✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CB charts

Prospector

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol at paradise nowhere to be found.

Anyway it's occurred to me that the reason Coldplay singles have such a hard time charting to the number 1 and 2 spots is that their albums are so good that after single #2 people buy the albums and feel no need to buy the singles later. It explains why the earlier singles (e.g. Viva, Paradise) fare better on the charts than the later ones (LiJ, CB?). Compare that with chart-rippers with fantastic singles but lacklustre albums. I'm no expert so I'm open to correction, but maybe Coldplay is paying a price here for being so good?

That being said, go Charlie Brown go!

Charlie Brown drops to 26 (was 22 last week)

Paradise stays at 37

MX jumps to 7 on the albums chart (was 12 last week)

These stats are for the UK Singles and Albums Chart.

CB dropped (maybe it wasn't released after all on the 19th?)

But, MX rises so good news.

Side note:

The same website that initially put up the release date of March 19th in the UK, now has since changed the release date of CB to "coming soon".

Maybe they are delaying the release, or maybe that website is shady. Regardless, its kind of a mess.

Website I was referring to above:

http://www.radio1.gr/music/forthcoming_uk_singles.htm

UK Radio Airplay Chart:

In Nielsen's new UK Radio Airplay chart, the top two spots remain occupied by Gotye and Emeli Sande, whilst Charlie Brown by Coldplay leaps to 3 from 5.

Source: http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1048943&c=1

Why they aren't capitalizing on such airplay by releasing the single like right now is beyond me. It would shoot into the top 10 immediately.

Maybe it is a single thought, they promoted it a couple of times with a discount, it just wasn't released with fanfare.

Maybe they're doing the best they can but people just aren't buying the song.

Why they aren't capitalizing on such airplay by releasing the single like right now is beyond me. It would shoot into the top 10 immediately.

Maybe it is a single thought, they promoted it a couple of times with a discount, it just wasn't released with fanfare.

Maybe they're doing the best they can but people just aren't buying the song.

If it was released it would be on Coldplay.com, end of story. It's not on the website, then it wasn't released as a single. :snobby:

With all the offers, they seem preoccupied to sell the album, more than CB.

UGH JUST RELEASE IT ALREADY! :bomb:

I still don't think it has been released.

The date of February 3rd is when the Charlie Brown Music Video was released.

I think you're wrong, just compare Charlie Brown with ETIAW. The release of ETIAW was on 3 June 2012 and the video release was on 29 June 2012. The release date for ETIAW on Coldplay.com is 3 June 2012.