not appear to be the photo of the person retrieving the tickets. To find out what other types of photo ID are acceptable at the venue's Will Call, please contact the venue directly.

You need a photo id that matches the name on the credit card. My husband bought my ticket with his TM account but put the ticket in my name, but we also both have the same credit card. Hope it works out for you.

I didn't realize you could do that with TM. The purchase was kinda convoluted for me anyways. My wife had two other people working on tickets while both she and I were. We both got tix, but got the dreaded error. It was a friend of hers that actually completed the deal. I'll figure some way to work it out. This is too special an opportunity to let go without a fight.

...And they're gone. There were at least 4 as I had 2 pairs on different computers at the same time. Hope someone from here got them and not some scalper. But I think it would be hard to make a profit paying around $660 for 2 tickets.

just got my ticket ! anyone planning on standing there nearby the artist entrance for their soundcheck for autographs and stuff ? because i am, just gotta find out where the entrance is and i'll be there waiting from 10AM till the show.

btw, is there any way that i could grab the wristband/ticket before the day ?

oh yeah, anyone going solo ?