✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

BBC Philharmonic Orchestra Perform Paradise

Guest howyousawtheworld

https://rapidshare.com/files/2560529528/What_s_the_Score__-_Paradise.flv

Rapidshare link.. youtube to follow.

Enjoy.

Thanx Row, that was really quite beautiful and works with the horns and harp. Hundreds of high school bands will play this, if they don't now. :awesome:

Edit: Can't decide which one is better. :sick:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgovv8jWETM]Coldplay - Paradise (Peponi) African Style (Piano/Cello) Cover - The Piano Guys ft. Alex Boye - YouTube[/ame]

^ From the OP: "(Paradise was requested by top British athlete Mo Farah for BBC Radio 5 Live's special sporting theme tunes night)"

That guy running is Mo Farah.

Well, he has just made it the official summer Olympics song, methinks.:)

And yes the boys must be very proud. Chris always says a good song will work in any format.

They're not?

Well, that sucks :(. I hope someone changes their mind on that.

Howyousawtheworld's original post says.

(Paradise was requested by top British athlete Mo Farah for BBC Radio 5 Live's special sporting theme tunes night)

So I imagine it's for that.. :D

I just noticed that :lol:. I was going to ask what inspired them to do that song.

Holy crap. That was INCREDIBLE. I loved that version, it sounded so beautiful. I kinda want an mp3 of it. Thanks, Row, for making it available for those of us who couldn't see it in the original post (and thanks to howyousawtheworld for your post and alerting us to it in the first place :)).

I'd love to hear the guys' thoughts on that version. I bet they'd love it.

(Also, am I the only one who was mouthing the lyrics while listening :D?)

They're not?

Well, that sucks :(. I hope someone changes their mind on that.

They're supposed to be in Montreal on the same date than the Olympics opening ceremonies. I just can't believe they weren't invited. So far only Ryan Seacrest has mentioned it during a phone interview with Chris back on June 30th of last year. He was assuming Coldplay were going to perform at the Olympics and Chris said, no we're not. But since then no one has asked them to elaborate why not. I might just email Debs Wild and ask since it's bothering me so much.

Thanx Row, that was really quite beautiful and works with the horns and harp. Hundreds of high school bands will play this, if they don't now. :awesome:

Edit: Can't decide which one is better. :sick:

They also played the mix of Viva la Vida and a Taylor's Love Story, hmm

They're supposed to be in Montreal on the same date than the Olympics opening ceremonies. I just can't believe they weren't invited. So far only Ryan Seacrest has mentioned it during a phone interview with Chris back on June 30th of last year. He was assuming Coldplay were going to perform at the Olympics and Chris said, no we're not. But since then no one has asked them to elaborate why not. I might just email Debs Wild and ask since it's bothering me so much.

Oh. Hm. Yeah. That is strange.

You should ask! Get a definitive answer.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Mega thanks to Comicforce for re uploading the original video so everyone can see it. I have posted your upload on the original post. Thanks comicforce!

Elbow are writing the official BBC Olympic theme for the London Olympics (which is awesome), but if I was head of the production team of the BBC's Olympic coverage I'd get them to record this version of Paradise.

I watched the whole show of this on the red button and Paradise was the best...along with the performance of the best sports theme ever - Grandstand!

On a side note to Elbow recording this years BBC Olympic theme, Damon Albarn along with art from Jamie Hewlett (Gorillaz) did the 2008 Beijing theme. It was fucking awesome!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTHbGN4FIZQ]Beijing 2008 - Olympics Journey to the East - YouTube[/ame]

Mega thanks to Comicforce for re uploading the original video so everyone can see it. I have posted your upload on the original post. Thanks comicforce!

Elbow are writing the official BBC Olympic theme for the London Olympics (which is awesome), but if I was head of the production team of the BBC's Olympic coverage I'd get them to record this version of Paradise.

I watched the whole show of this on the red button and Paradise was the best...along with the performance of the best sports theme ever - Grandstand!

On a side note to Elbow recording this years BBC Olympic theme, Damon Albarn along with art from Jamie Hewlett (Gorillaz) did the 2008 Beijing theme. It was fucking awesome!

You are more than welcome :D thanks for bringing it to our attention in the first place! :D

Well, he has just made it the official summer Olympics song, methinks.:)

I just thought the same. If we can't have Coldplay at the Olympics, then at least have this song with a montage of Olympic clips.

I feel an apology growing already about the Olympics. We have a terrible logo that nobody likes and breaks all the rules of good design ; a terrible narrative for the opening ceremony that's depressing about pollution and a spoiled land ; and a terrible band past their prime to close it.

And no Coldplay! Maybe they saw what was planned and with the exquisite taste they all have said "no thanks". Who could blame them?

Guest howyousawtheworld
I just thought the same. If we can't have Coldplay at the Olympics, then at least have this song with a montage of Olympic clips.

I feel an apology growing already about the Olympics. We have a terrible logo that nobody likes and breaks all the rules of good design ; a terrible narrative for the opening ceremony that's depressing about pollution and a spoiled land ; and a terrible band past their prime to close it.

And no Coldplay! Maybe they saw what was planned and with the exquisite taste they all have said "no thanks". Who could blame them?

Yeah something about the opening ceremony and 'Isles of Wonder'. I'm sure it will be fine but the organisers are doing a fine job of lowering everyone's expectations. As you said the logo is a complete embarrassment but perhaps even worse is the look of the stadium. ]Im sure it will generate a good atmosphere and everything but from the outside aesthitically it looks like a tampered cake tin. I saw it back in September and it was as if nothing stood there. It was that unspectacular.

Blur are only performing at a concert in Hyde Park. They aren't doing the closing ceremony. It's just a normal concert disguised in Olympic dress. Anything you do in London that month will be officially Olympic...even taking a shit!

Guest howyousawtheworld
Wow, this version sounds majestic! :heart:

Not the best audience, but I noticed a guy with a headset nodding along :D (you can see him at the table at 2:04)

That's Colin Murray. He used to be on Radio 1 but now he's a sports presenter for radio and presents Match of the Day on Sunday nights as well.

• 4 months later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

Almost forgot to mention but well done to Mo Farah (who without him we wouldn't have this beautiful rendition of Paradise) who won gold on Saturday night in the 10,000m in an incredible race thus ending almost two decades of African domination in the event. He contributed to quite possibly the greatest day in British sport.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18912148

And it's not all over. He goes for the 5,000m title on Saturday evening and the opportunity to become double Olympic champion in his home games.

Well done Mo and good luck for Saturday!

mo-farah_2300492b.jpg