✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why does everyone hate 'The Hardest Part'?

myloxyloto:)

^I agree with you. I really like High Speed and A Whisper too. I really don't understand why most of people don't like these song. but the fact that we like songs that most people do not like, that doesn't means that we love everything that Coldplay does.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^exactly, every fan has their own taste. If someone really loves a song such as THP let them be. I don't go around putting down the songs I'm not fond of or I can't get into(I don't actually hate any Coldplay songs). It can be very fustrating to like a song and not have anyone to share that with.

I'm ranting too much.

So...IMO I actually like THP video, even my non Coldplay fan brother liked it. I'd rather watch it than the Charlie Brown video.

^exactly, every fan has their own taste. If someone really loves a song such as THP let them be. I don't go around putting down the songs I'm not fond of or I can't get into(I don't actually hate any Coldplay songs). It can be very fustrating to like a song and not have anyone to share that with.

I'm ranting too much.

So...IMO I actually like THP video, even my non Coldplay fan brother liked it. I'd rather watch it than the Charlie Brown video.

I like the video too. They look so cool. I like the way of acting of Will, Guy and Jonny. How cannot smile when you see that they enjoying? I think that THP video is way better than Charlie Brown video.

I've always thought (and said) that it's one of the best songs on that album. I was so upset they never played it live during that era, so it was incredible when it appeared in such a lovely form during the later Viva gigs :)

• 1 month later...
^I agree with you. I really like High Speed and A Whisper too. I really don't understand why most of people don't like these song. but the fact that we like songs that most people do not like, that doesn't means that we love everything that Coldplay does.

same here! twisted logic too. i also think a huge number of fans only got into coldplay during viva or MX and don't really feel the band's previous work

I've always thought (and said) that it's one of the best songs on that album. I was so upset they never played it live during that era, so it was incredible when it appeared in such a lovely form during the later Viva gigs :)

THIS.

and THP is a beautiful song and as I've said before, certainly better than anything MX has to offer

Yay, X&Y anniversary today, My favourite album! :)

X&Y is my favorite Coldplay album as well. In fact, it's my 4th favorite album of all time. This is going to date me a bit, but X&Y is to Coldplay what Close to the Edge was for Yes. I hear something new everytime I listen to both albums and I've listened to them each more times than I can count!

Add me to the list of THP's supporters!! X&Y is my favorite album (with the caveat that I love each album and for very different reasons ~ but X&Y sits at the top).....and The Hardest Part is my favorite song on the album, it hooked me into the song at first listen and hasn't let go 7 years later!

• 5 weeks later...
"And the hardest part, was letting go, not taking part" Best part of the whole song. I love it.

You mean the 17 times he says this? ;)

I don't *hate* this song, but I never listen to it, nor most of X&Y. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Chris etc. regretted this song--I was listening to the Howard Stern interview the other day and Chris admitted to despising the Speed of Sound recording. I also don't like that one much.

X&Y was my favorite back in the day but they've done so much better now. X&Y is just bloated and not that great. In my opinion.