✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why does everyone hate 'The Hardest Part'?

myloxyloto:)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate it. But since X&Y is kinda too long, THP would be the first to go.

The only "problem" I have with it is the fact that it was a single and it had a video.

White Shadows and Square One singles/videos should have come next after Talk.

I kinda feel that they didn't want to release it but the record company made them.

And they made the WTF video as a kind of "fuck you" to Parlophone/EMI. :D

I don't hate it. But since X&Y is kinda too long, THP would be the first to go.

The only "problem" I have with it is that fact that it was a single and it had a video.

White Shadows and Square One singles/videos should have came next after Talk.

I kinda feel that they didn't want to released but the record company made them.

And they made the WTF as a kind of "fuck you" to Parlophone/EMI.:D

haha I never thought about it like that! :laugh3:

And I totally agree about White Shadows and Square One :D

Yeah, it seems likely :lol: If it were up to me I would have left THP off X&Y, then maybe released the piano version as a B-Side to Violet Hill or something? That would cut some of the length off X&Y, and another single could have taken its place like White Shadows.

And they made the WTF video as a kind of "fuck you" to Parlophone/EMI. :D

That's the first explanation I've heard of for that video that makes complete and total sense to me :p. I love "The Hardest Part" (genuinely do, I love the chorus and the way it's sung, and the sorta alt-country-ish feel of the music), but the video for it is just weird as all get out and not...my...thing at all.

I also agree with you about X&Y being a bit too long. It could definitely do with some editing down. I think it's a good album, there's many songs on there I love. But yes, it does have some flaws. Course, I also am sorta aware of the whole story with the mess and problems surrounding the making of X&Y, so there were a lot of other factors at play with that, too. Which is a shame, 'cause, like I said, there is a good album in there.

• 2 weeks later...

X&Y is one of my favorite albums of all time. I must have listened to it 1000s of times, it just really speaks to me. The Hardest Part is great. Its a great "angsty" part of the album! It's a great story of love and getting it all wrong as it slips from your hands, as well as learning to let it go when its dead and how hard that can be. Yeah, I love it!

As I said, it's not that bad. The reason for all the hate is because it was the fourth single.

It completely murdered the X&Y era.

If it were left aside and the video weren't made it would be just another marginal song.

It's embarrassing considering they were the biggest act of 2005 and X&Y was the best selling album worldwide.

White Shadows and Square One would have solidified their position.

Meh... coulda, woulda, shoulda...