✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pop Tarts / Junk Food / Fried Butter leik omg

Brent

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would challenge you to a fight, but you'd probably surrender halfway through.

I've only been a French citizen for a few months now, so bare with me. My retilation may not be quite up to scratch. Okay, here it goes:

I'd start a war, but you'd probably stay completely out of it allowing thousands of innocents to die until one of your interests were threatened - then you'd jump in and claim you were with us all along.

GET IT? COS U DID THIS IN WW1 AND WW2? LOLZ

Satire. Edgy.

I was simply responding in the fashion she deemed appropriate. No foul, right?

To be fair, you didn't really respond in the approprite fashion. My generalisation makes sense - because more than half the American population is fat.

Your generalisation doesn't make as much sense as mine. The French are a bunch of warmongering imperialists and have been for hundreds of years. The only war they surrendered in was World War 2 - and that was because France did not even have the body count to fight it.

World War 1 cost France 4.29% of it's total population. A whole generation was lost. For perspective, World War 1 and World War 2 combined only killed 0.45% of the American population. France lost nearly four times that in four years. I can get why half of France decided not to fight. The USA has never faced situations like this on their home soil and have never lost as much numbers - so we are unsure as to whether or not the USA would have chosen to fight under those specific circumstances.

So yeah, yours doesn't really work quite as well. A better example would be to call French a nation of arrogant, cigarette smoking, fashion obsessed ******s. That rings far more true that the whole coward shtick.

So you see there really is a science behind generalising. You have to get it right.

to be completely honest, i'm just in a shit mood and i wasn't even offended by your initial comment, and i'm still not offended, and i'm not really trying to argue, so i guess i'm kind of sorry if you're taking this personally, because you're really not supposed to :/

and i admit i've probably taken it too far, so i'm just signing off and maybe i won't be a shitty person tomorrow :nice:

Americans didn't have the bodies to fight the American Revolution

Yes, but they got a lot of aid and the true combatants weren't really the Americans. It was a France vs Britain fight with America being the "revolutionists".

In a similar way to the Afghan Army are now. The USA are doing most of the fighting for them, but technically the Afghan Army are taking control of their country away from the Mujahideen and the Taliban. Maybe in a few hundred years time we will see Afghans saying:

We didn't have the bodies to fight the 2001 Afghan War.

But we won it

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVVjHI_c7MU0R_Ph2cb3fMQHWGVUXXZhMlS6C3H1VntB17Gug9

AFGHAAANISTAN

AFGHAANISTAN

THE HOME OF ALL THINGS GOOOOD

AFGHAANISTAN

AFGHAAANISTAN

OUR BEAUTY WILL LIVE ONNNNNN

edit:

Lol I'm not taking this personally at all. Why the hell would I be? I was just explaining that my generalisation did make sense. Yours didn't. From a numerical perspective. It would be the equivalent to me saying something like "America has a bad army" because they didn't win one war out of the many they've fought. It doesn't make much sense.

AFGHAAAANISTAN

AFGHAAANISTAN

ITS GLORY AND REALLY GOOD

This is quite catchy Kiame.

AFGHAAAANISTAN

AFGHAAAANISTAN

OUR CAMELS FUCK LIKE MULES

AFGHAAANISTAN

AFGHAANISTAN

OUR WOMEN SMELL LIKE D00DZZZZZ

Am I going to hell? :disappointed:

They're Americans. They don't have taste for fresh food. Unless it's been deep fried, preserved or covered in chocolate/salt they don't really care.

This is obviously satire. But it's true too. Two Americans just agreed that fresh onions are horrible but fried onions are good.

Strange. U dunt c dis in fr@nc3

I ate a whole box of pizza today.

But that's kinda good because pizza is a vegetable so

What's wrong with using non offensive, partly true generalisations in a jocular manner? Don't pretend you don't do this - everyone does. You don't get to flip out because this particular generalisation doesn't necessarily apply to you as an individual.

The USA has a very unique perspective on food and has done for the last five or six decades. This has been very well documented. Commenting on this does not mean said commentator believes every single American adheres to those perspectives.

Like it or not, you reside in a country with warped senses on nutrition. People are allowed to make a harmless joke about it if they want to, especially when there is a lot of truth behind it. And there is. Look at rates of diabetes, obesity, the government's school food programmes, nutritional education and the private food sector. It's appalling. The result? Two thirds of Americans are overweight. There is more than enough ammunition here for a valid harmless generalised joke to be made.

Chillax.

Chillax? Really? All I did was state my opinion (which I have just as much justification for doing as you do making that joke), not even specifically to you. And no offense, of course, but as a French citizen you don't know what it's like to be an American citizen. All you're going off of are stories, which may be generalizations for the country but aren't true in many cases.

But if you're joking that's fine, jokes are always acceptable of course.

I would challenge you to a fight, but you'd probably surrender halfway through.

Like this one.

:heart:

but as a French citizen you don't know what it's like to be an American citizen.

Yeh I do. My brother lives in the USA and I have visited him often. :(

And no, I wasn't going off stories. I was going off facts. Two thirds of Americans are overweight. Hence why I made the joke.

P.S: I told you to chillax because you went mental on the keyboard and did the whole "safaskfjas;flkasj" thing. It was a joke.