✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying user created band?

Cheese Nip 2

Joined the facebook group! I'm happy to take care of strings since that seems to be something not many others can do. I only have my computer's mic and garageband to work with, so I won't have the best quality sound, but I'll do what I can. I like the idea of little samples of stuff from around the house. :)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha wow this is coming together nicely!

Great ideas: keep them coming! The Viva Demos idea really hits home :amazed:

Well we can break up into teams seeing as how we have more hen enough people for each instrument. But if we do decide to stay as one large band you will stay as lead vocals and you can hope on piano if we need you :nice:

Haha enthusiasm! Not a problem, do whatever floats your boat. I'm sure we canfix the noise from the iPod recordings but just make sure your in a nice quiet room to make it easier for us and this way we don't loose any sound quality even though the iPod mics aren't the best.

If you can buy a sterio to 3.5mm adapter and a 2-way 3.5mm cable, you can record right from your guitar! It's not expensive at all and the cable comes in handy (trust me). It should be around $10

this?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/peterson-3.5mm--1-4in-iphone-itouch-adapter-cable/620132000002000?src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0&gclid=CI-lj__ipq8CFWc0Qgod8ELszg

Joined the facebook group! I'm happy to take care of strings since that seems to be something not many others can do. I only have my computer's mic and garageband to work with, so I won't have the best quality sound, but I'll do what I can. I like the idea of little samples of stuff from around the house. :)

lmao be proud in the strings, they're becomign hard to come by now-a-days :lol:

So when should we start?

:DSo excited!:D

We're deciding on a 3 Leader project where the leaders choose a Coldplay song and the other members can pick and choose which song to be a part of :P

haha nope:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SP100A3672S2154843802P?sid=IDx20101019x00001a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM484545401

and:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Hosa+Technology+-+3.5mm+TRS-to-1/4%22+TRS+Adapter/8561488.p?id=1208561872271&skuId=8561488&cmp=RMX&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8561488

You can make it a bit cheaper by buying an adapter for jack to mini jack. You can save the extra cable and use your guitar cable. Though this direct-input-to-iphone or whatever solution isn't a pretty good idea, if you really want to do it this way you can save up a few dollars for the extra cable.

Do you have a guitar amp with a line out?

Your solution and my solution are almost the same, expect that I said that he should only buy one adapter instead of an adapter and a new cable. And there are some ways to improve this simple recording method, e.g. by using the line output of your guitar amp and not your guitar (which means the signal is preamped and you can use some effects of your guitar amp) and you could use another software; Audacity is a good choice if you want to keep it totally free.

Your solution and my solution are almost the same, expect that I said that he should only buy one adapter instead of an adapter and a new cable. And there are some ways to improve this simple recording method, e.g. by using the line output of your guitar amp and not your guitar (which means the signal is preamped and you can use some effects of your guitar amp) and you could use another software; Audacity is a good choice if you want to keep it totally free.

Your right, but I suggested the cable and the adapter for her insace she wants to use the cable for something else; comes in handy for me :P

Audacity is good as well

Hey hey waaaaaaaiiiiit

I'd love to take a part in this too!

I can play almost every Coldplay song on guitar (both acoustic and electric), I can also sing (but only if I find a good mic). But since a lot of people already signed up for this, I can also do some electronic beats/backing tracks if needed, and I'm an experienced song and lyrics writer, if anyone is interested in original songs...

I'll join the facebook group now :)

hey cheesenip, how would you be recording the guitar parts?

also if you could create a facebook profile so you can post in the group that would be good ;)

I'm recording a demo with garage band. Admittedly it doesn't sound great and it's extremely rough, but I'll try to PM you what I have after I tighten it up and then I can re-record it so it fits with everyone else's.

Edit:hmmm...Alot of people seem to be interested in this one. Someone else can take this one if they want, but I'll send you what I got anyways.:)

If anyone is interested in doing originals I'd like to work with you, so just let me know:)

^Great! I have garage band so if you send me anything (like a chord progression or something) I'll add to it. (Or I could send you something and you can add to that. Whatever works.):D

Just PM me if you need my email or just want to talk about what we're going to write:)