✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Will Play At 2012 London Olympics?

novocaine89

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Britpop icons Blur will headline a show at London's Hyde Park to celebrate the closing ceremony of the 2012 Olympics on August 12th. The bill for the event, which will include giant screens displaying highlights from the official closing ceremony, will also feature performances by New Order and the Specials.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/blur-to-headline-olympics-closing-show-20120221#ixzz1nVIr6aU8

But what about BLur? I thought it was clear that Coldplay won't do the ceremony. Or it's two different shows? I'm so confused :thinking:

• 5 months later...
Guest howyousawtheworld
I didn't see the opening ceremony so I can't compare, but I was really disappointed by this one. It really lacks rhythm and exciting stuff for me.

I spend the night all like "Coldplay, where y'all hiding ? We need you now !"

Closing ceremonies are never as good as the opening ceremony but this one is just not good. Apart from Eric Idle singing Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life and the John Lennon and Imagine part the rest has been poor! Oh and I really REALLY cannot stand Jessie J. She really ruined it all.

But the opening ceremony - wow. That was magic. Danny Boyle did us all proud there. I'll never forget the images of so many chimneys, the Olympic rings forging in the sky and the innocence of the children and nurses from Great Ormond Street Hospital enjoying themselves amidst characters of children's literature and Mike Oldfield's music.

Oh and I really REALLY cannot stand Jessie J. She really ruined it all.

Hahahaha I was laughing so hard when she came on to sing with Queen ! That was terrible ! I hope Mercury didn't get to hear that from where he is :dozey:

Dear God, this is SO boring