✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why does everyone hate 'The Hardest Part'?

myloxyloto:)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dislike the original version but loved the slowed down, soulful version they did during the Viva shows. I always felt that the recorded version sounded 'off', the upbeat music doesn't fit the somber lyrics. The slower version does.

• 2 months later...
I think many people who love THP are the same people who love everything that Coldplay does.

I consider myself a huge Coldplay fan but along with that comes cynicism. Would you want someone following you around praising everything you do, blessing the ground you walk on? I don't think I'd like that. If I were in the band, I'd want my fans to be critical. Knowing they like my songs because they're genuinely good. It's more real, and much more rewarding. That's the problem with a lot of people on here. They just PRAISE everything. There's gotta be something about them that you people dislike.

About 90% of the stuff Coldplay churn out, I love. That's why I've been a fan for so long. But to just simply sit around and constantly spew out words like "CHRIS MARTIN IS A GENIUS LEIK OMG" and stuff won't get you anywhere. Like those people who are on Twitter always trending "JUSTIN BIEBER IS AWESOME" "BRITNEY SPEARS IS GOD" "I WANT THE BACKSTREET BOYS INSIDE ME" etc. It's annoying.

But yeah, you may like THP genuinely, but there are a ton of people who will do this, no matter what the song is.

I agree 100%.

I love The Hardest Part! I found it on my Karaoke Channel so I sang to it at the top of my lungs. I like the LRLR version a lot. As for Chris saying he doesn’t like THP I don’t really believe it, I always doubt 80% of what he says.

I do love THP but I don’t love everything that Coldplay does. For example The MX artwork and I still can’t get into Us against the world or A rush of blood to the head (don’t ask why).

I like THP. I like the thick sound of it, I like how piano, guitar and bass merge into one melody, while each instrument is playing different one. I like lyrics, for some reason I can relate to them.

That is lovely song with lovely music video (yes, yes its strange, but in a goofy-Chris kinda way, you've got to like;))

• 2 weeks later...

It's one of the few examples of the production of a Coldplay song being the completely wrong choice. The video is fun and I don't have a particular dislike for the studio version, but it's a bit of a non-event for me. My opinion changed when I heard live piano version, which revealed a very pretty and poignant song underneath - who'd have thought?

x

I don't think it's horrendously bad but on the other hand I wouldn't ever say it was one of Coldplay's best. It's a nice enough little song but as most others have said, it's nothing spectacular - it's just a bit meh. Lyrically I suppose I'm in the minority by quite liking it, but in terms of the melody it is a bit generic and forgettable. But then, X&Y has never been my favourite album - I love some of the songs on it but I think it's definitely their weakest.

But I agree that the LRLRL version is a lot better, and I love that they added on Postcards because I feel that the two blend so well together.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who loves the live version! I've never liked the studio version at all, but I think the fact that the LRLRL version is much slower and with just the piano means that it actually makes sense as a song. Not to mention the inclusion of Postcards, which in itself is already a beautiful little piece.

I like THP. I like the thick sound of it, I like how piano, guitar and bass merge into one melody, while each instrument is playing different one. I like lyrics, for some reason I can relate to them.

I feel I can relate to the lyrics too especially this part " Everything I do it just comes undone"

I am not one of those people. I like The Hardest Part, it is not my favorite but I like it. However, I do not like all the songs from Coldplay.

Same way I feel, I love THP but that doesn't mean I find Coldplay flawless. Why is it if you like a song that's not that popular you somehow love everything Coldplay does? Yes I love THP, I think A whisper is better than Daylight, I think High Speed is amazing, and I'm not too fond of AROBTTH. I just really love some of the underrated songs and it has nothing to do with loving everything Coldplay does.

/rant over

Hope I made sense, since i'm kind of angry