✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2012 JUNO Awards: Coldplay nominated for International Album of the Year

Tash

:laugh3:

That's a bit weird. I haven't visited the forum decently for a while, so sorry if I'm asking this question for sheer lack of info: was this like 'best international band'? Because it wouldn't make sense to include Coldplay and LMFAO in the same category, would it? I know that Coldplay, with MX, proved that genre is just a matter of posterior categorisation that shouldn't prevent people from experimenting and creating new music or whatever an artist wants to create. Still, it's a bit odd to have both bands at the same category.

Even if it weren't, how can LMFAO be a better band than Coldplay?

It was for groupe/duo/troupe international de l'année

:laugh3:

That's a bit weird. I haven't visited the forum decently for a while, so sorry if I'm asking this question for sheer lack of info: was this like 'best international band'? Because it wouldn't make sense to include Coldplay and LMFAO in the same category, would it? I know that Coldplay, with MX, proved that genre is just a matter of posterior categorisation that shouldn't prevent people from experimenting and creating new music or whatever an artist wants to create. Still, it's a bit odd to have both bands at the same category.

Even if it weren't, how can LMFAO be a better band than Coldplay?

LMFAO got really really popular in France, for some reason. Coldplay has always been pretty big, but in France I think they still have the reputation of making depressing songs, even with MX! Coldplay is more about feelings and stuff, whereas LMFAO is just about...letting loose, going crazy and not thinking about anything else but party, which is what most people (teenagers & young adults ) seem to enjoy now, musically speaking. You know what I mean ?

Thanks Tash and Coeurli for the info :)

I do understand :) I was saying that I just sometimes find awards a bit arbitrary. Though in a French award it does make sense to put the likes of Coldplay and LMFAO under the same category (international artist of the year), it is bit weird, isn't it?

I'm not saying there should be a category dedicated solely to the almighty Coldplay, but I guess they are better artists than LMFAO.

^It's OK, it's not like they voted for LMFAO as "best band", against Coldplay...Nooo, it didn't happen in France, of course not :rolleyes:

It did. Sorry. :shame:

It's alright, you are forgiven (gives piece of forgiveness cake :cake: ). LMFAO had no business being nominated at all :phu: