✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Will Play At 2012 London Olympics?

novocaine89

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
Hahahaha I was laughing so hard when she came on to sing with Queen ! That was terrible ! I hope Mercury didn't get to hear that from where he is :dozey:

Dear God, this is SO boring

One of the best moments of the evening was moments before showing a montage of Freddie Mercury exercising the crowd.

Proving that in death Freddie Mercury can entertain more than Jessie J can in life. Actually, when Jessie J did come on I thought I had died and gone to hell. Terrible. Just terrible.

Guest howyousawtheworld
It's not so much their physical absence than the absence of their songs. There's a celebration of Brt music for the past 50 years and not a single Coldplay song?

Along with Radiohead, they were planned to be included in Danny Boyle's opening ceremony (Viva La Vida) but unfortunately it had to be cut from the final ceremony because of time constraints. Coldplay were obviously unavailable but will be in the Paralympic closing ceremony - hopefully just them because after last night I was relieved they didn't make an appearance because of the likes Jessie J.

If One Direction can sing at a concert celebrating the 'best of british music', and not a single Coldplay or Radiohead song is played, then I wonder what the world is coming to...

Exactly! We knew they weren't going to be present, but plenty of music was played without the actual artists being there.

If One Direction can sing at a concert celebrating the 'best of british music', and not a single Coldplay or Radiohead song is played, then I wonder what the world is coming to...

I totally agree !!! WTF?!

Exactly! We knew they weren't going to be present, but plenty of music was played without the actual artists being there.

THIS !! They could have played one song even without their presence, I'm sorry but Coldplay are for sure the biggest British band right now. British music theme without mentioning them? No way.

am i the only one here who is very glad coldplay wasn't involved at all? you couldn't possibly get more cheesy and mainstream than the Olympics. plus lodon was nothing compared to beijing! the opening ceremony was just ridiculous.

am i the only one here who is very glad coldplay wasn't involved at all? you couldn't possibly get more cheesy and mainstream than the Olympics. plus lodon was nothing compared to beijing! the opening ceremony was just ridiculous.

I was thinking this after Russell Brand came out. Did we really want them at the same event as Russell Brand?

Anchorman just tweeted this, it couldn't be much clearer than this : )

For those asking, Coldplay were never due to play the Olympics Closing Ceremony. They play the Paralympics Closing Ceremony on 9 Sept. A